Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

***Official Predictions/Eat Crow thread***

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
:ok:

1 injury riddled season after 5 straight playoff births, 4 NFCCGs, and 1 SB, and suddenly everyone WANTS to play the Eagles and their all-pro QB and dominating defense...

Sure buddy - whatever will get you to sunday.

I know how it is JB. The Texans had an "injury-riddled" season too last year.

Battle Red Bull said:
I know how it is JB. The Texans had an "injury-riddled" season too last year.

Nothing even close to ours. Was Carr out for the season? Was a couple of your starting offensive lineman out last year? Oh wait..............

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flylikeaneagle said:
Nothing even close to ours. Was Carr out for the season? Was a couple of your starting offensive lineman out last year? Oh wait..............
QUOTE]

Does mentally out for the season count?:shoot:

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
:ok:

1 injury riddled season after 5 straight playoff births, 4 NFCCGs, and 1 SB, and suddenly everyone WANTS to play the Eagles and their all-pro QB and dominating defense...

Sure buddy - whatever will get you to sunday.
Hope you enjoyed it ... I mean did you really take the time and smell the roses or did you just think it would last forever . You have let Dallas and NY pass you up .

Is it called defection when a team from another state visits and refuses to go back ?

Honoring Earl 34 said:
Hope you enjoyed it ... I mean did you really take the time and smell the roses or did you just think it would last forever . You have let Dallas and NY pass you up .QUOTE]

Dallas? :yawn:

"ZOMG THEY GOT TAREL OWENZ!!!!!11!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!"

What really, do they have?

An old QB that can't move. No replacement in sight.

2 old WRs, with no replacements, 1 of which is the biggest cancer in the history of the sport.

An OL that rivals the Texans in ineptitude.

They have a good defense, and that's it.

The Giants are a good team, and will give us a run for our money, but they have some serious flaws as well. Terrible DBs, no DTs, completely over rated LBs, poor LT play, etc.

Philly is still the best team in the NFCE.

And yes, their success will last a long time - like I said, untill Banner, Heckert, and Reid leave.

As long as we have those 3 guys, we'll be a force.

Philly is still the best team in the NFCE.

And yes, their success will last a long time - like I said, untill Banner, Heckert, and Reid leave.

As long as we have those 3 guys, we'll be a force.

Well if ol Andy keeps choking down them burgers and shakes, it might not be that long.:sumo:

Just messing with ya.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
Honoring Earl 34 said:
Hope you enjoyed it ... I mean did you really take the time and smell the roses or did you just think it would last forever . You have let Dallas and NY pass you up .QUOTE]

Dallas? :yawn:

"ZOMG THEY GOT TAREL OWENZ!!!!!11!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!"

:yikes: Yeah and TO's already told Parcells ya'lls playbook . You know hernia to the left , hernia to the right .

SONG!!

Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory
Fight Eagles Fight
Score a touchdown 1 2 3
Hit 'em low
Hit 'em high
And watch our Eagles fly
Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory!!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/B]

EaglesFanPhila said:
SONG!!

Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory
Fight Eagles Fight
Score a touchdown 1 2 3
Hit 'em low
Hit 'em high
And watch our Eagles fly
Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory!!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/B]
Hey ya'll should come down for the game ... I hear Elton John's gonna sing Philadalphia Freedom at half time . I think he represents ya'll well .

"I love the smell of grilled eagle in the morning. It smells like victory. "

Kaiser, THAT is phenomenol! (SP) Okay, so I can't spell, but I do love "grilled" eagle!!!!

:yikes: Yeah and TO's already told Parcells ya'lls playbook . You know hernia to the left , hernia to the right .

If you really think we are running the same plays, with 2 new starting WRs, a new starting center, a new FB, and a new LG (since he was suspended) you don't know much about Reid.

We litterally changed our whole offense in 2004 to suit Owens and keep his mouth shut.

Now that he's gone, we'll go back to the 2003 version, which if you look scored just as many points without Owens, and was one of the best RUSHING teams in the NFL.

Eagles by 7. The rest of the talking heads agreed on 610.

