Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

NYG's have traded Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th rd pick per PFT.

Wonder if Janoris Jenkins is available? He may not be Texans worthy but would certainly upgrade the CB position. Probably could be had for a 3rd rd pick.

Everybody in Oakland is said to be available. Wonder if Osemele can play a serviceable LT? He filled in at LT some in Baltimore and didn't look too bad.

# No trades get made.

NYG's have traded Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th rd pick per PFT.

Wonder if Janoris Jenkins is available? He may not be Texans worthy but would certainly upgrade the CB position. Probably could be had for a 3rd rd pick.

Everybody in Oakland is said to be available. Wonder if Osemele can play a serviceable LT? He filled in at LT some in Baltimore and didn't look too bad.

# No trades get made.

Does Jenkins have any red marks on his character other than what his brother did while he was out of state? I wouldn't mind Jenkins on our team, I don't think he is worth the $14.5 mil he will get the next 2 years though. He has gotten beat quite a bit this season.

Osemele I think would be a good add from the Raiders, as well as looking into what you could get Conley for. I know Conley had the rape allegation, but after an investigation all charges were dropped and I think the accuser admitted to lying about it.

Does Jenkins have any red marks on his character other than what his brother did while he was out of state? I wouldn't mind Jenkins on our team, I don't think he is worth the $14.5 mil he will get the next 2 years though. He has gotten beat quite a bit this season.

Osemele I think would be a good add from the Raiders, as well as looking into what you could get Conley for. I know Conley had the rape allegation, but after an investigation all charges were dropped and I think the accuser admitted to lying about it.

Jenkins smoked pot in college and got kicked out of Florida.

No way they bring in Conley.

Maybe Doc can shed more light on this when more info is released

A.J. Bouye has a walking boot on his left leg. #Jaguars

— Daniel Popper (@danielrpopper) October 25, 2018

I know he plays for the glitter kitties now, but I can't help but be saddened by this. I still want to see Bouye do well

Maybe Doc can shed more light on this when more info is released

A.J. Bouye has a walking boot on his left leg. #Jaguars

— Daniel Popper (@danielrpopper) October 25, 2018

I know he plays for the glitter kitties now, but I can't help but be saddened by this. I still want to see Bouye do well
Bouye has supposedly suffered a calf injury. This could be an explanation for a walking boot, but just as likely is an Achilles tendonitis/tendinosis (remember, the Achilles tendon is the confluence of the distal tendons of the calf muscles, and problems with the this tendon will frequently present as calf tightness and pain).

Bouye has supposedly suffered a calf injury. This could be an explanation for a walking boot, but just as likely is an Achilles tendonitis/tendinosis (remember, the Achilles tendon is the confluence of the distal tendons of the calf muscles, and problems with the this tendon will frequently present as calf tightness and pain).

Lol. He says remember like we really understand what he is posting...

So you think this problem could lead to possibly a much bigger issue with Bouye's achilles?

So you think this problem could lead to possibly a much bigger issue with Bouye's achilles?
For sure (whether calf or Achilles), this season.............as both conditions require significant rest and are prone to recurrence upon return.
Lol. He says remember like we really understand what he is posting...
I only ever understand like 4 words in his post, then the rest leave me scrambling for my sports medicine for dummies book. Unfortunately I never got around to reading my organization for dummies so I can never find it
Sorry. This may help with the anatomic relationship of the calf and the Achilles. The Achilles is essentially the fused tendon of the calf muscles. Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendon and tendinosis is the degeneration of the tendon.

upload_2018-10-26_17-16-17.jpeg

Last edited:
Patriots have a heck of a collection of injuries going into prime time Monday Night Football..........but of course they will be playing the Bills, who are playing like they all are injured.

*****************************************************************************************

Patriots Injury Report Status

OUT

TE Jacob Hollister - Hamstring (LP)
CB Eric Rowe - Groin (DNP)
C Brian Schwenke - Foot (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
RB Sony Michel - Knee (LP)

QUESTIONABLE
T Trent Brown - Ankle (LP)
T Marcus Cannon - Concussion (LP)
WR Josh Gordon - Hamstring (LP)
DE Geneo Grissom - Ankle (LP)
TE Rob Gronkowski - Ankle / Back (LP)
LB Dont'a Hightower - Knee (LP)
DE John Simon - Shoulder (LP)
DE Deatrich Wise - Ankle / Knee (LP)

"Four Jacksonville Jaguars players were arrested on Saturday after allegedly trying to leave a London nightclub without paying a large bar bill.
Police were called at 03:55 BST to a club after reports of a fight.

It has been reported that club security stopped them leaving after failing to settle a tab worth £50,000.

The players, who are set to play an NFL game at Wembley on Sunday, were taken to a police station for questioning but released without further action."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46008877

I mean, beer prices are notoriously high in London, but £50k at the bar on a school night is ridiculous!

"Four Jacksonville Jaguars players were arrested on Saturday after allegedly trying to leave a London nightclub without paying a large bar bill.
Police were called at 03:55 BST to a club after reports of a fight.

It has been reported that club security stopped them leaving after failing to settle a tab worth £50,000.

The players, who are set to play an NFL game at Wembley on Sunday, were taken to a police station for questioning but released without further action."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46008877

I mean, beer prices are notoriously high in London, but £50k at the bar on a school night is ridiculous!
?

50K British pounds = $64K... $16K each... perhaps really expensive lap dances? Beer can't be that expensive if they were walking out

?

