Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Number19's 2024 mock

They can always throw 2025 picks into the equation as well.
They can. But is that what teams will look for? And if the Texans board had a big drop off at DT and CB, why did they trade down in the first place? Doesn't add up.

Absolutely.

Demeco was the 33rd selection so if they see a guy they feel is that good at that range go and get him.
I still remember the Texans all but sprinting up to the podium to take him in the 2nd round (looked like they didn't consider trades.) I had no idea who he was at the time, but the Texans later revealed that they (Kubiak) had him in top half of the 1st round. As it turns out now, that selection worked twice, once to get a fantastic player and second to get a fantastic head coach.

If we hadn't signed Al-Shaair, Cooper would be a good pick. But with Al-Shaair, he'd be depth.

Even then, I don't think Ryans would want a rookie signal caller.

Couldn't Cooper play the Sam role? Why does he have to be a Mike?
I was speaking to the hypothetical of the Texans not signing a MLB (Al-Shaair) in free agency and Cooper drafted to play MLB.

They can. But is that what teams will look for? And if the Texans board had a big drop off at DT and CB, why did they trade down in the first place? Doesn't add up.
Only thing I can think of is when they made the trade they thought there was 0% chance of one of those guys being there but now that we are here who knows what may happen.

Draft process is always evolving.

I still remember the Texans all but sprinting up to the podium to take him in the 2nd round (looked like they didn't consider trades.) I had no idea who he was at the time, but the Texans later revealed that they (Kubiak) had him in top half of the 1st round. As it turns out now, that selection worked twice, once to get a fantastic player and second to get a fantastic head coach.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday that between his playing career and what he does as a coach he could go down as the Greatest pick in Houston football history.

The Texans traded I.23. I don't think Caserio got full value as he was negotiating with one team and initiated the trade talks. A team in the 1st round will have more suitors that just the Texans. Both 2024 2nd round picks would be required (2.42 + 2.59) and the Texans get kicked back a 2025 3rd. In other words, there won't be a trade up to the 1st round.
If you say so

Back