Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Chiefs at Texans, Sunday Oct 8, 2017!!

TejasTom

All Pro
Match up:
ofaxd0.jpg

Time and Venue:
Sunday, Oct 8, 2017 • 7:30 PM CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas
stadium_0_dec3026d-56b4-4a5c-b4e3-995ee4f5de58.jpg

Radio: SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

Television: NBC
Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Ronald Torbert The NFL assigned a controversial referee to Chiefs-Texans (Again)

Uniform Combination: Deep Steel Blue Jerseys/Liberty White Pants

Weather: 84° F
nclear-night.png
Clear
Full Weather: Link

Roof: Closed

Parking:
Platinum Lot Opens:
2:30 PM
All Other Parking Lots Open: 3:30 PM
Parking_Map_HEB.jpg

Flag Holders: Houston Texans Season Ticket Members
Homefield Advantage Captain: Texans Ambassador Kevin Walter
National Anthem: Country Music Star Sara Evans
Color Guard: United States Navy All-Female Team
Coin Toss Captains: Breast cancer survivor Mrs. Janice McNair accompanied by members of the Houston Texans family
Halftime: Chart-topping international pop duo Icona Pop

I hate the wait.

Go Texans!

Last edited:
Great thread Tom!
Watching the NFL Network and ESPN this morning and nothing is being said about the Texans. All of them are talking more about the Chiefs and Patriots and how they are the teams that will be the league's best along with, of course, the Steelers. The Texans are getting no credit at all.
I hope the Texans come out tonight and put it on the Chiefs. Our Texans need to make a statement in this game.
Its time for them to prove that this game and being in the spot light is not too big for Deshaun Watson and his offense.
O'brien needs to continue to be unpredictable in his play calling and let the players continue to cut loose and attack.
LET'S GO TEXANS!!

Great thread Tom!
Watching the NFL Network and ESPN this morning and nothing is being said about the Texans. All of them are talking more about the Chiefs and Patriots and how they are the teams that will be the league's best along with, of course, the Steelers. The Texans are getting no credit at all.
I hope the Texans come out tonight and put it on the Chiefs. Our Texans need to make a statement in this game.
Its time for them to prove that this game and being in the spot light is not too big for Deshaun Watson and his offense.
O'brien needs to continue to be unpredictable in his play calling and let the players continue to cut loose and attack.
LET'S GO TEXANS!!

That speak can all change tonight.
Hopefully the good guys show up. I think the QB is up to it.

Defense needs to show up. These guys can move the ball. Watson needs to play a smart game because their defense is legit. Can't be flinging it around carelessly. Run the ball hard, play action passing, and a strong defensive effort and we keep it moving.

I should have paid more attention to previous posts, but is there a way to watch online? I cheaped out on a TV antennae yesterday which backfired because it was completely useless. I can count the number of games I've missed since 2002 on one hand with fingers left over, and I don't want to add any more.

For the love of all that is righteous... please keep someone on Kelce & Conley. AaaaaaAAAAAaaaAAAaaAAaaaamennnnnnnnnnn.

I should have paid more attention to previous posts, but is there a way to watch online? I cheaped out on a TV antennae yesterday which backfired because it was completely useless. I can count the number of games I've missed since 2002 on one hand with fingers left over, and I don't want to add any more.

Haven't used this so I don't know the details but check out: http://stream.nbcsports.com/nfl/watch-sunday-night-football

Dear Lord, I hate it when the Texans play in prime time and I'm in the Eastern time zone. At least I have the Astros to keep me occupied today!! GO 'STRO's!! :fans:

Dear Lord, I hate it when the Texans play in prime time and I'm in the Eastern time zone. At least I have the Astros to keep me occupied today!! GO 'STRO's!! :gotexans:
And I cannot believe I'm saying this....GO YANKS!!!
Tell me about it. I'm working/living in Akron, Oh right now. UGH!!!

I think it's settled by now that Watson is a "franchise quarterback". The question left to be answered is what kind of franchise QB do we have? You have your ordinary franchise QBs like Rivers or Stafford who are obviously very good but have no cigars. Or like Roethlisberger or Brees who occasionally bring home the bacon. Or The Real Deal.

Tonight will go a long way to answering that.

Great thread Tom!
LET'S GO TEXANS!!

Stop watching NFL Network and especially ESPN.

That's disturbing, considering his draft status.

They drafted him because of his elite measurables and projected him to play slot WR.

They happened to luck out by finding Ellington who is every bit the athlete Miller is but has played the position for much longer and is not a “project”.

They are both prone to injuries unfortunately :(

Go Texans! I may not last long on this thread but I have my ways to watch the game. Great job tejas tom and howdy you Texans posters...if this goes our way I will be beyond ecstatic. Also i'm so proud and happy that the Texans are my team because the way things in the league are going I don't watch any other games.It is what it is.

Texans first offensive play of game - Lamar Miller run up the middle.

Or has OB has really changed this offense...

Reactions: Max
It's time to learn what kind of team we have this year. It's going to be a tough task. I predict a low scoring game and a win if Watson can come out of it without a turnover.

If Deshauny Football can play at least to the level he played against the Pats they can win this game with a decent defensive performance.

Its a tall order. I keep reminding myself that he's still a rookie.

Watson is learning to pull off a covered up target and throw to somebody else, so anything can happen. BTW that nrg lettering on Reliant stadium continues to give me cold chills.

Back