Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official NFL Combine Invitation List

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Is here.

Jordan Shipley won't attend, as he was granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. I find it difficult to believe that the NFL scouts feel Stephen McGee is more combine worthy than Chase Clements. I'm also surprised that Conference USA's DPOY, UH DE Phillip Hunt, didn't warrant an up close inspection.

I find it difficult to believe that the NFL scouts feel Stephen McGee is more combine worthy than Chase Clements.

I agree that Clement should definitely get a shot at the combine but the thing with McGee is he has pretty good athleticism and a decent arm. Sadly, Fran destroyed him. The question is whether or not pro coaching can fix him.

Is here.

I find it difficult to believe that the NFL scouts feel Stephen McGee is more combine worthy than Chase Clements.

McGee also has Mike Sherman as a coach with connections. McGee may surprise some people if he's prepared for the combine. I do agree that Chase deserves to be there to.

If Orakpo wants to cement his top five status he'll show up.

I don't believe we'll take a WR, but Austin Collie looks a lot like "Easy" Ed McCaffrey to me.

I agree that Clement should definitely get a shot at the combine but the thing with McGee is he has pretty good athleticism and a decent arm. Sadly, Fran destroyed him. The question is whether or not pro coaching can fix him.

With idea of trading Sage while he has value, I could see us using a late pick on him. We did with the kid from Washington....could not find the stir the pot smiley.

I don't believe we'll take a WR, but Austin Collie looks a lot like "Easy" Ed McCaffrey to me.

He is a solid slot WR, but I think the Texans will look for someone to replace JJ, his fumbles are just too much to handle. I don't think it is a need, but if someone is there who the Texans are high on as a return threat and can add to the WR core I wouldn't be shocked if we went WR in the middle rounds. JJ's days as a Texan are numbered IMO. Probably not this season, but if he doesn't stop fumbling punts he is done, turnovers have killed us in too many games.

With idea of trading Sage while he has value, I could see us using a late pick on him. We did with the kid from Washington....could not find the stir the pot smiley.

I think Sage has more value to us than a late round pick at this point. I was for the trade for the 3rd rounder last year, but at this point it's not worth the risk of losing him and only getting a 6th/7th.

I think Sage has more value to us than a late round pick at this point. I was for the trade for the 3rd rounder last year, but at this point it's not worth the risk of losing him and only getting a 6th/7th.

i just don't trust him after the Indy game. besides i actually like some of the late round QBs this year. for example Cullen Harper, Graham Harrell, Curtis Painter and Rhett Bomar would be fine additions in my opinion.

i just don't trust him after the Indy game. besides i actually like some of the late round QBs this year. for example Cullen Harper, Graham Harrell, Curtis Painter and Rhett Bomar would be fine additions in my opinion.

I don't consider Schaub to be injury prone, but with his history, I would rather have Sage behind him than some late round rookie.

I don't consider Schaub to be injury prone, but with his history, I would rather have Sage behind him than some late round rookie.

me too but after this year he would be an unrestricted free agent. what would the chances he comes back after that year when he could look at a starting job somewhere else. personally i'd like to see him traded at the draft and risk the injury. keep Nall as the first back up with Harper (my preferred pick of those named above) as a #3 and Brink as insurance on PS.

Back