Talking heads are crazy.... do not listen to them. Sunday is coming up fast and let's have a great time. Hope everyone has a safe weekend. See y'all at the game!!!!!

Widening the gap from my last pick:

Eagles win! 27-10

Eagles take some of the starters out towards the end of the 4th quarter and the Texans score a TD on that.

flylikeaneagle said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no but we had a coaching staff that was out for the season

20-17 texans.

if we lose, eh, philly is a good team. that's what u philly fans should worry about, if you win, well, it was a better team beating the former last place team. if you lose....heh. well if you lose, you just lost to the team that the media thinks is dirt. which makes you....

lower than dirt. so if we lose, no harm no foul, texans imo are just not on the eagles' level yet. we have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

GO TEXANS!

I'm just going to say this so you guys aren't too dissapointed after you lose on Sunday:

The Texans have no chance in this game. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

It won't even be a competative game. The Eagles will win by at least 13+ points, and the score won't even reflect the butt kicking the Texans will have recieved. The Eagles have the advantage in every aspect of the game, from STs, to line play, to QBing, to WRs vs DBs.

Have fun, but don't get your hopes up for a win, cause it aint gunna happen.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
I'm just going to say this so you guys aren't too dissapointed after you lose on Sunday:

It won't even be a competative game. The Eagles will win by at least 13+ points, and the score won't even reflect the butt kicking the Texans will have recieved. The Eagles have the advantage in every aspect of the game, from STs, to line play, to QBing, to WRs vs DBs.

How can you say we have no chance remeber any giving sunday. Plus i don't think your WR's are better then our WR's I think ours blows your out of the water, and how do you know that you have better players this is a whole new year with alot of different players.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

Thank you Dionne Warwick, and kindly take your crystal ball and stick it where the sun does not shine!

:fortune:
:cowboy1:

TFL said:
How can you say we have no chance remeber any giving sunday. Plus i don't think your WR's are better then our WR's I think ours blows your out of the water, and how do you know that you have better players this is a whole new year with alot of different players.

It's called talking ***** son.

1st, our WRs are just as god as yours. Moulds is completely over rated on this board. The guy just isn't the same player he once was.

DS and Brown > AJ and Moulds - even though AJ is the best player of the 4.

Besides, do our WRs lineup against your WRs? No, they go against your DBs, and we OWN that matchup, just like our DBs OWN the matchup against your recievers.

The Texans are guna get KILLED come sunday. It's gunna be ugly. Carr is going to need a stretcher before the first half. That patheti OL is going to get him killed.

axman40 said:
Thank you Dionne Warwick, and kindly take your crystal ball and stick it where the sun does not shine!

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Ignorance is bliss, particularly if you are a Texans fan. Hey, at least Carr will have a ton of time to study the new offense after he ends up on IR. That way, some other lame excuse for a QB ca get killed for the next 15 games.

BTW, Brady Quinn would probably be a good choice with the first pick in the draft next year. He's way better then Carr.

Wolf said:
does moulds have to be? all he has to do is compliment AJ

He has to be if you want to claim your WRs are better then ours. We have 2 reay good ones.

You have 1 great one and one who's mediocre.

Wow, I really cant wait for the weekend....victory parties on saturday AND sunday night sounds prett good...

Go Texans
Hook 'em Horns

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
He has to be if you want to claim your WRs are better then ours. We have 2 reay good ones.

You have 1 great one and one who's mediocre.

I can't argue, being I dont' see much of Brown and Stallworth.. but i expect Stallworth to be "limited" due to inexperience with the playbook (at least I hope)

but compared to our DB..Drob should neutralize one of your receivers

Wolf said:
I can't argue, being I dont' see much of Brown and Stallworth.. but i expect Stallworth to be "limited" due to inexperience with the playbook (at least I hope)

but compared to our DB..Drob should neutralize one of your receivers

Dunta's a good player. He'll be able to negate one of them for the most part.

The problem is because of how we use LJ and Westbrook, the other CB is going to be left on an island (otherwise you are singling up on Smith and Westbrook, and they will simply burn you if you do that). That's a huge missmatch in our favor.

