Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Our scores against Jax?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Does anyone have a list of our final scores against Jacksonville since we started playing football?

I'm trying to convince someone that we usually play Jacksonville tough and have more all time wins than losses. He is convinced that since Jacksonville has looked so good we have no shot and that they have our number.

Does anyone have a list of our final scores against Jacksonville since we started playing football?

I'm trying to convince someone that we usually play Jacksonville tough and have more all time wins than losses. He is convinced that since Jacksonville has looked so good we have no shot and that they have our number.

we HAVE to win one in the division this year... we take it 20-17.

2002: @21-19, 21-24
2003: 24-20, @0-27
2004: 20-6, @21-0
2005: @14-21, 20-38
2006: 27-7, @13-10
2007: @17-37, ???

Total record 6-5, but your friend is right. We have no chance ..... OK, little chance. The Jags do not turn the ball over, they run the ball well, and they play very good defense. Our team turns the ball over worse than any team in the NFL, doesn't run the ball well, doesn't defend particularly well against good teams, and doesn't score when it matters. I'd have to look at 3rd down percentages, but I'd be willing to bet the Jags probably have us there, too. Of course, the game still has to be played, so you just never know.

We only have a shot because it's a home game and the Jags are going to be resting due to the fact that they will be in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually pull this one out.

Historically, the team that wins the first game wins the second game. My googling skills aren't up to the task to pull up the final scores of all the Texans vs. Jags games. But I'm pretty sure we've played the Jags well for the most part besides the game at JAX this year and I'm sure we've laid a couple of stinkers to them since our inception besides that one.

I think we'll break the tradition of one team sweeping the divisional game and we'll win a squeaker because JAX has the luxury of looking beyond us and into the playoffs. 8-8 isn't anything to sneeze at. Playoffs in '08.

no secrets this week...we barely ran for 65 yards when we played them earlier, but we gave up 125 and two td's to MJD alone. run the ball better and stop their run.

it seems so long ago that we played them last, and the stat sheets reflects that as well. Ahman and Samkon ran for us last time and Matt was behind center still.

injuries suck.

Total record 6-5, but your friend is right. We have no chance ..... OK, little chance. The Jags do not turn the ball over, they run the ball well, and they play very good defense. Our team turns the ball over worse than any team in the NFL, doesn't run the ball well, doesn't defend particularly well against good teams, and doesn't score when it matters. I'd have to look at 3rd down percentages, but I'd be willing to bet the Jags probably have us there, too. Of course, the game still has to be played, so you just never know.

You forgot 1 very important thing

BATTLE RED DAY

And it's the teams last chance to shed themselves of the loser label and go 500 for the year. Hopefully that inspires them some.

Jags will be resting it's starters. You can have this one...we got the playoffs. Although, A big bowl of CREAM DA BEEF would be delicious :whip: ....Payback for the broom last year... The Sweep is coming???:bat: :bat: :bat:

agreed...on any given sunday and all of that. We were six points short of the colts at home. If the Texan get under that six, I'll be happy man.

They are on a run and they believe in their young QB. They are palying for each other now. They get any production at all out of their WR spots, they will be a very tough out.

Unfortunately, I think Leftnut had a lot to do with us winning against the Jags. They are a different team now that Gerrard is at the helm. Hopefully they will be resting starters cause I really don't want to see Jones-Drew and Taylor running all over us. Especially since our seats are right behind the Jags bench. Seeing their grinning faces discussing how they torched our D would put me over the edge and make me hemorrhage. Let's keep Jones-Drew's little "flex my muscles" TD celebration out of Reliant.....PLEASE. :gun:

OK my Jags hate vent is over....we now continue your regularly scheduled post.

I think we win this week. They'll be resting some people in the second half and the team will like to finish off the season on a high note. I predicted 8-8 and I'm sticking to it.

I predicted 7-9 and I'm sticking to it. The Jags will have us for lunch, cream da beef, hamburgers, k-bobs, etc etc etc, whatever they want they will get, cause our TEXANS are so damn generous this year they will give um what they want. BET on it!!!!

