Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NRG Stadium's Hazardous Turf

Arizona's one piece field looked really bad as well.

This is what pisses me off on this whole discussion - many of the fans are hung up on aesthetics and compare NRG and other grass fields to the pristine beauty of FieldTurf. But the players loathe that stuff almost universally saying it is harder on their joints, causes more injuries and makes rehab longer.

It’s time for the Texans to install a better field system
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-texans-to-install-a-better-field-system/

...As noted Sunday, the Chiefs weren’t happy with the condition of the field at NRG Stadium. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Chiefs specifically were concerned about the checkerboard-style plates of grass that are pieced together to form the field.

The end result of the puzzle-piecing effort? Seams and in turn an uneven surface.

So how long will the NFL allow the Texans to use a field system that creates unnecessary hazards? At a time when the NFL has taken great steps to ensure player health and safety, the time has come to compel Houston to spend the money necessary to have a playing surface conducive to safe play.

Lance Zierlein was talking about how a couple of Chiefs players were completely trashing our field, apparently it was really bad yesterday.

This is what pisses me off on this whole discussion - many of the fans are hung up on aesthetics and compare NRG and other grass fields to the pristine beauty of FieldTurf. But the players loathe that stuff almost universally saying it is harder on their joints, causes more injuries and makes rehab longer.

I'm fine with keeping natural grass. The notion that NRG field conditions cause injuries is way off base.

Back