Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Draft 2010: Day 3

Unforgivable?

Back away from the hyperbole keyboard....it's a 7th round pick.

unforgiveable.JPG

LMAO.. I think it is just my POV but boy it seems that they DO NOT like talking about the Texans much

either a commercial or like now .. rich called an audible and they are talking about Blount

So what do you guys think, how many TEs will we pick up as UFA?

Well it seems like one of those 2TEs might end up as FB, the other as HB in short yardage situations... but with guys like Warren still on the board I don`t understand this pick.

But really, you can`t argue much about a 7th round pick that is clearly one of the best players available...

If you calm down enough to simply read his profile, you'll realize that the Texans are certainly drafting him because they think he's the best athlete left on the board and will give them versatility. They are always looking for guys like this to contribute on special teams.

wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffff te!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not legernat blont!

Dey turk urd jerbssss!???!?!?

Maybe the Texans view him as a WR; after all, he is 220lbs, 6'1, and runs a 4.40. Not to mention playing the WR position in the Senior Bowl practices/game.

I like these versatile guys in the late stages of the draft. Some of these guys are just pure athletes that haven't found their niche yet. I'm not saying that they will necessarily work out, but its worth a shot for a 7th rounder.

I like these versatile guys in the late stages of the draft. Some of these guys are just pure athletes that haven't found their niche yet. I'm not saying that they will necessarily work out, but its worth a shot for a 7th rounder.

Perhaps he's versatile enought to play FS? Apparently he played some LB in college. If he ran a 4.40 and can jump 3.5 feet in the air, then maybe he can play a little centerfield?

Unforgivable?

Back away from the hyperbole keyboard....it's a 7th round pick.

No, it is. 7th rounders are for depth. Not drafting a player that will never see the field. We have 7 players (OD, Leach, Dreeson, Hill, Casey, Graham and Dickerson) to fill the FB and TE spots. Where are we going to cut to fit all these guys in?

No, it is. 7th rounders are for depth. Not drafting a player that will never see the field. We have 7 players (OD, Leach, Dreeson, Hill, Casey, Graham and Dickerson) to fill the FB and TE spots. Where are we going to cut to fit all these guys in?

Easy, we just have a 53 man roster with only 2 safeties on it. No problem! Safeties aren't really important anyway. That will open up two roste spots!

Perhaps he's versatile enought to play FS? Apparently he played some LB in college. If he ran a 4.40 and can jump 3.5 feet in the air, then maybe he can play a little centerfield?

Would not be surprised to see them give him a shot at WLB. FB as well and ST monster. Football player.

I dont care if he was BPA. Another freaking TE? What are we trying to do, field a team of TEs? This is asinine. I came to terms with the other one. But this is unforgivable.

Mike Mayock, NFL Network
Here's a few of the recent picks that have caught my eye:

Denver drafted one of my favorite players in all of college football, Syd'quan Thompson. He's one of the most physical cornerbacks I've watched on tape. He's got quick fit, he's a tough kid, and he competes on every single snap of every single game. The problem is that you can't run 4.7 or 4.75 at his size and expect the NFL to draft you high. He will compete for a roster spot because of his intangibles and his toughness. An old-time GM once told me that short and slow is bad for a CB.

After that, with the very next pick the Rams took George Selvie from South Florida. He had a huge sophomore season followed by injuries and the arrival of Jason Pierre-Paul this season. His stock fell, but he's a tough and competitive kid who can get after the QB.

After Selvie, the Texans took Dorin Dickerson, who I had given a second-round grade to. He's an undersized H-back with explosive skills. He caught 49 passes for Pitt this season, 10 of which went for TDs. I knew my evaluation of him was too optimistic, but I don't understand why he fell all the way to the seventh round. He's an athletic mismatch, and I think the Texans got a steal.

Mike Mayock, NFL Network
Here's a few of the recent picks that have caught my eye:

Denver drafted one of my favorite players in all of college football, Syd'quan Thompson. He's one of the most physical cornerbacks I've watched on tape. He's got quick fit, he's a tough kid, and he competes on every single snap of every single game. The problem is that you can't run 4.7 or 4.75 at his size and expect the NFL to draft you high. He will compete for a roster spot because of his intangibles and his toughness. An old-time GM once told me that short and slow is bad for a CB.

