Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Other NFL fans are laughing at us.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I have been jumping around to other NFL boards and almost all of them have threads making fun of the Texans and this pick.

Hookem Horns said:
I have been jumping around to other NFL boards and almost all of them have threads making fun of the Texans and this pick.
As well they should... Sorry - I'm a Texans fan and season ticket holder since the very beginning - but this is the first time I am really disappointed in their blatant stupidity. Not a VY fan - but at least he would bring excitement to the games...

Really... darn. Guess I need to wait to find a team later this season when the playoff start so I can jump on.

Yep. We are a joke around the league right now. We took the 2nd BPA available when we had the top pick. Not maximizing value.

So... whats freakin new about this... they have been laughing at us for the last 4 years... Who cares.

I feel that with this pick the Texans have now proven themselves to be the Kansas City Royals of football.

Short-term finances always come first. Winning be damned. As long as McNair gets to sit in that taxpayer subsidized stadium and rake in the dough, we're screwed. We're destined to live out our lives as fans of Clippers-South.

Oh no, other teams fans are laughing at us. Who the hell cares. Just goes to show that it was always a popularity contest and not about the Texans.

Kaiser Toro said:
Oh no, other teams fans are laughing at us. Who the hell cares. Just goes to show that it was always a popularity contest and not about the Texans.

Except that this was a bad pick. Sometimes when everyone is laughing at you, they have reason.

mdw said:
I feel that with this pick the Texans have now proven themselves to be the Kansas City Royals of football.

Short-term finances always come first. Winning be damned. As long as McNair gets to sit in that taxpayer subsidized stadium and rake in the dought, we're screwed. We're destined to live out our lives as fans of Clippers-South.

Man yall ain't see NOTHING. Try being a Cardinals fan. I don't know how some people here in Arizona do it.

mdw said:
Except that this was a bad pick. Sometimes when everyone is laughing at you, they have reason.

Except that not a single damn down has been played. I wish all these babies would go get their diaper changed, try to look at the good parts for a change, and quit setting up their case of "I told you so" just in case they happen to be right. We all knew we would have a bunch of people bitching if this happened, and looks like it wasn't that difficult of a prediction.

ledzeppelin269 said:
Except that not a single damn down has been played. I wish all these babies would go get their diaper changed, try to look at the good parts for a change, and quit setting up their case of "I told you so" just in case they happen to be right. We all knew we would have a bunch of people bitching if this happened, and looks like it wasn't that difficult of a prediction.

Exactly. Too many glass half empty know-it-alls around here.

ledzeppelin269 said:

I'm basing this on a few things, A) Charlie Casserly's draft day record B) the fact that Mario Williams was underwhelming in all but 2 games last year and C) the fact hat -no one- had him as a #1 prospect until the combine.

Great, we got a stud workout machine.

In the end, we probably got a good nfl player. Except with the #1 pick in the draft you don't go for good.

mdw said:
I'm basing this on a few things, A) Charlie Casserly's draft day record B) the fact that Mario Williams was underwhelming in all but 2 games last year and C) the fact hat -no one- had him as a #1 prospect until the combine.

Great, we got a stud workout machine.

In the end, we probably got a good nfl player. Except with the #1 pick in the draft you don't go for good.

Things I'm hoping for, is that
1.) Casserly was nailed to a chair by his balls and kept out of arms reach of a phone.
2.) Kubiak feels good that he can get the pieces he needs after the first round.
3.) These guys jobs are resting on decisions like these, especially after such a poor season. Kubiak isn't going to screw around if he wants to keep a HCoaching job...so if they thought it was the best pick, I gotta go with them until proven otherwise.

As long as McNair gets to sit in that taxpayer subsidized stadium and rake in the dought, we're screwed.

Besides the obvious spelling error, this statement alone shows your knowledge of the Houston Texans organization. Mr. McNair paid 700 million dollars for the franchise rights to the Houston Texans. He followed this with what I believe 300 million more to build Reliant stadium. The rest of the stadium costs are paid by tourists that lease rental cars in Harris County. So Mr. Taxpayer, you haven't been out a penny unless like most of us here, and you've purchased a PSL, and season tickets. Regardless of anyone's opinion on this draft pick (And I must say I was disappointed myself), Mr. McNair is the man in charge, and with the money he's expended has every RIGHT to be. As a Texan fan, I'll support his decisions, and cheer for my team at every game. Until I make my first billion and then be able to purchase a team of my own, I'll live my NFL life vicariously through our present owner :)

Cheer for the team every game? yes. Support every decision? wtf?

heh, I went and checked my spelling of subsidized, didn't even see "dought"

Thus why we're dought'ing the sincerity of your posting <grin> Looks like a troll, smells like a troll...sign up date of April '06...go figure :)

Hookem Horns said:

Well at least there is one team that has no right to laugh, and that's the Bills they over-reached at #8 and then traded up to #26 and got who???

