Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Open dates for Texans training camp set (Tickets available 7/12)

barrett

All Pro
via AJ Burge

According to the official Twitter page of the Houston Texans [ @HoustonTexans ] six Texans training camp dates will be open to the public: 7/30, 7/31, 8/1, 8/2, 8/5 and 8/7. All are in the morning except for the August 5 practice which is at night.
As in past years, Tickets are free but unlike past years "you'll get tickets at HoustonTexans.com soon" according to the tweet.

I can't lie, I'm thinking about camping out for those first four back-to-back!

Damn. Was hoping they'd (the tickets) would be at Wachovia again. Was so easy to get tickets last year.

That sucks. I guess they probably couldnt find a sponsor like WingStop last year. Apparently Steve Slaton has stopped visiting them.

Maybe one day i will "be sick" and be able to check in on the morning practices.

I'm targeting the two Sunday dates as the ones I want to go to. I like watching football with pops and Sunday is the only day he's for sure off (Postal Service yay).

We tried to get there early enough for autographs last year and didn't wake up at 3am. Silly us.

I really miss the days where I could go see the Oilers in San Antonio for absolutely free at whatever day and whatever time they practiced. There was no need to go find a ticket at whatsoever location. You just showed up and as they walked out the locker room they would sign autographs, you watched practice, and then you could wait again for them to leave the field and they would sign autographs on the way back to the locker room.

Why do they even do tickets? Most teams you just show up, and I hate the autograph set up the Texans have while other teams sign coming off the field. /end rant

5am - 7am get ready as though it were game day with party supplies.

8am - 9:30am - get lost and curse at people driving on 610.

9:30am - ???

10am - profit

I'll bet that 9:30-10 was the most fun though! Usually blocks of time that I can't remember were the most fun... I'm told.

Damn. Was hoping they'd (the tickets) would be at Wachovia again. Was so easy to get tickets last year.

Maybe I'm missing something here but isn't it even easier if one can just sit down at their PC, go to the Texans website, and print up the tickets at ones printer ? Don't even have to leave the house, right ?

Maybe I'm missing something here but isn't it even easier if one can just sit down at their PC, go to the Texans website, and print up the tickets at ones printer ? Don't even have to leave the house, right ?

It's so easy that every fat turd who can't leave the couch to drive around can get one!

So to bump a 3 week old thread, has anything new come out about when TC tickets will be available?

5am - 7am get ready as though it were game day with party supplies.

8am - 9:30am - get lost and curse at people driving on 610.

9:30am - ???

10am - profit

Argh, I missed the Underpants Gnomes reference, genious! :)

rep rep rep

[edit] or not.. must spread... damnit! :)

Anyone know when the tickets will be available to print?
From the Houston Texans blog:

Tickets for 2010 Texans training camp practices will be available online on HoustonTexans.com beginning next Monday, July 12.
Here are the dates and times of the six practices open to the public:

• Friday, July 30 – 8:30–10:30 a.m.
  • Saturday, July 31 – 8:30–10:30 a.m.
  • Sunday, Aug. 1 – 8:30–10:30 a.m.
  • Monday, Aug. 2 – 8:30–10:30 a.m.
  • Thursday, Aug. 5 – 7:15–9:15 p.m. (only open night practice)
  • Saturday, Aug. 7 – 8:30–10:30 a.m.
Tickets have been distributed around the city of Houston at team retail partners in recent years, but they will only be available online this year. Admission to the open practices is free with a ticket, of which there will be a limited number available.
This should be fun. Everyone jamming the Texans website next Monday.

But it shore do level the playing field for those of us wanting tickets who
might be nowhere near Houston when they become available.
Do we even know how many tickets are available per person, or even how many practice sessions each individual may attend ? And are they available at 12:01 AM, on the 12th or 7:00 AM, or what ?
For a guy who says he wants his fans to have access to his teams summer TC and wants to be "fan-friendly", this McNair guy operates in a strange way ?

There shouldn't be too much of a "jamming" problem. I figgure if theTexanscan handle the gameday loads, they should be able to sparingly handle the miniscule practice crowds.

As an out-of-towner, I'm glad this method is being used this time around. Getting tickets last year was a little difficult and stressful for me.

There shouldn't be too much of a "jamming" problem. I figgure if theTexanscan handle the gameday loads, they should be able to sparingly handle the miniscule practice crowds.

As an out-of-towner, I'm glad this method is being used this time around. Getting tickets last year was a little difficult and stressful for me.

*Drives to a Wachovia bank* *Has to turn down all the tickets they try to stuff in my pants* *is stressed*

I'm kidding. I'm just afraid of all the neckbeards and cheetoh lovers who are going to get tickets and then not show up or try to sell them if they go fairly quickly.

