Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

According to the "internet", Peyton is worth $250MM and Eli $150MM. Cooper is the poor brother at just around 13. That's not enough for a majority stake. They'd need to borrow a ton of money and then bring in minority owners.
Yeah it would only be as a minority owner for either the Mannings or Elway. A majority owner not only has to come with the resources to buy the team but must also have the cash flow to operate the team after purchasing.

Reactions: JB
JJ Watt has been removed from IR. He and the team says that he will be able to return to help the team in the playoff run to the SB. This will be another example of Watt ill advisedly trying to act the Superman. His shoulder surgery performed the 1st week in Nov included repair of torn labrum, torn rotator cuff and torn biceps tendon. A rotator cuff labrum repair alone requires a minimum of 4 months and usually closer to 6 months to properly rehab. If he plays, he is setting himself up for at very least a mundane performance, and high risk for significant re-injury.
Watt re-injured his right shoulder, despite his post game in denial statement that "my shoulder held up fine." Throughout his plays, he kept his right arm close to his body to avoid it being torqued back. This does not make for effective clearing out of offensive linemen..........something that was quite evident.

What’s interesting about this is the association with the Patriots. He was with them for 5 years as a scout. Then he went to Denver as a scout and climbed the ladder there for the past 8 years.

I think New England is a cult. Their way of doing things. You have people that have been part of the cult for a brief tenure, or never got into the inner circle like an OB, and maybe Peters fits in that group. People who spent time there but really didn’t live it. More of a resume add.

Then you have people that lived it and spent a better part of their career their. People that were let into the inner circle: McDaniels, Caserio, etc.

What New York is trying to do is similar to what the Texans are trying to do.

Not just hire a HC and try to get success: create alignment in processes and culture. Get the GM and HC to subscribe to it.

Let’s see who does it better.

NY ownership is viewed as worse than the McNairs. Especially everything they did to Eli and his record of consecutive starts.

I heard Charles Omenihu called the Texans a circus? lol, no way!! He had a pretty good game against the Cowchips, good for Charles

lol

San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Charles Omenihu seems more than happy being with his current team after the Texans traded the 2019 fifth-round pick in early November. He had no trouble hiding his feelings about his former team Wednesday.

“It’s not a circus show here,” Omenihu told reporters Wednesday.

He added how the 49ers aren’t an “ego-driven organization” and don’t have a “power struggle” between the head coach and general manager. Omenihu played most of his Houston career with Bill O’Brien as head coach and GM, while spending part of 2021 with David Culley and Nick Caserio in those respective roles.

Source

Watch out for the clowns, Charles. They'll be coming after you soon. :clown:

lol

San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Charles Omenihu seems more than happy being with his current team after the Texans traded the 2019 fifth-round pick in early November. He had no trouble hiding his feelings about his former team Wednesday.

“It’s not a circus show here,” Omenihu told reporters Wednesday.

He added how the 49ers aren’t an “ego-driven organization” and don’t have a “power struggle” between the head coach and general manager. Omenihu played most of his Houston career with Bill O’Brien as head coach and GM, while spending part of 2021 with David Culley and Nick Caserio in those respective roles.

Source

Watch out for the clowns, Charles. They'll be coming after you soon. :clown:
So there was a power struggle between Caserio & Culley? Who’d a thunk it?

Watt re-injured his right shoulder, despite his post game in denial statement that "my shoulder held up fine." Throughout his plays, he kept his right arm close to his body to avoid it being torqued back. This does not make for effective clearing out of offensive linemen..........something that was quite evident.
It’s phenomenal to think that considering how the first 5 years of Watt’s career went, TJ looks like he might have a better career than him when all is said and done.

The injuries have been really cruel to JJ, but when you see him playing injured like that, flipping tyres during rehab, getting injured playing offence, you wonder how much of that he’s brought on himself.

It’s phenomenal to think that considering how the first 5 years of Watt’s career went, TJ looks like he might have a better career than him when all is said and done.

The injuries have been really cruel to JJ, but when you see him playing injured like that, flipping tyres during rehab, getting injured playing offence, you wonder how much of that he’s brought on himself.