I dont care...they can laugh if the picks we made blow up in our face.

If that doesnt happen they wont be laughing when we are in the playoffs and Reggie Bush is wanting to get out of New Orleans then we pick him up in FA :spy:

Let them laugh at us all they want, when we turn our defense around from being ranked 31st to being a force and our offense improves with our FA acquisitions, OLine improvements, and the arrival of Kubiak then people will realize the plan for building a championship contender out of our team.

Noone is laughing now guys...That Mario pick MAY have been questionable..but none of the other picks the Texans made today are...

Good draft so far..real good.

Demeco Ryans and Eric Winston were huge picks...alot of mocks that I saw had these guys in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

If Mario turns out to be great, you guys might be on your way real soon...

Well all I know is that none of these guys front offices' thought whomever was worth 3000 points. Thats what I know for a fact. If their front offices were loaded with Einstiens, where were the offers for the number 1 ? There were none. Espn can spin it anyway they want to the bottom line was, their super star couldn't generate a three thousand point offer. That's all I need to know. They're still tring to recover from crowning USC the greatest football team...ever.
Kinda like Jim Rome locking Ryan Leaf as a better prospect than Payton Manning.
Texas made Espn look like a bunch of fools and they can't stand it. The NFL has picked and the USC guys slid. Get over it. Time to move on. Everyone ended up being where they deserved to be. Vince is in a good postion. Cutler and Lionhart are in good spots. Brick gets to be the toast of the Great White Way....Bush got what he deserved. I'm quite satisfied.

trublu said:
What if we took less than 3000pts worth and were still able to pick up Mario.

Teams weren't even willing to give up #2 point value to trade up to get him. The fact is, there was no market for Bush and therefore we would have chanced missing out on Mario if we would have moved at all. And if we would have taken less than 3000pts worth in trade, we would have been ripped by every "fan" and expert ripping us now, saying that we were raped in the trade.

We have had an amazing draft so far and have a good chance of picking up an good player tomorrow. Fans need to try to be a little more optimistic.

trublu said:
What if we took less than 3000pts worth and were still able to pick up Mario.
Well if "ifs and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all be happy at Christ's Mass.
And if your auntie had nutz......

Didn't happen, that's the draft. Time to move on.

Andre Johnson is on my friend's list on myspace. It is a legit site. It also happens to be the only one. He offered up his opinions on a post and I agree with him. I am just passing the message on. His site link is www.myspace.com/andrejohnson80

You should check it out if you can cuz he writes back to his fans and all that good stuff.

The 1st day of the 2006 NFL Draft is over. Here is what Houston did on Saturday.

1st overall Mario Williams DE North Carolina State 6'7" 294
33rd Overall Demeco Ryans OLB Alabama 6'1" 235
65th Overall Charles Spencer OT Pittsburgh 6'5" 351
66th Overall Eric Winston OT Miami (FL) 6'6" 311

I love these picks. Mario Williams will help get pressure on the QB, particulary Peyton Manning. That is the way to beat Manning. Ryans from Alabama will help us in the transition to the 3-4 Defense. The 1st 2 picks of round 3 went to lineman. Spencer is a great lineman I met him in college when Miami was in the Big East. Eric Winston, a fellow Hurricane is also joining the line. I thought he was going first round or early second. I thought he was going with the pick that Ryans was taken. Houston has 3 picks tomorrow and I will try and post again tomorrow. I welcome all of your inputs and opinions on Day 1.

Andre

FirstTexansFan said:
Besides the obvious spelling error, this statement alone shows your knowledge of the Houston Texans organization. Mr. McNair paid 700 million dollars for the franchise rights to the Houston Texans. He followed this with what I believe 300 million more to build Reliant stadium. The rest of the stadium costs are paid by tourists that lease rental cars in Harris County. So Mr. Taxpayer, you haven't been out a penny unless like most of us here, and you've purchased a PSL, and season tickets. Regardless of anyone's opinion on this draft pick (And I must say I was disappointed myself), Mr. McNair is the man in charge, and with the money he's expended has every RIGHT to be. As a Texan fan, I'll support his decisions, and cheer for my team at every game. Until I make my first billion and then be able to purchase a team of my own, I'll live my NFL life vicariously through our present owner :)

There has never, ever been a public accounting on that stadium, or any of the HSA stadiums. Be careful what you write. When your great, great, great grand childern read it they might just have to shake their heads. I figgure that is how long it will take to pay off the debt. And... I'm being very, very optimistic. We still don't know who's going to pay off the Dome. 65 million here, 65 million there, prety soon your talkin big money. And when you start multipling that by ten .....

Back