Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL would love a Texans/Packers super bowl

Lurvinator11

Veteran
I have seen some people thinking about next years schedule like with detroit and green bay. I sat down and thought about who we should be playing next year and this is what I got:

Home: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Green Bay, Minnesota, Miami, Buffalo, Denver

Away: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Chicago, Detroit, New England, New York, Baltimore

Of course divisional opponets are a no brainer.

Next year the AFC south matches up with the AFC east. Since we played pats and jets at home last time the two divisions met, we will go on the road for them. Vice versa for the Bills and Dolphins.

Baltimore and Denver are assuming they win their division (assuming the texans win the division as well) Of course, since we already play two divisions within our conference, the two final spots on the schedule are filled by teams from the two division we dont face within our conference. These teams are based on where they have placed in their division or common finish. Last time we played Baltimore based on common finish was last season at reliant so since next year will be common finish we will have to travel back to baltimore for another match up. We have never played Denver based on common finish, so I am assuming Denver will be a home game for us.

Finally that brings me to the confrence match up. Next year as it is already known, The AFC south is facing the NFC north. Since we played green bay and minnesota away, we will play them at home next season.

That brings me to this point.

IF the texans actually make it to the super bowl, and assuming they face the packers, the NFL would have a rare oppertunity. (at least something I havent really seen) The NFL would actually get to have a super bowl rematch the very next year. Some one already mentioned this earlier that if they did make it the NFL would probably have a Texans Packers thursday night kick off.

That being said, even though they aren't supposed to pick a side, I feel like behind closed doors at the NFL offices, they are really wanting the texans to get to the playoffs, and then the texans and packers meet in the super bowl so they can have this huge event the very next year.

That is just my idea though. Hope you guys enjoyed my schedule. I hope I am right on it. As I was about to post this my friend messeged me and said he would laugh if none of this was right because we got moved to the CFL after this season lol.

i want to face the saints agian

I went to the game in new orleans this year and it was a epic game and i want a rematch with them

I think the NFL would prefer a Brady/Rodgers Super Bowl

But the fans want a Tebow/Vince Young Super Bowl

animatedvyfacepalm.gif

tebow.jpg

Honestly don't think its that big of a deal for the NFL. They arent hoping for the Texans to face the Packers in order to setup a rematch as the season opener.

I have seen some people thinking about next years schedule like with detroit and green bay. I sat down and thought about who we should be playing next year and this is what I got:

Home: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Green Bay, Minnesota, Miami, Buffalo, Denver

Away: Indy, Jacksonville, Tennesse, Chicago, Detroit, New England, New York, Baltimore

Next year the AFC south matches up with

Nice informative post, thank you.

i want to face the saints agian

I went to the game in new orleans this year and it was a epic game and i want a rematch with them
Thank you! I'd like this too, but I want Schaub back for you, so we get your best.

As far as the OP, I disagree. National media, etc. has never gave a **** about anything from Houston. Houston never gets respect, and I'd love to see them forced to pay attention.

Believe me, they werent all that big on New Orleans, as you would be led to believe. Too small a market, they thought. Of course the Saints following is much like the Packers, spread over a whole area. -- We're all over the Gulf Coast, not just N.O, and it was like this before any Storm, or before we had ever won anything.

Saints v. Texans!

Who Dat!

Well I know one thing I wanna see change in regards to next years schedule. All these crappy teams they have playing in prime time slots (Jags, Browns etc). I expect the Texans to finally get a little respect when it comes to Sunday/Monday night football.

I almost posted this yesterday.

The road schedule is going to be a doozy next year. DET, CHI, NE, NYJ, and BAL/PIT.

Yikes.

I almost posted this yesterday.

The road schedule is going to be a doozy next year. DET, CHI, NE, NYJ, and BAL/PIT.

Yikes.

I am actually not worried about Chicago and New york. Pats and Lions will be great games as well. On the flip side, I honestly do not see us losing a home game. Except to the packers. But of course this is all for next season.

Guarantee you, the NFL wants a Pittsburgh / Green Bay Super Bowl well before the Texans.

I'd like to see the Texans/Saints or the Steelers/Saints. If it's Texans they get to get some payback for that game earlier this season that the referees HANDED to the 'Aints. If it's the Steelers the 'Aints fans realize that their superbowl was a FLUKE and D:zipit:llas fans get to suck on the fact that the Steelers would have TWO more :trophies: than they do.

How did the refs hand the game to the Saints? I don't remember any outrageous calls. They were the better team that day. Breesus Christ played lights out and lifted the team to another level

If you think we are good this year wait until next season. My concern is if another team will make Wade an offer he won't refuse.

If you think we are good this year wait until next season. My concern is if another team will make Wade an offer he won't refuse.

Wade has already stated he doesn't want to be a head coach again. Of course that might not mean much if the right offer comes along. But since he's under contract, it would be the Texans decision to let him go.

Wade has already stated he doesn't want to be a head coach again. Of course that might not mean much if the right offer comes along. But since he's under contract, it would be the Texans decision to let him go.

Yep. Wade found his home, I think he's here for the duration.

I think it's patently obvious that the success of Wade Phillips this season, along with the continuing success of Kubiak's offense = Kubiak and Wade locked up LONG LONG LONG term. LONG TERM.

I'm talking a decade. Maybe that's hyperbole, but this season was going to be disastrous or wonderful. It's been wonderful, and Bob McNair is going to lock those guys up BIG TIME.

We now have a HC and DC situation that other franchises envy. Bob McNair stuck it out, gutted it out, and it worked. He's smarter than GP.