It's pretty clear that short of TJ experiencing the same kind of trajectory-altering injuries that his bro did that he'll certainly have the more voluminous career. But I don't think his peak will ultimately surpass JJ's. JJ at his prime best was all-time legendarily unheard of. The rate with which he was hurrying and/or hitting qbs - much less actually sacking them -, making drive-killing tackles for losses, and batting down passes at the los was something offenses had never before dealt with on the whole. If he had kept up his rate of unprecedented production a while longer we'd have been having genuine conversations about his perhaps supplanting Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White as the greatest defender of all time. TJ's been fantastic, but he hasn't quite gotten to that kind of level ... yet anyway.

I guess you could make the argument one of peak vs consistent longevity.

It's pretty clear that short of TJ experiencing the same kind of trajectory-altering injuries that his bro did that he'll certainly have the more voluminous career. But I don't think his peak will ultimately surpass JJ's. JJ at his prime best was all-time legendarily unheard of. The rate with which he was hurrying and/or hitting qbs - much less actually sacking them -, making drive-killing tackles for losses, and batting down passes at the los was something offenses had never before dealt with on the whole. If he had kept up his rate of unprecedented production a while longer we'd have been having genuine conversations about his perhaps supplanting Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White as the greatest defender of all time. TJ's been fantastic, but he hasn't quite gotten to that kind of level ... yet anyway.

I guess you could make the argument one of peak vs consistent longevity.

I only hope that Cal and Caserio bring Watt back to the team so he can retire as a Texans player when he’s ready to hang up his cleats.

REPORT: NATE HOBBS BUSTED FOR DRIVING 110 MPH ...2 Weeks After DUI Arrest
1/21/2022 4:23 PM PT

More trouble for Nate Hobbs -- the Raiders rookie was busted for reportedly driving well over the speed limit on Sunday ... just 2 weeks after he was arrested for DUI.

TMZ Sports has confirmed ... the 22-year-old cornerback was cited for reckless driving on Jan. 16. According to 8 News Now, Nevada State Police Highway Patrol clocked him driving 110 miles per hour in a 65.
Hobbs was issued a citation ... and his car was reportedly towed from the scene.

We broke the story -- Hobbs was arrested for DUI around 4 AM on Jan. 3 ... just hours after the Raiders' road win over the Indianapolis Colts.

Cops say they found Hobbs passed out in his car in the exit ramp of a parking garage ... and claim he smelled like booze and had "glassy watery eyes."

Hobbs was arrested after cops claim he did not do well on field sobriety tests, but his attorneys released a statement saying there were serious concerns it did not qualify as a DUI under Nevada law based on the facts relayed by Vegas police.
Hobbs' recent run-ins with the law are obviously not the first time someone from this Raiders team has allegedly acted recklessly in a vehicle -- Henry Ruggs is accused of getting drunk, speeding in his car and then killing a woman and her dog in a wreck in Las Vegas in November.

Isn’t it odd seeing the same “cardboard cutout corporate speak” from other teams talking about alignment, etc. when building an NFL team?

"Now, the work begins. My immediate focus is to hire a head coach, with who I will work in lockstep with to create a collaborative environment for our football operations. We will cast a wide net, it can be former head coaches, first-time head coaches but, more importantly, it has to be a person who possesses the ability to lead an organization and the ability to motivate and develop players. On the personnel side, we will begin to evaluate our roster and prepare for the draft and free agency. Our goal is to build a roster that will be competitive, have depth, and most importantly, win football games."

If Aaron Rogers would have played it smart at the end instead of going for the home run play he would be playing next week.
If the punt team would have blocked he would be playing next week

Can you imagine how dominant the 49'ers would be if they added Aaron Rogers?
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Funny how before the game they played the Rodgers interview when he was drafted asking how he felt about the Niners passing on him with him saying they'd regret it, or something to that effect, and then he goes 0-4 against them in the playoffs.

giphy.gif

King: Cowboys 'became a bunch of whiners' to refs

Cowboy Fans reacting to playoff loss. NSFW.

Edit: Oh darn they won't let me post the video. Search it on Youtube, it's funny as hell.

• Haha
I think this is surprising. I am sure Jag fans are delighted. We will hear from some shortly about how the Texans are doomed to misery the next 10 years.

Back