BTW, DS will be starting, and he'l get a lot of PT. We may have just picked him up, but he's played in the WCO before, knows most of the terminology, and is playing the X WR position, which uses limited pass routes any way. He'll run a bunch of fly patters, deep posts/outs etc, and probably have a WR screen or two thrown his way.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

1st, our WRs are just as god as yours. Moulds is completely over rated on this board. The guy just isn't the same player he once was.

Besides, do our WRs lineup against your WRs? No, they go against your DBs, and we OWN that matchup, just like our DBs OWN the matchup against your recievers.

The Texans are guna get KILLED come sunday. It's gunna be ugly. Carr is going to need a stretcher before the first half. That patheti OL is going to get him killed.

I know what **** talking is, but you are not doing a good job at it. Let's see if you will be here after the game to eat your crow. If we lose I will eat crow, but I don't think the same can be said for you I don't think your WR's really scare are DB's. You got a guy that is really fast in Donte, but he has not been there for that long so i don't think he will be that big of a force for this game, and his hands are not the best, and i think we can handle Reggie Brown, and I also think that Westbrook will be held. Your DB's are good, but Moulds looks like he still has some gas in the tank, and Andre can dominate if giving the opportunity (no dump off passes)
The OL has some knew faces to it and our Coaching staff is a hell of alot better then it was last year. This is not the same team as last year I don't think we will get blown out I think it will be a close game, but I do not count us out of this game.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

Wow! I see someone who may be crying on Sunday.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

Ignorance is bliss, particularly if you are a Texans fan. Hey, at least Carr will have a ton of time to study the new offense after he ends up on IR. That way, some other lame excuse for a QB ca get killed for the next 15 games.

My prediction....If Houston wins, we won't see you post here again.

Bye-Bye.

Houston 23 Philly 20

:brickwall
Titan "Tack" Fan said:
Since when did the Texans get 14 points better than the Eagles? A new coach and Mario Williams? I think not.

why don't you thumbtacks worry about your rookie QB's interceptions and passes batted down for lousy throwing motion. I would think would keep you up nights knowing your idiot owner wants Vince to start this Sunday and every Sunday after:crutch:

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

BTW, Brady Quinn would probably be a good choice with the first pick in the draft next year. He's way better then Carr.

is that who Eagles drafting after they get #1 pick in 2007...boy what till I tell my friends. Eagles taking Brady Quinn with #1 pick:yahoo:

Hey, it's a scary place to come play us. We have beat teams over the years that should have swamped us. That only means that our guys are the best and have just never had the coach to get them there.

So, all I have to say to anyone looking to think those Eaglets are going to beat us, I hope you have brought your triple A game, cuz you are coming to our home. I'm not sure what we should call it yet, but as we bury you all, as you come, we will come up with a name. Get ready! You are now meeting with the HOUSTON TEXANS!!!!!!!:cowboy1:

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

S-P-E-L-L-C-H-E-C-K-E-R:rolleyes:

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

You know you sound just like the Dallas Cowboys fans in 2002, they said same $H-T, talked all arrogant and obnoxious just like you are. Funny thing is some of them have finally come out of witness relocation, so guess is your turn to go into hiding with Feds. Don't woirry Feds got ESPN so you can watch the replays of this game over and over until your little backside puckers from watching what happened to your Eagles (an Eagle if you do not know is referred to a scavenger of dead animals..it will not attack live animals out of FEAR) BTW here is what is said of an Eagle's cry....Eagles normally squeak and have a shrill cry, punctuated by grunts. They do not make the "eagle scream" as often shown on television. What many recognize as the call of this species is actually the call of a Red-tailed hawk dubbed into the film.:tease:

Jerome_Brown_99 said:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h72uggsRVxU
Nice video JB!

:play:

TFL said:
If we lose I will eat crow, but I don't think the same can be said for you I don't think your WR's really scare are DB's. You got a guy that is really fast in Donte, but he has not been there for that long so i don't think he will be that big of a force for this game, and his hands are not the best, and i think we can handle Reggie Brown, and I also think that Westbrook will be held. Your DB's are good, but Moulds looks like he still has some gas in the tank, and Andre can dominate if giving the opportunity (no dump off passes)
The OL has some knew faces to it and our Coaching staff is a hell of alot better then it was last year. This is not the same team as last year I don't think we will get blown out I think it will be a close game, but I do not count us out of this game.

