Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

OL or RB

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I am not sure where we are right now in draft status but if we are still in the Top 5, I say OL Joe Thomas or Adrian Peterson.

Yesterdays game was a good indicator of what we need to do first to start winning bigger games. Dayne has been awesome but he has weight issues. I liked the look of our team as a running team. It has been a pretty good part of our season and I think if we build on that, we can start seeing some improvement in the passing game.

I like what the Jets did this year. They picked 4th overall and had a really awful offensive line and were considered a bottom feeder when the season started but selected two blue chip linemen in Mangold and Ferguson with the first two picks of their draft. They went with lesser backs and Pennington proved he could still make plays and now they are in the playoffs.

I think a lot will depend on how well Charles Spencer recovers from his injury. Spencer looked good while he was playing left tackle for us. And if the coaching staff thinks he can progress and become our franchise left tackle I don't see the Texans drafting Joe Thomas or any of the top tackles this year. I do see them drafting o-linesman later in the draft, but you can't solve all of our problems through one draft. As for running back I just don't see the Texans at this moment drafting a running back unless Adrian Peterson fall in our laps. It's been shown that you can draft running backs later in the draft and be successful. In the end I think we'll end up drafting a safety or a cornerback. Our secondary is horrible and I don't think Dunta Robinson is a no.1 cornerback. He has his moments but I think we still need a true no.1 corner to go with Dunta. Obviously getting a safety like LaRon Landry will go a long ways to solidifying our secondary.

I think a lot will depend on how well Charles Spencer recovers from his injury. Spencer looked good while he was playing left tackle for us. And if the coaching staff thinks he can progress and become our franchise left tackle I don't see the Texans drafting Joe Thomas or any of the top tackles this year. I do see them drafting o-linesman later in the draft, but you can't solve all of our problems through one draft. As for running back I just don't see the Texans at this moment drafting a running back unless Adrian Peterson fall in our laps. It's been shown that you can draft running backs later in the draft and be successful. In the end I think we'll end up drafting a safety or a cornerback. Our secondary is horrible and I don't think Dunta Robinson is a no.1 cornerback. He has his moments but I think we still need a true no.1 corner to go with Dunta. Obviously getting a safety like LaRon Landry will go a long ways to solidifying our secondary.

http://www.gbnreport.com/probowl.htm

You wanna ban me vinny fine...but I'm putting it up evey time I see the drivel.

ttp, that is some pretty impressive stat. I got no problem with the OL and I think Vinny made a pretty bold statement with the Jets comment. I wont go crazy over the OL but I wont be upset with it either though.

ttp, that is some pretty impressive stat. I got no problem with the OL and I think Vinny made a pretty bold statement with the Jets comment. I wont go crazy over the OL but I wont be upset with it either though.

Agreed, but I'm like the VY people were last year. Davis sitting at two. He owes us big time for Phillip Bucahnan deal. Round peg for a round hole. Not saing IT will happen. But I can ......Keep Hope Alive !!!! LOL:stirpot:

I didn't give up on Debrikashaw untill Mario inkked the deal last year. The two JRs. going back I think it is a true long shot that they take an LOT propspect in the first round. The others outside of JT are guys who need a couple of camps befor they are ready to lock and load for the NFL. JMHO.

just a tease vinny...

I know you do Vinny. You are turly a good sport for the abuse you take. And I was wrong to stirr you up. Just the vinegar nad meaness in me.

that's fine, but I get so many groundless accusations that this stuff just kind of gets on my nerves.

I like what the Jets did this year. They picked 4th overall and had a really awful offensive line and were considered a bottom feeder when the season started but selected two blue chip linemen in Mangold and Ferguson with the first two picks of their draft. They went with lesser backs and Pennington proved he could still make plays and now they are in the playoffs.
i was watching the draft when the NYJ made their picks of ferguson and mangold. jets fans, usually the originator of cat calls directed at the stage, applauded.

Back