Gotta love a team that is so GIVING this time of year!!!:sarcasm:

Unfortunately, I don't like our chances. The Jags are basically our polar opposite. They are consistent, they don't turn the ball over, they have two great running backs, they are healthy, they play great defense (especially against the run), and they don't make stupid mistakes. It may be close if they decide to rest starters...but I'm not seeing a win. Despite the record difference, they are every bit as good as Indy, and Indy just took us to school.

Filo, No Kitty litter cake this weekend???? It's BEEF week. I do like the fact you guys dress up for my Jags...All red and dead? LOL..Just kidding. Here is to a good game and please!!! no injuries.

*nevermind*

Dang it Mootini, at least give me a FRESH bowl of creme de beef...will ya! :wild:

She... Your team will be in there battle red on Sunday and playing the Jags 2nd stringers....8-8 might be there???

I predicted 7-9 and I'm sticking to it. The Jags will have us for lunch, cream da beef, hamburgers, k-bobs, etc etc etc, whatever they want they will get, cause our TEXANS are so damn generous this year they will give um what they want. BET on it!!!!

Gotta love a team that is so GIVING this time of year!!!:sarcasm:

She... Your team will be in there battle red on Sunday and playing the Jags 2nd stringers....8-8 might be there???

That would be nice Moo! I'll take 8-8 anyway I can get it, second stringers, third, kitties laying on their backs with their tails stuck up in the air, or humping all over a BULL'S leg, I DON'T care! lol 8-8 would be a nice way to end the year.:fans:

BTW: I can't believe I'm about to say this BUT, I'm SORTA hoping the Jags win our division. I'm SICK of the PM show, and no way in hell would I EVER pull for the Tennheads!!!! Best of luck to your team during the playoffs. I'll be pulling for them against the Steelers!!

Thanks, Jags are playing really good now. We'll see how they do in the playoff's? They could be one and done? I don't feel the Jags The Texan fans should not be upset about this season. Your team has turned it around. If the AFC South was not so tuff, you guys would have a better record. I think a 7-9/8-8 record in the AFC South this year shows the Texans are 3x's better than 2006.

That would be nice Moo! I'll take 8-8 anyway I can get it, second stringers, third, kitties laying on their backs with their tails stuck up in the air, or humping all over a BULL'S leg, I DON'T care! lol 8-8 would be a nice way to end the year.:fans:

BTW: I can't believe I'm about to say this BUT, I'm SORTA hoping the Jags win our division. I'm SICK of the PM show, and no way in hell would I EVER pull for the Tennheads!!!! Best of luck to your team during the playoffs. I'll be pulling for them against the Steelers!!

OK.. Here is my predicted score...Jags rest all their starters. Jags 17, Texans 24...Texans should be able to thrown on the Jags 2ndary. You guys get to .500 this season and have a 5-7 lead in Our series. Good Luck and please NO injuries.

Jags will be resting it's starters. You can have this one...we got the playoffs. Although, A big bowl of CREAM DA BEEF would be delicious :whip: ....Payback for the broom last year... The Sweep is coming???:bat: :bat: :bat:

I dont want to be CREAM DA BEEFED'.
And yes, I'll be pulling for the Jags as well in the playoffs. There's no way in hell will I cheer for the Colts or the Titans in the playoffs.

BTW, what's Roca's deal on the Jags board? Sheesh.

Ya know Mootini, we are resting most of our starters too, On IR.........

OUr 2nd, 3rd and 4th have stepped up this year in a big way. I'm proud of them.

Thanks for the kind words......It s hould be a good game.

And sure, we LOVE to dress up for you guys. It DOES seem to work.

Anybody have facts of how many times we bet the Jags wearing Battle Red. It might just be every time.

BTW, what's Roca's deal on the Jags board? Sheesh.
Apparently Roca doesn't have all his/her marbles and has no idea that game was designated Battle Red, a while ago.... Either that or its just diahrea of the keyboard.

Good win Texans... Here is to next season!!! 84...Texans are going to be a strong team next year...your time is coming.

Back