Thanks for your support!

Path to the Draft : Texans

Needs:
QB
OL
S
LB

249 sacks over 5 years for Carr.

May move up for Quinn, trade 1st and 2nd round picks.

Suggested Beekman for the OL.

Suggested Weddle for the secondary

Unlike the Panthers and Jaguars, the Texans did not have as much handed to them by the NFL.

You need to be able to depend on the QB, and Carr is not a guy you can depend on.

Green was a good signing, but the question is whether he can get past the OL.

Close, yet far, from challenging the Colts for the AFC South.

MW needs to be a guy teams plan around for the defense to succeed.

From NFL Network right? Marshall Faulk needs to shut the hell up. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Everyone else is saying how Quinn will probably be passed on if he were available due to a David Carr like situation. I wasn't feeling anything he said. But uh... yeah I saw it.

Probably going to be tough to get Weddle if we trade a first and second to move up. I think the "need" at QB will probably be put on hold for another year while our front office concentrates on the Lines and the secondary...and hopefully a first day RB.

From NFL Network right? Marshall Faulk needs to shut the hell up. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Everyone else is saying how Quinn will probably be passed on if he were available due to a David Carr like situation. I wasn't feeling anything he said. But uh... yeah I saw it.

What are you talking about. Many have us taking him if he's available. David Carr situation? David Carr was a top pick. That he didn't turn out to be a top player is just the risk you take when drafting. Quinn can be a stud or he can be a bust. But you will never know, unless you draft him

1st and second to trade up for Quinn? Yeah, that's great. Then we can trade our second day and a couple picks from next year to trade back into the first round and pick up Greg Olsen.

I would be disgusted if we traded away our second to move up.
It would be Philip Buchanon all over again. What a boring draft day that was.

1st and second to trade up for Quinn? Yeah, that's great. Then we can trade our second day and a couple picks from next year to trade back into the first round and pick up Greg Olsen.

I would be disgusted if we traded away our second to move up.
It would be Philip Buchanon all over again. What a boring draft day that was.

I don't agree with trading up for him, but if he's available and peterson isn't, then you take him. But trade up, no.

I've never heard anything that sounds like an original thought from Marshall Faulk. I don't like him on the show, & would much rather watch Irvin or Sharpe.

But, I did like his picks.

I've never heard anything that sounds like an original thought from Marshall Faulk. I don't like him on the show, & would much rather watch Irvin or Sharpe.

I like Marshall. No, he's not loud an obnoxious like sharpe and Irvin, but he does have opinions with facts. I'm tired of all these sideshow broadcasters, if I want to be entertained, i'll watch King of Queens.

I don't care if they stay at 8 and pick him. I'm just not for giving up picks to get a guy whose first name isn't Joe and second name isn't Franchise-left-tackle.

Thank goodness,I was about to turn when they started talking about the 249 sacks.I was positive they were gonna have us take Levi.

what if Marshall turns out to be spot on :yikes:

I liked his opinion, seemed fresh & sincere, don't take the Texans inept draft record out on him. my quess is if the Texans could turn an 8 into a 2 using David Carr they'd do it in a Detroit minute :)

If #8 + #8 = #2, yeah, I think they'd be giggling like school girls to make it happen. I wouldn't be against it either.

what if Marshall turns out to be spot on :yikes:

I liked his opinion, seemed fresh & sincere, don't take the Texans inept draft record out on him. my quess is if the Texans could turn an 8 into a 2 using David Carr they'd do it in a Detroit minute :)

I just love the irony.

I think it could work. Detroit wins and so the Texans if we pull the trigger on Thomas.

I really liked Marshall as a RB coming out of college and in the NFL, but from watching him on NFL Network all year, he really doesn't know much about the Texans. He has shown that he doesn't think much of Texans, and has been very negative most of the time when talking about the Texans.

Needs:
QB
OL
S
LB

249 sacks over 5 years for Carr.

May move up for Quinn, trade 1st and 2nd round picks.

Suggested Beekman for the OL.

