Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Other Team's Best Player...Coleman

V Man

Pumpkinhead
How much longer is this guy going to keep playing? He is just awful, I keep thinking he can't get any worse, but he proves me wrong every week. Play the rookie at FS, at least we can say that he is at least making rookie mistakes. Coleman has quit, and he is bringing the defense down.

How much of a hit on the cap will we take if we cut him during the offseason. Better yet supsend him for the rest of the season for play detrimental to the team.

I could not agree with you more.

The guy has lost it completely.

WRs get by him easily.

He offered no help on the Torry Holt TD.

He coughed up the ball, like a rookie would, and gave up a TD to the Rams.

Awful. Awful. Awful.

The d line played so well, and our LB crew did pretty good, too. But they couldn't overcome Coleman.

Coleman blew it in every way possible today. He was bad in the secondary, and when he had chances to win the game for us, he let is slip through his hands. 1 on the fumbled interception and 2 on the onside kick. He was literally GOOD FOR NOTHING today, and all season for that matter. He can't tackle, he can't cover, he can't do anything. This guy SUCKS!

And I wish we could let draft Slay, but some jerkface decided to give up our 2nd and 3rd picks to P "Bust"chanon. Way to go management. It was also a great idea to get rid of Foreman and Sharper too. Now, everyone can run all over us. :rolleyes: My Gawd we made some awful decisions...

Slay is a beast.

He will probably still be available for us.

NOBODY drafts TTU players. Only ONE guy got drafted last year, and it was an o linemen to the Colts (late, if I remember correctly).

Its a bi-product of their whole team and how they are viewed around the country. They are seen as a gimmick team, and I think Slay will be there if we want him.

phan1 said:
And I wish we could let draft Slay, but some jerkface decided to give up our 2nd and 3rd picks to P "Bust"chanon. Way to go management.

Um, I think we gave up the 2nd and 3rd round picks in last year's draft. We have an extra third in this years from the Chiefs for moving down in additional to our own picks.

I would love to see Coleman gone, or at least riding pine, in the near future.

We should have kept Marlon McCree, he was by far our best safety but never saw daylight as a starter. Another brilliant decision by our coaching staff. Slay would be awesome, we didn't give up our 2nd and 3rd picks from this years draft did we? I thought the PBuc trade was for last years picks.

I agree with you guys completely! I swear it looked like he WANTED to screw up! Maybe he wants out, or maybe inside locker room politics just wants Capers and Fangio out! Who knows!! I have a feeling somethings going on the WE, the lowly fan, will never know about.

I have inside info on Coleman. The guy has emotional/mental issues and was in rehab this past offseason for substance abuse. This is 2nd or 3rd hand info, so take it for what it's worth. But it would explain his lethargic play. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

Now how does he compare to the previous person at this position? I didn't think it could bet any worse than that? Wasn't there a guy by the name of Stevens or something back there at one time. Of course our rookies don't have enough game time to play the safety. You have to have playing time - but then if you never play, how can you get playing time. Sorry, its coaching and nothing else and I still believe Casserly is as big a victum as anyone in this debacle..............

Jerry said:
Um, I think we gave up the 2nd and 3rd round picks in last year's draft. We have an extra third in this years from the Chiefs for moving down in additional to our own picks.

You're right about the 2nd and 3rd round picks, but we got the extra 3rd in this year's draft by trading down with the Saints.

I can't see how in the world the turn around that Marcus did from last year. He played pretty decent defense last year, but is totally lost in the backfield this year. He has no clue as to how to cover a WR or how to tackle!

bobby 119C :brickwall

touttail said:
I can't see how in the world the turn around that Marcus did from last year. He played pretty decent defense last year, but is totally lost in the backfield this year. He has no clue as to how to cover a WR or how to tackle!

bobby 119C :brickwall

Simple! Its the coaching, the schemes, and how they are told they are told to play.................................

Jerry said:

I would love to see Coleman gone, or at least riding pine, in the near future.

Thanks for the correction.

So...who had a worse day.....Marcus Coleman or Jay Feely?

Coleman - Intercepted a 4th down pass and fumbled it away instead of knocking it down. Bungled an onside recovery attempt. Got abused by every receiver on the Rams. Seriously, I think Orlando Pace could beat him on a crossing route. Played 21 yards back on a 3rd and 18 in the 4th quarter. Provided no help over the top all day.

Feely - Missed a FG attempt to win the game for the Giants at the end of the 4th quarter. Missed a FG attempt to win the game for the Giants in OT. Missed a 2nd FG attempt to win the game for the Giants in OT. Watched Josh Brown kick a FG to win the game for the Seahawks.

Choice 3 would be George Custer. He at least didn't have to go back to the sideline and face his coach.

SheTexan said:
I agree with you guys completely! I swear it looked like he WANTED to screw up! Maybe he wants out, or maybe inside locker room politics just wants Capers and Fangio out! Who knows!! I have a feeling somethings going on the WE, the lowly fan, will never know about.

I think there is a lot going on.

texasguy346 said:
You're right about the 2nd and 3rd round picks, but we got the extra 3rd in this year's draft by trading down with the Saints.

Yeah and that steller extra 3rd only cost us DJ.

texasguy346 said:

Doh, you're right...still thinking about DJ...*sigh*

They would fire Casserly/Capers and cut Coleman tomorrow morning...start making ppl accountable for the on field play....its embarrasing

Dunta_23 said:
They would fire Casserly/Capers and cut Coleman tomorrow morning...start making ppl accountable for the on field play....its embarrasing
I agree, if this was to happen in any Corporation, some heads would roll. McNair needs to set an example and let the coaches and players know they cannot be paid millions and play like High School kids. Someone just has to be held accountable for such a terrible final 34 seconds. If McNair does not do something now, all the fans should turn their Season tickets in. Let it hit him in the pocketbook. I am just frustrated like all the die hard fans, just do something Mr. McNair, let us know you care about the team as much as we do.

I hate to pick on a small thing, but someone mentioned Foreman (as in Sharper & Foreman). Even with everything that's gone wrong, I still don't think letting Foreman go was a mistake. Sharper, yeah, but not Foreman. Let's not forget how terrible his coverage was last year. A LOT of us were screaming for Foreman to go, not as much as we want staff members gone now, but we were.

We should have kept Sharper, and Coleman needs to be "rested" for the remainder of the season. Play CC and Earl at safety.

Back