Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Network: Texans Needs To Get Back On Track

next year is rebuilding time rather bob likes it or not

and when a new coach comes in he gets a 1 year free pass

so when Case fails these next 3 games the new coach will also Use Matt has a stop gap QB

if he does not like any of these Draft QB's trade the #1 pick for 3 #1 's LOL then maybe some time next year Fire Rick smith when this team is like 3-5 going into the bye

Trade off Foster and ANdre and Stockpile some picks and get rdy for a run in 2015 when the SB is in Houston / thread

If it's our new coaches decision to allocate $10M on a stop gap QB, why would he get the pass & Rick Smith get the axe? Smith & Olsen structured a contract that allows us to part ways with Matt had he not proven he could win a Super Bowl in 2012/2013.

Matt did not prove that, it's time to move on. We can find a much cap-friendlier stop gap than Matt Schaub. Michael Vick would probably be interested in a one year contract. The Bears may decide they can live without Cutler, Cutler would probably welcome a 1 year deal to prove he's still got it.

If it's our new coaches decision to allocate $10M on a stop gap QB, why would he get the pass & Rick Smith get the axe? Smith & Olsen structured a contract that allows us to part ways with Matt had he not proven he could win a Super Bowl in 2012/2013.

Matt did not prove that, it's time to move on. We can find a much cap-friendlier stop gap than Matt Schaub. Michael Vick would probably be interested in a one year contract. The Bears may decide they can live without Cutler, Cutler would probably welcome a 1 year deal to prove he's still got it.

pfff plzzz Cutler is not coming in for the Cheap neither will Vick has crazy has that sounds deff cheaper but if we gave like 4 million to Reed for doing nothing VIck being a QB would want at least 8 Million

either way I hope we can trade the number 1 pick and get a extra pick in the first round and a number 1 pick next year

that way we can get maybe a new guard when wade smith is axed and a OLB

either way fine USe Case or TJ yates has a stop gap QB I could care less

all im saying is if they don't like any of these QB's for the 1st and 2nd round picks then Yeah .... no need blowing the pick

pfff plzzz Cutler is not coming in for the Cheap neither will Vick has crazy has that sounds deff cheaper but if we gave like 4 million to Reed for doing nothing VIck being a QB would want at least 8 Million

Vick is playing on a 1 year $7.5 mil contract this year, mostly in per game roster bonus. Doubt he gets more next year.

until-you-jay-cutler-toughness-demotivational-posters-1295890947.jpg

Interviewing certain personnel from the network, including Charlie Casserly; most experts feel that the Texans are a team ready for a coach to walk-in and go to the playoffs. Kansas City Version II.

Main need: Figure out the QB position. Mold Keenum, acquire Jay Cutler or draft.

Offense: Running Back situation Tate and Foster, two offensive linemen needed.

Defense: Cornerback

Special Teams: Coach them.

Fairly straightforward and fixable, provided a coach is hired who is flexible and disciplinarian...like Bob said: Energetic!
That sounds like typical talking head gibberish from people who don't really follow the team. Pure BS from BS artists. This team has several deep holes that one draft may patch it to playoff contention, but 9-7 or 8-8 can get you there, depending on the season but won;t get you there year in and year out.

I want our team to be like the Pats and Steelers not the Texans, Bucs, Rams or Cards.

That sounds like typical talking head gibberish from people who don't really follow the team. Pure BS from BS artists. This team has several deep holes that one draft may patch it to playoff contention, but 9-7 or 8-8 can get you there, depending on the season but won;t get you there year in and year out.

I want our team to be like the Pats and Steelers not the Texans, Bucs, Rams or Cards.

what did or do the steelers and pats have Winning Pocket passing QB's

That's what we need Nuff said and everything else will fall into place

SO I guess we just roll dat dice on TEDDY !!!!!!!!!!

As for this Clowney ****head, no. Even if the specifics of these accusations aren't true, I don't want anyone that even has QUESTIONS about their work ethic and motor. Top to bottom, the draft needs to be ANIMALS in the mold of JJ Watt and Brian Cushing.

You mean the Brian Cushing that had PED accusations? Methinks we've reached the point where we don't appreciate how special Watt is and assume everyone should act like him. And for all we know, Clowney does.

Oh hey the joke is women, haha I get it :toropalm:

You mean the Brian Cushing that had PED accusations? Methinks we've reached the point where we don't appreciate how special Watt is and assume everyone should act like him. And for all we know, Clowney does.

Oh hey the joke is women, haha I get it :toropalm:

Actually the joke is about Jay Cutler. :)

Only difference between Schaub and Cutler is that 1 throws 50 yd InTs the other 20 yds.

Clowney is scratched from my list after some digging. Go Barr and have 2 beserker pass rushers if defense is the route.

For me its Teddy B <winki>

This is just a smear campaign on Clowney.

I read somewhere that while he wasn't in great shape he wasn't a problem and made plenty of plays this yr.

If they get a chance to sign Cutler they should do it and strengthen the trenches. Getting Cutler means cutting JoJo. (Not going to happen)

Don't really get the Cutler and Vick love. Cutler hasn't had a good year since he and Shanahan were split up. I'm not even sure he's had a full season since then.

I don't think Vick's been healthy since being out of the joint.

Don't really get the Cutler and Vick love. Cutler hasn't had a good year since he and Shanahan were split up. I'm not even sure he's had a full season since then.

I don't think Vick's been healthy since being out of the joint.

Cutler has been injured each season since 2009 (his 1st season in Chicago).

Vick has 1 healthy season in his career.

Offense: QB situation (Cut Schaub & Yates, keep Keenum as current starter or #2, sign a rook and a vet? Vet for guidance and leadership...aka....cheap contract....aka #3 QB) Right side of O-Line, slot receiver or a solid #2 TE if Daniels leaves, and clear cut backup RB if tate goes

Defense: Nickle Cornerbacks (1 or 2 or 3, id like to give K.J and J-jo a break sometime throughout the game), ILB/OLBs (at least 1 more even if cush returns, release reed or find a better outside pass rush), FS (I feel like swearinger will develop where d.manning leaves off, leaving a hole at FS and im not a Keo fan other than his blitz option) and DE, because our defense changes with Watt off the field and realistically this a good depth move. Instead of wearing out your best def player every play. Develop Clowney behind Watt.

Special Teams: Adjust schemes, new coordinator

Coaching: New HC, OC, and DC (unless wade magically shows he can adjust in 3 games and not just man blitz every other play)

I didn't say cheap. I said one year deal.

Back