Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No Andre for Titans game

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
And......we are royally screwed:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/18/andre-johnson-says-hell-miss-six-weeks-at-the-most/

Texans receiver Andre Johnson has missed two games since suffering a hamstring injury in Week Four, and doctors have told him he could miss as many as four more games. But Johnson is more optimistic.

“They say it could take up to six weeks at the most,” Johnson said today on SportsRadio 610. ”But I don’t think it will take me that long.”

Johnson said he’s ahead of schedule so far, but he’s not back to full speed yet.

“I’m headed in the right direction,” Johnson said. “I just want it to heal faster. Right now it’s still weak; it’s not as strong as it used to be.”

The Texans are 0-2 without Johnson, and coach Gary Kubiak said it’s become a lot easier for opposing defenses to shut down their passing game without having to account for Johnson.

“We’re getting played different,” Kubiak said. “There’s a level of consistency when Andre’s on the field with what people try to do. I don’t think it has affected where Matt [Schaub] goes with the ball. [Sunday] we went toe-to-toe with a dang good team, and we needed a new hero. Until Andre gets back, someone has got to assume that responsibility.”

Whoever assumes that responsibility, everyone in Houston is hoping it’s a short-term role.

WOOHOOO!!!! Another excuse to keep Kubiak after the season.

:jogger:

And......we are royally screwed:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/18/andre-johnson-says-hell-miss-six-weeks-at-the-most/

WOOHOOO!!!! Another excuse to keep Kubiak after the season.

:jogger:

I say just sit him until after the bye. I hope Andre wants to get out there soon, but having him back fully for those last 6 games will most likely be huge. I really would like to sign MSW considering Bryant Johnson is just an extension of the offensive line at this point, but we're looking at at least 2 weeks to get him up to speed.

I say just sit him until after the bye. I hope Andre wants to get out there soon, but having him back fully for those last 6 games will most likely be huge. I really would like to sign MSW considering Bryant Johnson is just an extension of the offensive line at this point, but we're looking at at least 2 weeks to get him up to speed.

Sims Walker just resigned with Jacksonville.

who thought the Texans were being honest about the duration of the injury? Bueller, Bueller?

Sims Walker just resigned with Jacksonville.

Well that stinks. Am I the only one who's noticed that whenever Bryant Johnson is in the game it's almost a guaranteed run every time? Time to take the training wheels off of these guys and give them chances to make plays.

who thought the Texans were being honest about the duration of the injury? Bueller, Bueller?
:lol:
funny

yeah, when CnnnD told us this was gonna take up to 6 wks, I set my sights there and put no more stock in "coachspeak" regarding A.J. situation.

Should have just said he was active to make them game plan for him I mean **** at this point our most dangerous player in the game would be the threat of Andre Johnson sitting on the bench dressed out. Besides it isn't like we need to bring Trindon Holliday to games apparently.

He'll miss three games. He's already running. Boy he sure is headed in the right direction. Maybe he will return to practice next week. :gun:

Somewhere there is a diminutive side show bob coifed punk that is happy about this.

ko-copy.jpg

Andre makes the offense work. It's really that simple. Foster is a great running back, but he can't carry the offense without Dre.

The next few games are going to be tough.

btw, I didn't expect him back very soon either.

The article is a quote ndirectly from Dre himself. How much more "official" do you want?

I agree...... For AJ too have even a little doubt about his body isn't a good sign. He's normally extremely confident dealing with injuries, but you can tell he doesn't know what to expect with this one.

The article is a quote ndirectly from Dre himself. How much more "official" do you want?

Not that i expect Dre to play this week or anything, but he didnt say what the thread title suggests, and i havent seen it anywhere else...

So how about 'official' official?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Not that i expect Dre to play this week or anything, but he didnt say what the thread title suggests, and i havent seen it anywhere else...

So how about 'official' official?

I heard the interview this article was based on live this morning on 610 as he was with Vandy and Lopez when he said this stuff this morning.

To be fair...he didn't say it WILL take 6 weeks, said it COULD

What unanswered questions do you think this coming game will answer that haven't been answered before?

I don't know about answering any questions, but if we win this game it's huge in a lot of ways. For one, we would be 2 games up on the Titans in the division which is the first tie breaker after head to head. The best the Titans would be able to do is tie us in head to head meetings if we pull this out.

What unanswered questions do you think this coming game will answer that haven't been answered before?

For me "are we going to be playing catch-up when Dre gets back or are we going to be in it?"... Divisionally speaking.. that's about all...

Other than that we really learn nothing because statement games don't exist IMO, maybe only in hindsight... They could beat the hell out of Tennessee Sunday, but what does that really state if you finish 7-9?

