Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Overheard on ESPN Radio

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
Driving home from the sports bar here in Austin today, I overheard the following on ESPN Radio...and I am paraphrasing...

Andre Johnson played with a lot of energy...and that transferred to the defense....Kubiak has something really special goin' on down there with the Houston Texans.
OK. Stop right there. I don't know who the guy was who said it, but I'm relatively sure it was not Michael Smith, the only ESPN dude to say something positive about the Texans in the pre-season.

So, all you bandwagoners at ESPiN...don't bother. We don't need your help. :pirate: :texflag: :fans:

Michael Smith -- your thoughts are welcome anytime.

Shannon Sharpe on CBS's halftime dog and pony show was pronouncing Kubiak the "Coach of the Year."

For once, I agree with Sharpe.

Yeah, its just two games and all but day-umn.

Driving home from the sports bar here in Austin today, I overheard the following on ESPN Radio...and I am paraphrasing...

Andre Johnson played with a lot of energy...and that transferred to the defense....Kubiak has something really special goin' on down there with the Houston Texans.
OK. Stop right there. I don't know who the guy was who said it, but I'm relatively sure it was not Michael Smith, the only ESPN dude to say something positive about the Texans in the pre-season.

So, all you bandwagoners at ESPiN...don't bother. We don't need your help. :pirate: :texflag: :fans:

Michael Smith -- your thoughts are welcome anytime.

I believe that was Ditka.

Prior to the game, Jaworski and Ditka were already on the Texan's bandwagon.

This team has been so bad for so long , its gonna take a while to get their dues . You KNOW that when they do take off and start being a consistent team , there will be those "experts" that will jump on the bandwagon faster than Micheal Irvin on a crack rock .

Merril Hodge just said he liked Houston...to be fair though he was high on Schaub and said he thinks that Schaub could turn us around.

On Football Night in America, the question was which team can come out of nowhere to make a big run. The options were Packers, Niners, and Texans.

Tiki Barber took us. Bettis took the Pack and Collingsworth took the Niners.

Mark Tiki down for a position near the front of the bandwagon.

A lot of people in the media are eating crow. It's been strange to hear the talking heads say "The Texans look great!" I'm watching every highlight show just to hear them. They have no choice but to talk about how great the Texans look since we stomped the Panthers and they were all praising the Panthers after their win last week.

A lot of people in the media are eating crow. It's been strange to hear the talking heads say "The Texans look great!" I'm watching every highlight show just to hear them. They have no choice but to talk about how great the Texans look since we stomped the Panthers and they were all praising the Panthers after their win last week.

yeah, I'm waiting for Kiper to come out singing the Texans' praises. Apparently, we "did not address our offensive line" in the last draft. Hmm, maybe we did not need to. Maybe our line began maturing last year. Maybe the problem was at QB all along?

Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm." <queue the music>

:specnatz:

i find it funny how quickly most of the media outlets suddenly have changed their tunes

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/09/16/snap.judgments/index.html

At this point, I think we have to acknowledge that Matt Schaub looks like the real deal in Houston. And for that matter, so do the 2-0 Texans. While Carolina can be maddening to try and figure out, that wasn't Kansas City that Houston just manhandled. The Texans were down 14-0 on the road -- a situation that always spelled defeat for Houston in the past -- and went on to score the game's next 34 points. Wow. Gary Kubiak and Co. have something nice building deep in the heart of Texas.

Just wait until we play Atlanta...

If we're doing good, and Atlanta is still in the toilet by the time we play them, then ALL the media will be on our bandwagon.

It'll be the story of the week, and the commentators during the game will talk about the Schaub trade the entire game. We'll see highlights from his ACC days, interviews with hometown friends and family.

It'll be a non-stop Schaub Fest by the media...acting as if they knew it all along.

That's what I hate about the media, it;s why I made a big jump during college years to get away from a journalism major and just get a P.R. and Advertising degree...at least in Advertising or P.R. you are "who you are" instead of journalists who fake it all the time and jump from ship to ship as the tide turns different ways.

Back