I'm just afraid of all the neckbeards and cheetoh lovers who are going to get tickets and then not show up...
Not sure about the neckbeards or cheetoh lovers, but this also worries me. If you're willing to make an effort to stand in line at Foleys or drive to Wachovia, you're more likely to attend.

Training camp tickets update: Available Monday at 9 a.m.
By Nick Scurfield - Jul 9 2010, 4:46 PM RSS Topic: Team news

Earlier this week, we mentioned that Texans training camp tickets would be made available Monday on HoustonTexans.com. We've now confirmed that the time at which they'll be available Monday is 9 a.m.

There will be a limit of 10 tickets per practice per person. Tickets are free and on a first-come, first-serve basis, and they're only available on HoustonTexans.com. Check the HT.com homepage Monday morning for any further information.

The first of the six open training camp practices is the first day of training camp, July 30, at 8:30 a.m.

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/

ok just want to get everything straightened out. Do you have to be registered to get the tickets. Im a member on the forums so i hope that counts

I really miss the days where I could go see the Oilers in San Antonio for absolutely free at whatever day and whatever time they practiced. There was no need to go find a ticket at whatsoever location. You just showed up and as they walked out the locker room they would sign autographs, you watched practice, and then you could wait again for them to leave the field and they would sign autographs on the way back to the locker room.

I SOOOOO agree with ya El-T!! I detest the "ticket" thing we have to go through every year, PLUS, the long wait in line just to sit in the sun and bake! Our players have NEVER been known to be super friendly either at training camp. They are like puppets, doing whatever the Texans marketing dept tells them to do... BEFORE anyone jumps on my case, I KNOW there are some who defy protocol and make a special effort to engage the fans. (Kris Brown, Eric Winston, Owen Daniels, DUNTE when he was here, and a couple others. BUT, overall, they are a bunch of snobs. AGAIN, I'm not talking about during practice, they are there for a purpose and they have a job to do, and that job is NOT to entertain fans. BUT, after practice, a quick hand shake, an autograph for a kid, a simple high five, all would be nice. I know they are tired and wanna go home, but, fans pay their paycheck, and we have had a LONG off season sitting around anticipating seeing our"boys" for a little while. Face it people, our adrenaline rush is HUGE, and we just wanna know that our guys care! Damn, I''m sappy this morning!:cry2:;)

-NEW AUTOGRAPH POLICY. Each fan will have the opportunity to select a ping pong ball from a prize drum, subject to availability. The ping pong ball will indicate the specific prize won. Prizes will include a wristband to enter the player autograph line (100 wristbands per practice) or various Texans merchandise.

-1 item per person

-Player autographs will take place after practice

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone/2010TrainingCampActivities.asp

I have 5 each for every practice... Will not be going to them, as I don't find TC worth my time, but I thought to print some out for those of you who want to but cannot get them.. Funny thing is, they send you a link to print, but who is to say you can't print more than you ask for.. if that is the case, those with tickets still might be turned back, so...
If interested, PM me and let me know the dates you want, I will send them to you..

Its weird, ive got the ticket emailed to me, but have not printed them yet. Whats stopping me from making multiple copies of the same ticket??

I decided to only go to the Friday morning and Monday morning practices, the crowds are smaller and I get to see the lineman working out from the front line, not 8 people back.

I wish there was more open sessions.

I got tickets for the 31st and the 7th, since i'm taking summer classes and can't drive to Houston on a school day.

Hobie was kind enough to give me 2 tickets for Friday 7/30. I gave him rep, but I'd appreciate it if some of you guys could hit him up for me as well! What are the rules with regards to bringing water, etc.? I'm going to be bringing my daughter, she's a HUGE Andre Johnson fan, but she's 11 and I know she'll be whining about being hot. If anyone has any advice on the do's and don'ts of attending practices, I'd be much appreciated. Also, what time should you get there to get decent seats?

Not my first rodeo:fingergun:

Then you know Thursday nights are ridiculous. Sorry, but fighting the largest crowd of all the open practices to see the players run around in shorts and ball caps isn't worth it, IMO of course.

Hobie was kind enough to give me 2 tickets for Friday 7/30. I gave him rep, but I'd appreciate it if some of you guys could hit him up for me as well! What are the rules with regards to bringing water, etc.? I'm going to be bringing my daughter, she's a HUGE Andre Johnson fan, but she's 11 and I know she'll be whining about being hot. If anyone has any advice on the do's and don'ts of attending practices, I'd be much appreciated. Also, what time should you get there to get decent seats?

You'd probably want to show up 45 min to an hour before practice starts if you want seats in the bleachers. The big nasties go at it on the opposite field, so I usually stand on that side and work my way back to the endzone when they do team activities.

I got a "thank you" e-mail for registering, BUT, I never got the confirmation e-mail. I haven't been able to print any tickets yet. I'm not sure I like this process. Thought it would be easier, but, not sure now.

Back