Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

O-line improvement????

cred

Noob
Is it me or has the o-line shown a lot of improvement? I personally did not think the addition of Victor Riley would be so great but seeing that Carr has had a lot less pressure so far has "started" to change my mind on the whole 0-line problem from last year and years past, that the o-line is finally starting to gel, or is it just me being a :homer:

Don't get me wrong, I know that in the preseason that a lot of teams don't want to tip their hand as to what blitzes they want to use but I still want this to be a good sign.

personally i've been impressed as well. i think it hit me when i saw how crisp david looked in a five step drop, play action against dallas. it's just so nice to see green in between the LOS and carr as he's dropping back :drool:

here's to the OL looking just as good in the season opener against a tough bill's D :texflag:

I've also noticed a marked improvement in play by the first team O-Line during the preseason. On another thread, I checked out the unofficial 2006 salary cap figures for the team at HPF, and couldn't help but notice that Wade, McKinney and Wiegert are among the 7 highest paid players on the team.

Could it be that after this past offseason, those guys understand that their play needs to match their paychecks, and if they don't, there will be consequences?

I really think we have improved, and even though this won't mean too much, but the unit that played the best against the cowboys last week i beleive was the Oline

I agree. The O-Line play has been quite good, and I think good things will happen for the team if the group can stay healthy and continue to play well.

Cred,

The preseason teams definitely won't show all their blitzes. We will see the first couple of games how our line is. Hopefully better. Can't be as bad as the past seasons, can they?

Bobby 119C

touttail said:
Cred,

The preseason teams definitely won't show all their blitzes. We will see the first couple of games how our line is. Hopefully better. Can't be as bad as the past seasons, can they?

Bobby 119C

Everyone needs to remember this about our D as well, when they ask why we cant get a ton of pressure.

cred said:
Is it me or has the o-line shown a lot of improvement? I personally did not think the addition of Victor Riley would be so great but seeing that Carr has had a lot less pressure so far has "started" to change my mind on the whole 0-line problem from last year and years past, that the o-line is finally starting to gel, or is it just me being a :homer:

Don't get me wrong, I know that in the preseason that a lot of teams don't want to tip their hand as to what blitzes they want to use but I still want this to be a good sign.

Its just you. :)

Back