I was the person that started this thread. I'm watching the game at a friends house with some other buddies of mine, so don't expect me to be on here as soon as it ends. That said, I'll be here sunday night to gloat about how badly we beat you.

As I said already, Donte' already has played in the West Coast Offense. He already knows the terminology - the problems come from guy who've never been in it before. He also plays the very simple X reciever position, which only requires him to run about a half dozen routes.

Put it this way, the day he came here he siad he already knew 60% of the play book, he's been working with McNabb long after practice every day to get the timing down, he has an abreviated playbook to learn for this game according to Reid, and he has already been named the starter for Sunday. He's ready to go. Discount him at your own risk. And BTW, I really don't think that AJ is THAT much better then Donte'. He's bigger and has better hands. Donte is faster, quicker, and is better after the catch. And Brown is way better then Moulds at this point.

Plus I just love how you just assume your pathetic excuse for a #2 CB is just going to "handle" Reggie Brown when the likes of Sean Springs couldn't handle him - and that was with McMahon throwing the rock.

And Westy? Please. There is only 1 guy on your team that can cover him, and his name is Dunta Robinson. Basically, unless you have a cloaning machine, your going to get lit up in the passing game.

Again, please excuse me if AJ doesn't scare me at all. We dominated Randy Moss with Culpepper lobbing him the ball, and TO with a pro-bowl Garcia. Carr to AJ is a walk in the park compared to other guys we have shut down.

You have no chance in this game, the Texans are simply over matched in every facet of the game.

BigDTexansFan said:
You know you sound just like the Dallas Cowboys fans in 2002, they said same $H-T, talked all arrogant and obnoxious just like you are. Funny thing is some of them have finally come out of witness relocation, so guess is your turn to go into hiding with Feds. Don't woirry Feds got ESPN so you can watch the replays of this game over and over until your little backside puckers from watching what happened to your Eagles (an Eagle if you do not know is referred to a scavenger of dead animals..it will not attack live animals out of FEAR) BTW here is what is said of an Eagle's cry....Eagles normally squeak and have a shrill cry, punctuated by grunts. They do not make the "eagle scream" as often shown on television. What many recognize as the call of this species is actually the call of a Red-tailed hawk dubbed into the film.:tease:

What in the flying F does some TLC BS and a crappy Cowgirls team have to o with this game?

Dmac is gunna light up that poor excuse for a defense. Our D line is going to have a field day pulverizing poor wittle David Carr. Hell, you might as well not even start the guy if you want him in the league long term, because that craptastic Oline of yours is going to get him killed.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
What in the flying F does some TLC BS and a crappy Cowgirls team have to o with this game?

Dmac is gunna light up that poor excuse for a defense. Our D line is going to have a field day pulverizing poor wittle David Carr. Hell, you might as well not even start the guy if you want him in the league long term, because that craptastic Oline of yours is going to get him killed.

You really think their O-line is going to be bad? I doubt it. They changed up their O-line with Kubiak's thinking. Flanagan is also on the team now and he is a great player. The style of O-line they have now is that they go after the first defensive player that breaks into the zone and that shuts it down. Kube knows what he is doing. We will get some sacks in but Carr will not be a jive bag as much as he was in the previous years.

flylikeaneagle said:
You really think their O-line is going to be bad? I doubt it. They changed up their O-line with Kubiak's thinking. Flanagan is also on the team now and he is a great player. The style of O-line they have now is that they go after the first defensive player that breaks into the zone and that shuts it down. Kube knows what he is doing. We will get some sacks in but Carr will not be a jive bag as much as he was in the previous years.

Rookie at LT against Howard. Not a single player at the same position as last year. Low talent to begin with.

The OL requires more time then any other unit to develope chemistry. 10 games from now they may be fine, but tomorow Kearse, Howard, Cole, Walker, Patterson, Bunkley, and the rest of the boys are gunna have a field day.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
I was the person that started this thread. I'm watching the game at a friends house with some other buddies of mine, so don't expect me to be on here as soon as it ends. That said, I'll be here sunday night to gloat about how badly we beat you.

