Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Panthers, Wednesday August 9, 2017!!

I've seen enough. I've been pro savage from the start but he's locking in on receivers and taking way too long to get rid of the ball.

I was worried about Watkins but he's already showing good recognition and his ability to buy time is special which will really help adjustment to the NFL. I hope he continues to play here in the second half. Get him as many reps as possible

Who is this Watkins you speak of?

Shame for weeden. Would like to see 2 series's'es'z next game.

wassup with Ervin? Did he get hurt and I missed it? Or is he just not being considered and a rotational running back anymore?

So holding the blue review box doesnt make them any faster or more accurate on reviews. Seems kinda stupid.

Hell of a throw by Weeden.
Two years ago, in September of 2015, Jerry Jones praised Brandon Weeden, calling him a gifted passer and saying that his throws are a "thing of beauty." I wonder what he would say about Deshaun Watson? I think Watson will be a better pro quarterback than Dak Prescott.

Although Dak had the best offensive line in the NFL as a rookie. Along with the NFL's leading rusher, a future Hall of Famer at tight end and a top 5 wide receiver in the game. Deshaun Wataon doesn't quite have all that firepower on offense. He will have a top 5 wide receiver in the game once he plays with the first team offense.

Deshaun Watson to Nuk Hopkins! #ClemsonToClemson

This game pointed out 2 things: Fairbairn is our kicker. Robert Nelson has no place on the roster.

Just go ahead and say it. JUST SAY IT!!!!!!!
Deshaun Watson will be our Week 1 starter.
I want to agree but just can't. Watson stares down his primary receiver, and if he's not open his second option is to tuck the ball and run (rather than the usual 2nd option of finding another receiver.) When the coaches howl at him for running the ball, all they're doing is taking away his 2nd option. Weeden is our backup QB. Watson should be traded.

Did he really stare down his receivers or got the ball out quickly like he should?

Did we even see Savage look off his receivers or did he do the same exact thing Watson did, get the ball out quickly?.

Watson should be traded.
You gonna be OK out there alone?

1.jpg

I want to agree but just can't. Watson stares down his primary receiver, and if he's not open his second option is to tuck the ball and run (rather than the usual 2nd option of finding another receiver.) When the coaches howl at him for running the ball, all they're doing is taking away his 2nd option. Weeden is our backup QB. Watson should be traded.

Is this a joke??

Fairbairn is our kicker.

This is why you should not watch games on meth.

You either didn't watch or are blind.

Savage, if still #1 on the depth chart, will start and play the lion's share of PS game 3.
Isn't that where the starters play the most?
That's why I picked PS game 2 for Watson to get some 1st team reps.

Your man-love of Weeden has made you quite mad.

Why am I not surprised?

Oh yeah... I considered the source of the post to understand the post

Watson had plenty of time on first drive.
Jittery bug easily shaken off by the sunshiners.
But if one is to keep scoring card, the first drive nets a negative on Watson.

2nd qtr about 4 min to go in the 2nd.
Missed an easy read on the left side as somebody on the forum already indicated.
Ended up throwing the ball away on 2nd and 10.

Missed another easy read on third down, pull up and run for positive yardage anyway.
Penalty called back.
Easy throw to keep advancing the ball.

2nd down.
Defender fell down, but Watson was not quite prepared to throw as pressure arrived. Ended up throwing the ball away. Could have let that ball go and give his receiver a chance.
Didn't make a bad mistake, but missed a chance to make a play.

Not sure about the third down play.
Need to look at it again

FG to trail 10-17.

Back