Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Wild Card Round Playoff Game-Day Thread** Colts at Texans, Saturday Jan 5, 2019!!

Our offensive line didn't us any favors, not that I expected them to, but our defense was complete trash in the first half! Gotta hand it to the Colts, they have a good HC, an awesome/punishing/relentless offensive line. We, on the other hand, have garbage on both accounts, not to mention the pathetic group compiled of trash cans that we try to pass as corner backs.

It sucks when the season ends like this, but the Colts got off to such a hot start, it was hard to catch up.

And why on earth did the Texans defer the opening kickoff after winning the coin toss? That was a huge mistake. Get the ball and set the momentum!

It sucks when the season ends like this, but the Colts got off to such a hot start, it was hard to catch up.

And why on earth did the Texans defer the opening kickoff after winning the coin toss? That was a huge mistake. Get the ball and set the momentum!
Are you serious? Have you forgotten who our head coach, or should I say, WANNABE head coach is? That guy could f.uck up a cup of coffee.

Do you think we might've won with...

Brandon Weeden?

Sorry I couldn't resist

Man wanna say brees newton no contest but you might be right. I cant think of a better rivalry in division. No wonder parody rules

There is no rivalry with the Colts. You really believe that Watson has a chance to be better than Luck? Watson needs to stop signalling first down every time he runs when down by 21 points. Looks like idiot. He'll never be as good as the best in the league. But a good coach needs work with his talents and design the offense around that. The 4th and 1 was terrible. Should have been a run read. The colts couldn't have stopped it. There is no creativity offensively. Its frustrating to watch.

The Texans do not match up very well against the Colts; they were lucky to win the initial encounter this season. The Texans were outplayed & outcoached yesterday.

Again, I thought it was a huge mistake to defer the opening kickoff; Andrew Luck cast the die with the opening drive, seizing the momentum & taking away the home field advantage. O'Brien screwed up before the game even started!

Again, I thought it was a huge mistake to defer the opening kickoff; Andrew Luck cast the die with the opening drive, seizing the momentum & taking away the home field advantage. O'Brien screwed up before the game even started!

Damn near everyone defers now so I wouldn't necessarily call it a mistake. And how big of a statement does it make if you hold Luck to a 3 and out to start the game? It was freaking loud that 1st series and would have been louder the next, especially if the Texans would have gotten even just a FG. That's how you use home field advantage. Well, that and being a better football team, which they are not.

Reactions: JB
The Texans do not match up very well against the Colts; they were lucky to win the initial encounter this season. The Texans were outplayed & outcoached yesterday.

We had them that drive. First TY bobbled that ball and when he caught it, it was behind the sticks that’s a Challenge we missed.

If JJ doesn’t jump off sides that’s another stop that drive. Also that could’ve been a Delay of game.
After those two mistakes we practically begged the colts to score off mistakes.

the positive to defer tho is u can make halftime tweeks or plans for offensive during halftime cus u know your getting the ball

IDK luck is a vet I dont think nosie effects him has much has you think he prob loves it its obvs him and ty have no fear of playing in Houston

I think what killed us on offensive is we should of ran the ball more I dont care if we run into a brick wall 2 times or 3 times we had to keep them honest even run the ball more with Watson qb option plays

We had them that drive. First TY bobbled that ball and when he caught it, it was behind the sticks that’s a Challenge we missed.

If JJ doesn’t jump off sides that’s another stop that drive. Also that could’ve been a Delay of game.

also on one td they had matthew covering one of there big TE I forget who but matheiu stood no chance height wise we needed Lber on there TE

also on one td they had matthew covering one of there big TE I forget who but matheiu stood no chance height wise we needed Lber on there TE
That is also true.
They killed us with these elite pick plays when we ran man coverage. Pretty much they had a counter for everything we did defensively. Which comes down to gameplan. Ala coaches got out coached.

So many costly mistakes is a direct reflection of who? But guess what a few on here doesn't think so.

He's only 1 year into his fully guaranteed contract. He's going nowhere.

If they were seriously contemplating letting him go (not saying they were.) Why would they fully guarantee such a thing?

Seriously. After last season, what kind of negotiator walks away from the table giving BO'b a fully guaranteed contract & why can't I find such a cakewalk of a job?

"Dude, I don't really want to keep you. But the old man had a hard time letting go. Look, we'll guarantee your contract except if we suffer another embarrassing home playoff loss."

How hard is that?

If they were seriously contemplating letting him go (not saying they were.) Why would they fully guarantee such a thing?

Seriously. After last season, what kind of negotiator walks away from the table giving BO'b a fully guaranteed contract & why can't I find such a cakewalk of a job?

