Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Not showing the Texans on Sunday

Ghostform

Waterboy
Texans and Cowboys play at noon and are both FOX games.

243kaqfjpg.png

SO let me get this straight how many of the major cities get Dallas games over the texans games ..???? in Texas

u would think by now we would have a huge fanbase in San Ant Austin el paso and LUbbock and amarillo ..????

:toropalm:

Sunday Ticket was free this year.

If you became a new subscriber to DirecTV.

Trust me, I called them the first time I saw the ad back in late August. You don't get it free if you're already a subscriber of DirecTV.

It's to entice people to switch over from other competitors.

The Texans get the Southeast Texas area immediately surrounding Houston but the Cowboys get the rest of the state. I don't like it but that's the way it is. After we've won a couple Super Bowls maybe we'll get some respect in our own state.

Trust me, I called them the first time I saw the ad back in late August. You don't get it free if you're already a subscriber of DirecTV.

I called them, and they said the same thing. Then I told them I was switching to Dish, and they offered me the free Sunday Ticket package.

I called them, and they said the same thing. Then I told them I was switching to Dish, and they offered me the free Sunday Ticket package.

That will only work so many times, though. They keep notes on that stuff, and the next time you try it...the rep will say "Well, we sure hate to lose you as a customer...but if that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do."

Trust me, I know.

DirecTV is finicky about stuff. They go in and out of seasons where they will want you to stay no matter what...then the next year you try that same move and the rep is like "So. I don't care! LOL!"

Sometimes they reduce the price, which is what they did for me last year...I got it for like 75% off normal price. This year, I didn't try to bargain with them. Will probably try next year, though.

All you have to do is talk to the DTV Retentions department, lol.

Paying full price for Sunday Ticket is foolish, and entirely avoidable. I got Sunday Ticket knocked down to 150 bucks and they gave me 20 dollars off my bill for 12 months, so we "made money" this year.

I switched to Time Warner Cable for 2 months and then came back and got the Season Ticket for free.

That will only work so many times, though. They keep notes on that stuff, and the next time you try it...the rep will say "Well, we sure hate to lose you as a customer...but if that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do."

Trust me, I know.

DirecTV is finicky about stuff. They go in and out of seasons where they will want you to stay no matter what...then the next year you try that same move and the rep is like "So. I don't care! LOL!"

Sometimes they reduce the price, which is what they did for me last year...I got it for like 75% off normal price. This year, I didn't try to bargain with them. Will probably try next year, though.

All you have to do is talk to the DTV Retentions department, lol.

Paying full price for Sunday Ticket is foolish, and entirely avoidable. I got Sunday Ticket knocked down to 150 bucks and they gave me 20 dollars off my bill for 12 months, so we "made money" this year.

Keep talking boys, I'm furiously taking notes here
:clap::clap:

The Texans get the Southeast Texas area immediately surrounding Houston but the Cowboys get the rest of the state. I don't like it but that's the way it is. After we've won a couple Super Bowls maybe we'll get some respect in our own state.

Don't hold your breath, I'm sure 10 years of super bowl wins would still be met with "Cowboys were better first"

After all....... what is a Cowboy fan without living in the past, while spouting "They are America's team" only to make themselves feel better about........ well what else? being a Cowboys fan. :D

I have converted a few poor misguided souls from Cowboys fans to Texans but sadly, you can't save them all. Not everyone wants to be saved.:wadepalm:

SO let me get this straight how many of the major cities get Dallas games over the texans games ..???? in Texas

u would think by now we would have a huge fanbase in San Ant Austin el paso and LUbbock and amarillo ..????

I dont know about huge but I was in San Antonio last week for a company Christmas party and I wanted to watch the game on Monday Night. The establishment that I went to had quite a few Texans fans but that city still loves them some Cowboys. The have a Cowboys store in the mall for crying out loud. The other sporting goods stores in the mall at least had Texans jerseys on display though.

