Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Owens may miss playoffs with ankle sprain

I hope not. I'm pulling for the Eagles to make it to the Super Bowl. They been too close the last few years.

Philadelphia Eagles star receiver Terrell Owens will miss the rest of the regular season and possibly the playoffs and Super Bowl with torn ligaments in his right ankle and a broken leg bone.

Owens needs surgery and stands only an outside chance of being able to play in the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 if the Eagles make it that far, head trainer Rick Burkholder said.

Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said Owens will have surgery to have a screw installed to stabilize the ankle joint and will stay off the leg for three weeks.
Burkholder said that Owens will be tested in three weeks and possibly could run on the leg in five weeks.

If that goes well, he said, there would be an outside chance Owens could play in the Super Bowl seven weeks from now (Feb. 6). The trainer categorized it as an outside chance but noted that "it's a game he's never played in."

Im not a T.O. fan, so the news doesnt sting so much. He is a great reciever, but he is too much mouth. Plus im kinda sick of seeing the eagles in every NFC champ game.

Obviously a conspiracy involving Andy Reid and the tights. One TD away and he gets injured. :hmmm:

How many people will the league allow Roy WIlliams to hurt by pulling them down by the back of their shoulder pads?

It seems like this cowgirl p.o.s has hurt more than a few players this year with that pathetic tactic. When you go 200 pounds plus and drop your weight on someone from behind you will bring them down. His tactics look like steer wrestling.

Yes I know it was T.O. but I think the league should probably take a look into this matter.

shinerbock_texas said:
How many people will the league allow Roy WIlliams to hurt by pulling them down by the back of their shoulder pads?

It seems like this cowgirl p.o.s has hurt more than a few players this year with that pathetic tactic. When you go 200 pounds plus and drop your weight on someone from behind you will bring them down. His tactics look like steer wrestling.

Yes I know it was T.O. but I think the league should probably take a look into this matter.

Are you serious? This is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.

I don't like Terrell as a player but I'm sorry he's hurt and I'm sure he's getting expert care and will return as soon as he's able.

It's not Roy's fault he got hurt though. He has a perfect legal right to grab his shoulders or his jersey to bring him down.

If the league keeps putting cuffs on the defenses they might as well just start playing flag football.

DC_ROCK said:
Are you serious? This is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.
Actually, he is serious. This is the second time he's posted this.

I'll replay again with
eusa_boohoo.gif

I don't wish bad things on any player. Well, I do with Leonard Little but that's a different story.

But with the history of Eagles fans (cheering Michael Irvin's injury, etc.) and Owens' constant antics (not just the endzone celebrations), I won't shed a tear over Owens missing some games.

Where's George Teague when you need him?

And to pile on...

Maybe the league should look into some of these defensive linemen that are topping 330+. Just imagine the number of ribs that could be spared (hold all "spare ribs" jokes, please) if these tubbies were kept off the field instead of falling on these smaller sized RBs and QBs. Travesty, I tell you.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man, the myth, the legend, George Teague is most widely remembered for his hit, as the Free Safety of the Dallas Cowboys in the 2000 season, on Terrel Owens, wide receiver of the 49ers, when Owens attempted to show up the Cowboys by running to the middle of Texas Stadium and standing in the star after scoring a touchdown. Teague knocked over Owens and was ejected from the game. What a guy...

Huge said:
Where's George Teague when you need him?

He actually now head football coach at Harvest Christian High School in Dallas, Texas.

shinerbock_texas said:

sweet sassy molassy dude, did you actually say this? OMG, I thought that the texans fan last week who said manning was classless because he audibles too much was nuts. But, wow!

You have watched football before right?

I wish TO a speedy recovery. With that being said, since his encounter with Teague, he had kept his Star dancing on the one in the endzone, nevertheless still making a point of dancing on the Star. Perhaps now, he will chill on his dance routines and concentrate more on cheerleading. :hmmm:

Youngstown Colt said:
but that WAS one of his dance routines

True, but the cheerleading with the pom-poms was more interactive, while the star dance was more in your face, lol.

All I keep hearing is how he will be back in time for them to play in the Super Bowl. Are you kidding me? Hey Philly!!! No Supe for you!!!

:jumpbanan

Back