"Dude, I don't really want to keep you. But the old man had a hard time letting go. Look, we'll guarantee your contract except if we suffer another embarrassing home playoff loss."

How hard is that?

It's called the Texans way.

I just watched the game again. The Texans lost, not because of O'Brien, but because the Colts are a better team, and Andrew Luck is a better QB than Watson. Simple as that. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I think we lost because we couldn't get the offense going until it was too late. We couldn't get the defense going until it was too late.

Players failed, sure. Coaches didn't know what to do about it.

We'll never know. But I believe if we'd have played the way they played the Jags in the 4th the game would have been different.

If Griffin were a healthy scratch instead of Colvin, the game would have played out differently. Perhaps better.

I think it was a mistake to wait until the 4th qtr of week 17 to start playing that way. That style of play that our QB is more comfortable playing. That style that helps a weak offensive line. That style that helps young inexperienced WRs & TEs.

But that's just me.

Coaching? Or Indy a better team?

How about all the dragging ass at the end, finally getting momentum and still huddling up .. wasting time. That was real cute too I liked that a whole bunch. Damn Watson it's all his fault I'm sure OBrien was telling them to hurry .

I can't get over 65 f'n sacks this season. Finally have a QB and then do next to nothing to address the offensive line.

Well, it was addressed, but apparently your GM is poor at talent evaluation.

He signed 3 free agent OL, did he not? And spent a 3rd rounder (his second best pick) on another OL. How is that considered not addressing the OL?

Addressing position groupings isn't what you want. You want a GM that doesn't suck.

Well, it was addressed, but apparently your GM is poor at talent evaluation.

He signed 3 free agent OL, did he not? And spent a 3rd rounder (his second best pick) on another OL. How is that considered not addressing the OL?

Addressing position groupings isn't what you want. You want a GM that doesn't suck.

Or our coaches can't coach.

What tore my gut was going for that 4th and 1 with that ridiculous empty backfield formation. When the opponent called timeout to adjust the defense, we didn't correspondingly change the formation.
But.... they know that we know that they know that they know that we know that they know what we were going to do so the best thing as you know and I know you know that OB knows that we know that he knows that if they know that they know the best thing to change is nothing.. .... then they know that we know that they know.

Its genius wrapped in insanity

Or our coaches can't coach.

Then how are you ever going to address any area of weakness, much less the offensive line? How has O'Brien had a winning record 4/5 years, with the one losing season the one where he happened to have a historic level of injuries to deal with, if he's such a bad coach?

You all need to ask yourself how and why your new GM whiffed on so many draft picks and free agents in his first offseason. These weak areas you point out have been "addressed".....they just weren't addressed well, at all, by the GM.

Then how are you ever going to address any area of weakness, much less the offensive line? How has O'Brien had a winning record 4/5 years, with the one losing season the one where he happened to have a historic level of injuries to deal with, if he's such a bad coach?

You all need to ask yourself how and why your new GM whiffed on so many draft picks and free agents in his first offseason. These weak areas you point out have been "addressed".....they just weren't addressed well, at all, by the GM.

Or your coach can't coach.

You don't normally count on 3rd rounders starting and doing great in year one... a little early to judge them but they all were good picks and Reid and Coutee were great ones..

Free agents are iffy... cheaper backups that showed promise. Henderson was injured early and that changed the whole plan for the OL. Mathieu was a great signing. Fulton was a solid signing imo. Jury is out on Kelemente.

If you are in any way insinuating that Deshaun Watson is a better quarterback than Andrew Luck and Bill O'Brien is a better coach than Frank Reich, than you are the one telling yourself things to make yourself sleep at night.

Of course Frank is the better coach, he made a 5 year, supposedly guru look like ****. Bill Obrien again let this damn team down with ill prepared offensive game plan. His entire team was not prepared to play this damn game. Him and this team has a track record of that bullcrap.

The reason why Luck looked better than Watson was because Frank had a solid game plan. He actually done his homework on the Texans and exploited the **** out of it. He set his QB and team up for success. They knew the Texans defense struggles with crossing routes. They also understands TY has our number.

Bill on the other hand could not even get his best reciever open. Hopkins has always had a great game against that damn team. Dude didn't set Watson up for success.

Luck is the better QB right now, but Watson has the potential to be as good or better. The disparity won't be like Manning/Schaub. Thankfully. It may end up being the best QB rivalry in the league. Russel Wilson and Mahomes don't have challengers matching their abilities. The closest I can think of right now is Brees/Newton.

Rivers is pretty damn good.

Back