All that being said, this team hasn't been good long enough to pull people over to the cause. While that sounds silly for those of us that have been long time fans, that's just the way it is in most cases.

We may have fans in those cities but the Cowboys still rule the state. The only city that has more Texans fans than Cowboys ones is Houston.

Yeah, I got it free for the past two years. I have since switched to Uverse. We had a thread on this topic awhile back or it was the Jax game thread in the tailgate section, I knew this was coming so I planned a trip to the Houston area to see my mom and attend the game in person. :fans:

Houston Texans: The Best Little Football Team in Texas (that nobody gets to see.)

[IMGwidthsize=300]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/heatbball55/IMG_0018.jpg[/IMG]

Trust me, I know.

who cares if they keep customer notes? the fact is he saved 400.00 you arent doing yourself any favors by taking a year off of asking them for more

This is what kills me the most about Direct TV, Dish, & cable (doesn't matter who your provider is). It's like they don't make a dime on new customers & they make a killing on new customers. Even giving away NFL Ticket, they must be making a killing.

I've done it to all of them, "What, I can't get that new deal? Then I'm going to drop you."

& none of them care.

If I weren't so lazy, & I didn't watch so much TV I'd drop Sattellite/Cable after the Super Bowl & wait for the sweetest deal in August.

But it wouldn't change a thing.

Sounds like a trip to a sports bar is the better value.

I'm an annual Sunday Ticket subscriber. This season, though, I'm in between houses. So I go to Buffalo Wild Wings every Sunday to get my Texans fix. For lunch, and three large beers, I'm spending about $40 a visit. In my case, I'm losing money. Beer & wings are some of my weaknesses. Not to mention, you don't get the audio for the game most of the time.

Wish they'd hurry up and announce what's showing here. Since the Falcons play Saturday and there are no local games of interest, I would think two playoff teams and a potential record breaking running back would be the most compelling game.

Sick irony if I get the game in GA and Austin doesn't.

This is what kills me the most about Direct TV, Dish, & cable (doesn't matter who your provider is). It's like they don't make a dime on new customers & they make a killing on new customers. Even giving away NFL Ticket, they must be making a killing.

I've done it to all of them, "What, I can't get that new deal? Then I'm going to drop you."

& none of them care.

Oh they care but in general they understand consumer habits and market/prices services that way.

If I weren't so lazy, & I didn't watch so much TV I'd drop Sattellite/Cable after the Super Bowl & wait for the sweetest deal in August.

And you just pointed out why things are priced that way

If a lot of people werent so lazy or stuck on TV and they all changed companies it might change but you're right it wont change because people are lazy, they dont like taking time off of work to wait on the new sat guy and they dont like to learn all new channels

They've done this promo for 2 years in a row now. I usually call DirecTV the moment I see a commercial like that, start bitching, and they give me somewhere between $100-$200 off. I take that as a win.

I'll be at the game, but I just set my DVR to record on the Sunday ticket broadcast so I can re-watch when I get home.

Fox doesn't list which game it is going to show here, but since we're in the southern tip of the Dallas market, I'm fairly certain it will be the Cowgirls.

By now? One playoff win vs. a lifetime of loyalty probably won't sway many fans to the Texans side. Was scouting locations in El Paso over the Thanksgiving holiday and I didn't see a single Texans shirt, jersey, hat, etc. Went Black Friday shopping with the wife - they don't even sell Texans gear in the stores. Not WalMart, not Target, not even Academy. The Valley is definitely Cowboy country.

Just imagine how much fun you will have watching Cowboy fans as the last sliver of their play-off hopes fade away.

& none of them care.

The trick is, you have to name another provider. If you just say you are dropping them, then they will open up the door for you (usually). My dad has Uverse in Houston, and I coached him on how to complain to get some money off of his bill each month (and got $10 off for a year plus free upgraded internet). They might be sneaky and try to tack on that higher internet speed once the year is up, though.

Back