50K British pounds = $64K... $16K each... perhaps really expensive lap dances? Beer can't be that expensive if they were walking out
My brother has been stung at a bar in London before now. The prices can be off the charts. Still no idea how you get to 50k though. And to think they are meant to be playing in less than 36 hours.

You'd have to think these are some of their big players as well to be living the high life like that!

My brother has been stung at a bar in London before now. The prices can be off the charts. Still no idea how you get to 50k though. And to think they are meant to be playing in less than 36 hours.

You'd have to think these are some of their big players as well to be living the high life like that!
NFL Network just reported it was 36K not 50K... still a ton of money for one night

This game in London (last one this year?) starting real fugly... two 3-4 teams showing their stuff

Think wine not beer. Plenty of multi-thousand dollar bottles of wine around. $1500-2500 a bottle adds up fast.
Yeah, in my brothers' case it was an unassuming looking cocktail bar and the barman made up 4 cocktails before asking for £180. When the group said they couldn't pay that amount for 4 drinks a signal was made and the bouncers were surrounding them in a flash. Needless to say they took the hit. I'd imagine beer would go up to above £10 a pint in central London but doubtless this kind of bill would have been run up on wine & spirits.

Reactions: JB
Think wine not beer. Plenty of multi-thousand dollar bottles of wine around. $1500-2500 a bottle adds up fast.

$64,000 strip club bill at 4:00 am the night before game? My guess is a combo of shots, cognac, champagne bottles and alot of VIP dances. Jaguars might not win another game. Too many idiots and no leaders.

Edit - Assumed London Reign Showbar was strip club. Can't imagine how to run up 64k on alcohol for group of 4. Maybe they were just last guys there and got stuck

Last edited:
This season, ACLs have already reached the 2014 season total of 45.............

ACL season totals

2017 = 51
2016 = 49
2015 = 50
2014 = 45
2013 = 63

Past patterns have shown that ~1/2 of the number of ACLs in a football year occur prior to the regular season...................29 ACLs were logged in before the beginning of 2018 regular season play.

Last edited:
This season, ACLs have already reached the 2014 season total of 45.............

ACL season totals

2017 = 51
2016 = 49
2015 = 50
2014 = 45
2013 = 63

Past patterns have shown that ~1/2 of the number of ACLs in a football year occur prior to the regular season...................29 ACLs were logged in before the beginning of 2018 regular season play.

What's the season record since 2002?

This, and I assume they went to one of London's most popular clubs, so that will jack the price up for anything A LOT, they probably bought multiple tables which if the club is really popular can be a few thousand a piece, you buy bottles of champagne, wine, higher end cognacs, scothes etc, all probably being charged at over $1000 a pop at a club like that yea I can see how they racked up that ab fairly easily.

This, and I assume they went to one of London's most popular clubs, so that will jack the price up for anything A LOT, they probably bought multiple tables which if the club is really popular can be a few thousand a piece, you buy bottles of champagne, wine, higher end cognacs, scothes etc, all probably being charged at over $1000 a pop at a club like that yea I can see how they racked up that ab fairly easily.

I've never had a scothes... is it really good? :clown:

What's the season record since 2002?
You are as likely to find that answer as you would to find the answer to how many NFL ACLs occurred in 1955. No real injury stats have been closely followed up to 2010..............and from 2010-2013. the stats are still rudimentary and questionably accurate.

You are as likely to find that answer as you would to find the answer to how many NFL ACLs occurred in 1955. No real injury stats have been closely followed up to 2010..............and from 2010-2013. the stats are still rudimentary and questionably accurate.

What I figured... used to be a "knee injury" before we got all technical and sh!t

What I figured... used to be a "knee injury" before we got all technical and sh!t
What I did find is that from 2010-2013, rudimentary stats listed 219 ACLs in those 4 years..........an these were including unlimited practice days and 3-a-days through the offseason, preseason and regular season.............this would more than make up for any recent expansion of the pre regular season rosters............and yet the numbers of ACLs certainly have not decreased after the CBA.

Browns fire Head coach Hue Jackson

they fire all their head coaches after the 2nd steelers game of the year

Browns also fire OC Todd Haley. Most believed today with the disconnect it would be one or the other(Jackson or Haley) being shown the door. Brown's FO decided both needed to go. Baker's career just got that much harder

Both? I don't know, but something impressed you

Sure, Rams with the ball and up by two with about a minute left ... Gurley takes a toss outside, gets past the line with daylight to the endzone and eases up to get tackled by a db to run the rest of the clock instead of taking the almost assured td. Fantasy fans threw a fit, as always, and the line was something like Rams +7.5, so he screwed vegas too. Then when asked about it he said 'forget fantasy and forget vegas', which we can all translate the word forget for what he really meant - and again, I couldn't agree more and can't stop applauding him for it.

If Hard Knock's taught me anything it's that his career just got a new lease on life.

Maybe so, but I know the chance for success for a QB is already very low and those numbers get a lot worse when changing offensive systems from year 1 to year 2. Obviously Goff beat those odds

Sure, Rams with the ball and up by two with about a minute left ... Gurley takes a toss outside, gets past the line with daylight to the endzone and eases up to get tackled by a db to run the rest of the clock instead of taking the almost assured td. Fantasy fans threw a fit, as always, and the line was something like Rams +7.5, so he screwed vegas too. Then when asked about it he said 'forget fantasy and forget vegas', which we can all translate the word forget for what he really meant - and again, I couldn't agree more and can't stop applauding him for it.

I have Gurley, and even I thought it was the smart move. Plus the guy got like 30 points in standard scoring stop being greedy people

Back