Suggested Weddle for the secondary

Unlike the Panthers and Jaguars, the Texans did not have as much handed to them by the NFL. Am I missing something here?

You need to be able to depend on the QB, and Carr is not a guy you can depend on.

Green was a good signing, but the question is whether he can get past the OL.

Close, yet far, from challenging the Colts for the AFC South. Close, yet far........sounds good

MW needs to be a guy teams plan around for the defense to succeed. I think he's already accomplished this

comments in red.

comments in red.

By the Jags and Panthers comment, he meant that those expansion franchises were given extra draft choices and extra players in their first year. Well, both franchises made it to the NFC and AFC chapionships in their second years of existence. And the league thought they made it too easy for them. So when cleveland was the next expansion team they curtailed their help.

And on the Mario comment, I think he meant that mario needs to be the focus like Julius Peppers or Jayson Taylor are on their teams where they free up other players. And Mario is kinda that player right now but I think everyone can agree that he has to improve from his rookie year. 4.5 sacks last year. Maybe he can get around 8 this year.

This is how I see this draft playing out.

If Peterson or Quinn fall to 8, we are taking them. There is no chance of Peterson, so I still think it would be Quinn.

There will be WR talent in the 2nd (maybe even Jarret) if we go secondary first.

I would rather see Leon Hall over Landry. A corner is a lot harder to find than a safety, and the draft is loaded with safties for 4 rounds.

Taking a S at number 8 in this draft with all the safety talent would be a huge mistake.

1. CB
2. WR
3. S
4. DT
5. DE
6. RB (this shoots up to number 1 if Peterson is there)

Whatever the picks, a franchise back needs to be the first pick next year. McFadden would be great.

They just repeat rumors that they hear. We will not be trading up 2 spots to get a QB in the first RD. We have to many needs to fill. Now if the QB spot was our only glaring weakness I could see it, but this year NO WAY!!!

To each his own, I definitely would rather watch Faulk over Irvin. Sharpe is good though.

We have pretty good chance of landing in the top 10 of the draft again next year. I expect us to win any where from 5-7 ball games.

you have a bad attitude. We are going 8-8! lets hear it for mediocrity!!!! :sarcasm: but I really think we might have a winning season with Sage calling the shots

Whatever the picks, a franchise back needs to be the first pick next year. McFadden would be great.

McFadden looks great and could be another "once in a lifetime back", but there are several very talented backs entering the draft next year like Steve Slaton (WVU), Ray Rice (Rutgers), James Davis (Clemson), Brandon Ore (VT), and probably a few others that will emerge.

you have a bad attitude. We are going 8-8! lets hear it for mediocrity!!!! :sarcasm: but I really think we might have a winning season with Sage calling the shots

I am just trying to be real. I have been Texans fans since day one and I sincerely hope they go at least 8-8 next year or better. We have too many question marks on just about every position on the team.

As for Kast response: Yes I do believe Sage Rosenfel is better then Carr. In 5+ years, Carr really hasn't shown me anything. NOTHING. Under these scenarios, I do believe we are better off with Sage as a QB next year. Sage may not have the arm strength or athleticism of Carr, but he does appear to have the rest that matters to the team.

I am not saying Sage is a long term solution but yes he is better option right now then Carr. I will be very happy to see Sage lead our ball club for year or two till we find elite level QB for the franchise.

Other side Note: I am thrilled about any of the QB in this draft. This is not the class to be taking a QB, IMO - none of these guys seem rock-solid. This is such a poor QB draft that the highest drafted QB may be so because he performed well IN ONE GAME. All it took was one game to possibly dethrone this year's media darling (Quinn) - that's how poor a QB draft this year is.

If the Texans' front office wants to say they're sorry, they need to do it some other way.

Draft: I would much rather go Jarret or Leon Hall at 8 than Quinn or Landry.

Last off season, we had a ton to be excited about.

New coach
fresh start
Bush or Vince comming to town
New offense system

This year seems like just waiting out another year of mediocrity. :um: :embarrass :gun:

Back