Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No Respect for Andre

UTColumbus

Practice Squad
I hope this is the last year that Andre Johnson keeps getting overlooked. I hope this is the last season I read any national NFL coverage and detect subtle omissions and overlooking of one of the league's most talented recievers.

It's happened three times today. The boneheads over at Disney Sports Network cobbled together a list of potential future Hall of Fame candidates...MArques Colston was on the list...Andre wasn't. That's a rookie over a two-time Pro Bowler! This wouldn't bother me, but 80 wasn't even on their "on-the-bubble" list or anything. It's like they couldn't even imagine the lowly Texans producing HoF talent (DeMeco, despite being defending Defensive RoY wasn't on the list either, no Texan was).

In Gregg Easterbrooks column (despite his frequent dismissives toward Houston, my favorite) he wondered if the Texans were the "blandest NFL team ev'r"?

It just happened again reading Herm Edwards' press conference on another thread. "Johnson and their tight end Daniels are good." Good. With all due respect to the fantastic player we have in Owen, he is not in Andre's league.

Am I overreacting here, or does anyone else notice that no one seems to concede that the Texans actually have talent?

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
i actually think AJ gets adequate props for what he has done in his career. its gonna be nice to see what he can do with an actual NFL level QB throwing the ball to him.

As for Colston over AJ that is quite ridiculous. The only thing Colston has over him is that he played in a NFC Championship Game. Didn't Colston miss some time too due to injury?

Cjeremy635

Overtraining
You're passionate, to say the least, but you are reading too much into it. You have to be a consistently good team for anyone to notice you and your players. I know there are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, the winners get the recognition. When Andre dominates, and I mean "take the ball away from the defender" dominates, he will get his recognition that he deserves. DeMeco had a great rookie season. Can he reproduce that this season and take it to the next level? Time will tell. We have a lot of talent and when they all "gel" together, we will get the team and player recognition that we deserve.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
Owen Daniels was spectacular. He got Carr to throw it down the middle on a few occassions. A few. Okay, once. Well, he sort of threw down the middle. If you look at it from an angle...

YellerLotYeller

nice marmot
He lets his actions do the talking. ESPIN overlooks him but opposing teams gameplan for him, and that is the greatest compliment. The Texans have a winning season and the media trolls will be all over him like they knew it the whole time.

W

whiskeyrbl

Owen Daniels was spectacular. He got Carr to throw it down the middle on a few occassions. A few. Okay, once. Well, he sort of threw down the middle. If you look at it from an angle...
LOL, That starts my day with a laugh

dskillz

Waterboy
First of all, that avatar looks familiar.

Secondly, AJ gets respect, his Pro Bowl appearances tell you that and he gets a ton of respect around the league. But, AJ has been on a losing team his entire career. When the Texans start winning, he will get talked about more.

I think you are reading too much into Coach Edwards' interview. I mean, he is not exactly a wordsmith.

eriadoc

Texan-American
The play-by-play announcer for the Chiefs was on the radio this morning (I forget which station), and he said he would take AJ over any receiver in the NFL, even over Marvin Harrison.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
The play-by-play announcer for the Chiefs was on the radio this morning (I forget which station), and he said he would take AJ over any receiver in the NFL, even over Marvin Harrison.
Well, yeah. AJ has a few of his most spectacular catches against the Chiefs.