How did the refs hand the game to the Saints? I don't remember any outrageous calls. They were the better team that day. Breesus Christ played lights out and lifted the team to another level

1. An uncalled block to the back against the Aints in 2nd quarter that resulted in an 'Aint's touchdown.

2. Two DBs holding A.J.'s JERSEY on a play and refs acting as if "pass interference" were a small town near Albequerque.

3. Saints friendly ball spots on 3rd downs

4. Questionable pass interference calls/non calls all game long.

That game was a vuggin' GIFT!

Nice schedule. I think we match up pretty dang well with the Pack. After it's all said and done, I just want the Texans to with the :trophy: in Peyton's Place. That would be sooooooo sweet!!!

NFL would love a Texans/Packers super bowl

Who is the "NFL"? The NFL is 31 owners + the Packers board of directors. The commissioner is their voice. I'm sure each owner wants to see their own team in the Superbowl. The media, on the other hand, would want big market, big name teams there that would generate the highest ratings possible, Pit/Giants for example. The Packers, too, but they're an anomaly (it's like Conroe having an NFL team).

As to the next year's schedule, I think it may call for a trip to Pit, considering my wife is a Steelers fan...

TEXAN/NINER SB!!! PLEASE football gawds above, let it happen!! I'm gettin OLD and tired, and very cranky, and wanna see my dream come true before I kick the bucket!! Not to much to ask from an old timer who has LOVED this game for 60 years!!

No. The possibility of losing a Superbowl would SUCK, but losing it to the MOST OBNOXIOUS fans in sports who'd NEVER shut the VUGG UP ABOUT it? No thank you.

I'd risk it. The reward is just too great. Yeah there's a chance the Texans could lose, but imagine if we didn't? How sweet it would be to be able to rub it Cowboys fans faces!!!

Next year the AFC south matches up with the AFC east. Since we played pats and jets at home last time the two divisions met, we will go on the road for them. Vice versa for the Bills and Dolphins.

Baltimore and Denver are assuming they win their division (assuming the texans win the division as well) Of course, since we already play two divisions within our conference, the two final spots on the schedule are filled by teams from the two division we dont face within our conference. These teams are based on where they have placed in their division or common finish. Last time we played Baltimore based on common finish was last season at reliant so since next year will be common finish we will have to travel back to baltimore for another match up. We have never played Denver based on common finish, so I am assuming Denver will be a home game for us.

Finally that brings me to the confrence match up. Next year as it is already known, The AFC south is facing the NFC north. Since we played green bay and minnesota away, we will play them at home next season.

That brings me to this point.

IF the texans actually make it to the super bowl, and assuming they face the packers, the NFL would have a rare oppertunity. (at least something I havent really seen) The NFL would actually get to have a super bowl rematch the very next year. Some one already mentioned this earlier that if they did make it the NFL would probably have a Texans Packers thursday night kick off.

That being said, even though they aren't supposed to pick a side, I feel like behind closed doors at the NFL offices, they are really wanting the texans to get to the playoffs, and then the texans and packers meet in the super bowl so they can have this huge event the very next year.

That is just my idea though. Hope you guys enjoyed my schedule. I hope I am right on it. As I was about to post this my friend messeged me and said he would laugh if none of this was right because we got moved to the CFL after this season lol.

I guess I don't understand the difference between "where you place in the division" and "common finish". You play the teams that finish the same place in their division as you finished in your division. I guess that is "common finish".

Where you played a particular team the last time you had a "common finish" is not relevant to where you play this time. (You would wind up with some team having played both teams on the road (in different years) so this year they get 9 home games? No.) It switches each time you play a division. In 2012 the South plays the East. In 2009 (last time the South played the East) the South teams hosted the West division common finishers (Den @ Ind, Oak @ Hou, SD @ Possum Holler, KC @ Tarpville) and travelled to the North teams (Hou @ Cin, etc.) It does matter where we played Baltimore last - we played the North on the road.

Therefore, in 2012 the AFC South hosts the North teams and travels to the West teams. So Baltimore or Pittsburgh here, on the road to Denver or Oakland.

And the "NFL" would prefer New England, the Jets, or Pittsburgh to be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. At best we would be in the next cut with Baltimore, Denver, and Oakland - or maybe behind all three. But still ahead of Jacksonville!

I guess I don't understand the difference between "where you place in the division" and "common finish". You play the teams that finish the same place in their division as you finished in your division. I guess that is "common finish".

Where you played a particular team the last time you had a "common finish" is not relevant to where you play this time. (You would wind up with some team having played both teams on the road (in different years) so this year they get 9 home games? No.) It switches each time you play a division. In 2012 the South plays the East. In 2009 (last time the South played the East) the South teams hosted the West division common finishers (Den @ Ind, Oak @ Hou, SD @ Possum Holler, KC @ Tarpville) and travelled to the North teams (Hou @ Cin, etc.) It does matter where we played Baltimore last - we played the North on the road.

Therefore, in 2012 the AFC South hosts the North teams and travels to the West teams. So Baltimore or Pittsburgh here, on the road to Denver or Oakland.

And the "NFL" would prefer New England, the Jets, or Pittsburgh to be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. At best we would be in the next cut with Baltimore, Denver, and Oakland - or maybe behind all three. But still ahead of Jacksonville!

Ah very good. I was only basing this off of texans past schedules, but that makes sense how they put it up. However upon doing my research, I found that last season the north traveled to the south but then as you mentioned the last time we played the west, they visited the south. So....I guess they will have to figure it out.

Back