Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Opt’s Post SB Mock…..

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
1676493924345.png

I was able to trade Cooks to the Jets for WR- Denzel Mims / 2023 RD4-112 / 2024 RD4 / 2025 RD5. PFF accepted the trade, but did not reflect this on the Mock. The Jets still had their 112. Had that pick been on the board….I could’ve selected, DT- Gervon Dexter, Sr (Florida).

Texans offense would have the following Skill Position players:
RB- Robinson
RB- Tucker
RB- Vaughn

Add Pierce to this group and if Ryans desire is to run the ball…..run the ball they shall do. The (3) selected are all excellent receivers as well.

WR- Mims (Jets)
WR- Collins
WR- Hyatt
WR- Metchie

This would be a major upgrade in regards to speed and ability to take the top off defenses. Mims, Hyatt, and Metchie possess the speed and route running to slant across and making things happen after the catch.

TE- Kraft

I believe Kraft is a Kielce type of TE waiting to happen. It could take him a season to elevate himself to that level, but Aikens and “Q” would make up a nice group who would benefit from the new pieces at WR and threats in the backfield. The field could be open for the taking.

QB- Hooker

Suddenly the outlook isn’t looking so bad in regards to his recovery from injury. I still like the idea of the team signing Garoppolo which could happen now that they’ve decided the new offense will be the 49’ers version of the WCO. Garoppolo would be the perfect early starter that eventually turns the reins over to Hooker and then moves over to the mentor roll for both Hooker and Mims. It might be for a season or two, but the knowledge that he could hand over to Hooker and Mims regarding the new offense would be invaluable.

OL- Mauch
OG- Avila
OC- Michael-Schmitz

Easy picks at their slots if running the ball is a priority. All would be much needed answers for the interior of the OL or in Mauch’s case…..an answer at RT should Howard revert.

I really don’t think the defense needs as much personnel as it needed a far better scheme that features more attacking versus the bend but don’t break philosophy. So, some of my favorite targets aligned perfectly to give Ryans another round of solid draftees for his new defense.

DT- Smith
DE- Morris

LB- Campbell

SS- Skinner

The goal with this group…..provide help in stopping the run while taking away the middle of the field.

Again, this wouldn’t seem logical b/c of player rankings on their board and availability of trades. I made every attempt to keep trades in the 51-61% chance of acceptance. Still baffled as to how the 112th pick didn’t show up on the board after the trade with the Jets was accepted.

If you select Tunsil to trade…..you’ll cancel the efforts b/c the return value sucks.

Anyhow, I will continue to believe….the 2023 NFL Draft will be at it’s best between picks 25 and 135. This is where the Texans could butter their bread.

Back