It's all speculation at this point. If i read an article on ESPN named "Andre out for Titans game" i would expect an official word. Not a interpretation of quotes.

Well, to me that means either Mason really benefits from another week of practice and steps up his game...or...we could very well be sunk, lads.

had they traded for Lloyd, Texans would have at least been able to stretch the field and keep defenses from stacking the box. Now, hell stack it with 11 and stuff Foster all day. Ravens didn't even cover Walter on the 4th and 1, shows you how much other teams fear our WR core...

If the Texans are any kind of smart, AJ will sit until after the bye unless he's 100%. Then they'll get the deer in the headlights look out of their eyes and learn how to play without Andre and still be effective.

This game will be won if our offensive line wants to get dirty and mean.

The o-line has to will this offense to victory. They've had it relatively easy with AJ and Foster out there performing at high levels...without AJ, they have to be near-perfect in their effort and execution.

But let's face it: We've been waiting for 6 years now for this offense to put together a start-to-finish 4 Quarters of NFL football EFFORT out there. How can it just spring up from nowhere all of a sudden? The odds are really bad, IMO.

Well there are two things here....one this could be a smokescreen, let Tacks get ready for us thinking he is out, but I do not think our team is that smart, so I feel he will be out until our bye

2nd, let him sit out, our team needs to learn to win without Andre and then when he comes back we will be THAT much better, we cannot rely on him for everything

If there is no Andre, fine.

That said, if these guys love GK like they say they do, have done some growing and want to win this division/end criticism, they'll kick TEN's ass.

Without AJ and Mario, the Titans and Texans are an even match. Since this is the Texans we are talking about here, an even match puts us at the disadvantage.

I think we lose this weekend anyway, and the we win out or come close to it.

We will win the division, make the playoffs and get blown out in embarrasing fashion in the first round.

Kubiak gets one more year for making the playoffs but everyone is pissed......Hook Em's server melts down....

:tinfoil:

Without AJ and Mario, the Titans and Texans are an even match. Since this is the Texans we are talking about here, an even match puts us at the disadvantage.

Las Vegas favors the Titans by 4..........3 for home field and 1 to show us they think we are "inferior.":mcnugget:

It's a shame they don't suit Andre up just for 1 play so he can whip Leprechaun again. Won't even matter if he gets kicked out of the game. I am sure Texanstalk members will chip in to pay for the fine. I would be in for $50 to see that.

Kubiak has not ruled him out of the game. You never know.....things can change.....a miracle could happen...even as remote as Andre playing would be.....I would leave it open until the last millisecond.........

At make the Titans think about it.....make them have to prepare like he is going to be playing.....make them worry about it.....why not? I would......

Kubiak has not ruled him out of the game. You never know.....things can change.....a miracle could happen...even as remote as Andre playing would be.....I would leave it open until the last millisecond.........

At make the Titans think about it.....make them have to prepare like he is going to be playing.....make them worry about it.....why not? I would......

He also said that Andre wouldn't play if he didn't practice. He ran but didn't practice. If I take you to the Texanstalk debriefing room I'd just tell you it's Texan Marketing 101 speak. Decoded it means, "Hey fans I'm gonna tell you what you want to hear, but I'm using asterisks so pay close attention!

Kubiak said Johnson has to return to practice before he plays in a game. He ran routes & caught passes today but didn't practice

(this update was 3 hours ago) Kubiak on Johnson: "He ran very good...It’s impressive to see how far he’s come in such a short period of time." But won't play w/o practice
Nick is the Texans in house beat writer

ESPN reports:

Updated: October 21, 2011, 2:44 PM ET
Andre Johnson won't play vs. Titans

HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson will sit out Sunday's game at Tennessee as he continues to recover from a right hamstring injury.

The star receiver has missed the last two games since hurting his hamstring in a 17-10 win over Pittsburgh on Oct. 2 and undergoing a minor procedure to heal the injury.

Coach Gary Kubiak says Johnson is "not where he needs to be right now," though Kubiak adds Johnson is healing faster than expected. Johnson sat out practice again Friday, but ran routes and caught passes from backup quarterback T.J. Yates on a separate field.

Kubiak says Johnson needs to take one more step in his recovery before the team will feel comfortable returning him to practice.

Would have bet my balls he wouldn't play this game anyway. Never had my hopes up.

With any luck (lol) we'll get him back for Jacksoffville.

He also said that Andre wouldn't play if he didn't practice. He ran but didn't practice. If I take you to the Texanstalk debriefing room I'd just tell you it's Texan Marketing 101 speak. Decoded it means, "Hey fans I'm gonna tell you what you want to hear, but I'm using asterisks so pay close attention!

Nick is the Texans in house beat writer

Always watch their hands when they speak....

fingers-crossed.jpg

Back