As I said already, Donte' already has played in the West Coast Offense. He already knows the terminology - the problems come from guy who've never been in it before. He also plays the very simple X reciever position, which only requires him to run about a half dozen routes.

Put it this way, the day he came here he siad he already knew 60% of the play book, he's been working with McNabb long after practice every day to get the timing down, he has an abreviated playbook to learn for this game according to Reid, and he has already been named the starter for Sunday. He's ready to go. Discount him at your own risk. And BTW, I really don't think that AJ is THAT much better then Donte'. He's bigger and has better hands. Donte is faster, quicker, and is better after the catch. And Brown is way better then Moulds at this point.

Plus I just love how you just assume your pathetic excuse for a #2 CB is just going to "handle" Reggie Brown when the likes of Sean Springs couldn't handle him - and that was with McMahon throwing the rock.

And Westy? Please. There is only 1 guy on your team that can cover him, and his name is Dunta Robinson. Basically, unless you have a cloaning machine, your going to get lit up in the passing game.

Again, please excuse me if AJ doesn't scare me at all. We dominated Randy Moss with Culpepper lobbing him the ball, and TO with a pro-bowl Garcia. Carr to AJ is a walk in the park compared to other guys we have shut down.

You have no chance in this game, the Texans are simply over matched in every facet of the game.

A couple weeks with a QB does not mean he has the time down, and you also have to think along with the QB like if a QB is getting pressured and scrambles out to the left or the right he has to know where the location of the ball will be thrown how hard he will throw it. Our D will be better just cuase the coaching is a heck of alot better our D will apply more force to their QB becuase our Defense coach likes to blitz making it easier when the d gets to the QB. You can not say Brown is better then Moulds everybody in the whole NFL if they had a choice out of Moulds and Brown for one season they would choose the older wiser vet who still has the abilty to make the D worry.

Also I am 1000 % sure you will be here if you win, but if you lose i would be surprised if you came by even once, and if you did you would probably only say we got lucky it would never happen again, but if yall do win I will be here congrating you on your win and I would eat my crow. Overall I would not be hurt if we lose cuase infact you do have a good team(don't know about super bowl team as some people are talking), but you would be hurt cuase you lost to the so called stinking Texans.

TFL said:
A couple weeks with a QB does not mean he has the time down, and you also have to think along with the QB like if a QB is getting pressured and scrambles out to the left or the right he has to know where the location of the ball will be thrown how hard he will throw it.

Considering he types of passes Donte will recieve as th X WR, it really ISN'T a big deal. He's not the guy running slants. He runs fly patterns and deep posts about 70% of the time. That's all about the QB just letting the WR run uner the ball.

Our D will be better just cuase the coaching is a heck of alot better our D will apply more force to their QB becuase our Defense coach likes to blitz making it easier when the d gets to the QB.

Your D is starting HOW MANY ROOKIES? Long term they might be better, but it's still a young, inexperienced unit with gaping holes in the secondary.

You can not say Brown is better then Moulds everybody in the whole NFL if they had a choice out of Moulds and Brown for one season they would choose the older wiser vet who still has the abilty to make the D worry.

Can't say I agree with you. I'll take Brown, who is FAR more athletic and explosive, and PROVED last year he can be the go to WR over the aging, washed up Moulds who can only be a secondary option and has no big play abillity left.

Also I am 1000 % sure you will be here if you win, but if you lose i would be surprised if you came by even once, and if you did you would probably only say we got lucky it would never happen again, but if yall do win I will be here congrating you on your win and I would eat my crow.

I'll be here win or lose. That said, we will not lose, so you can always keep claiming I wouldn't have shown up had we lost.

get ready Houston fans for another losing season under head coach Mike Sherman. It's so sad that the NFL wasted an expansion on Houston. But go ahead and contribute to those losers by spending a couple hundred dollars apiece on Sunday walking for an hour to the RELIANT FIASCO just to get humiliated again.

Back