After that, with the very next pick the Rams took George Selvie from South Florida. He had a huge sophomore season followed by injuries and the arrival of Jason Pierre-Paul this season. His stock fell, but he's a tough and competitive kid who can get after the QB.

After Selvie, the Texans took Dorin Dickerson, who I had given a second-round grade to. He's an undersized H-back with explosive skills. He caught 49 passes for Pitt this season, 10 of which went for TDs. I knew my evaluation of him was too optimistic, but I don't understand why he fell all the way to the seventh round. He's an athletic mismatch, and I think the Texans got a steal.

Right, he is a hell of an athlete. But why did we take a TE in the 4th? There are only so many roster spots for the position. I understand BPA, but we have so many talented players now that people are not going to get the ball.

I actually like the pick a lot. LOL. He's not a true TE so relax people. He could potentially play TE, HB, FB or WR. Much like the last pick, speed to burn and a terrific athlete. I thought he was a mid round pick, maybe in the 4th. Great value as a 7th. Boom or bust type - not in relation to where he was picked as much as just a guy who either isn't going to find a home position and could be gone quickly or could really develop and be a major contributor. I like these types of "athletes with trememdous upside" picks late in the draft rather than drafting for someone you think might be limited physically and hoping they hang on to back up somewhere.

What if there is a trade in the works? unlikely, but possible.

I thought with the drafting of Graham and the fact that OD has yet to get a deal could mean that he could be traded for a FS or DT. I thought the current TE's were fine and this team had other needs, but who knows.

I'm cool with the other TE because of the fact that it looks like a BPA pick. A 6th rounder isn't going to have much of a chance to get on the team but he may be a situational type player. I don't believe the TEs say anything about OD but I think it says much about the other ones on the roster. Dreesen, although good, wasn't too productive and had surgery. Hill had surgery. The team may have felt that since the TE we selected last year (his name escapes me right now) has now learned the TE position and we can now put him in the backup FB/HB position now and use him for what we selected him for - to be the versatile pick we liked.

Right, he is a hell of an athlete. But why did we take a TE in the 4th? There are only so many roster spots for the position. I understand BPA, but we have so many talented players now that people are not going to get the ball.

And could you ever say that about the Texans before?

I actually like the pick a lot. LOL. He's not a true TE so relax people. He could potentially play TE, HB, FB or WR. Much like the last pick, speed to burn and a terrific athlete. I thought he was a mid round pick, maybe in the 4th. Great value as a 7th. Boom or bust type - not in relation to where he was picked as much as just a guy who either isn't going to find a home position and could be gone quickly or could really develop and be a major contributor. I like these types of "athletes with trememdous upside" picks late in the draft rather than drafting for someone you think might be limited physically and hoping they hang on to back up somewhere.

I like taking these types of chances in the 6th or 7th, not the 3rd (JJ anyone?)

I like the way you are thinking. A couple inches taller than Earl Thomas and Eric Berry, but faster.

Matt's pretty good at distributing the ball, Andre just wants to win. If he's open, he'll get the ball.

New rule put in place this season is a team can have extra roster spots, but they have to carry at least 10 TEs to get them.

One thing this administration understands that the previous one didn't is that you have to give your QB some weapons.

This guy takes Glenn Martinez' spot as a WR/ST player.

How about that? Does that make it easier to swallow?

This guy takes Glenn Martinez' spot as a WR/ST player.

How about that? Does that make it easier to swallow?

Damn, that is the second time you have calmed me down. This is spooky. If this happens, I am cool with it. Davis gets cut, Holliday takes return duties.

WR- Johnson, Jones, Walter, Anderson, Holliday, Dickerson

TE- OD, Dreeson, Hill, Graham

FB- Leach, Casey

I could live with it. I still thing one of the picks should have been at another position, but I could live with it.

Damn, that is the second time you have calmed me down. This is spooky. If this happens, I am cool with it. Davis gets cut, Holliday takes return duties.

WR- Johnson, Jones, Walter, Anderson, Holliday, Dickerson

TE- OD, Dreeson, Hill, Graham

FB- Leach, Casey

I could live with it. I still thing one of the picks should have been at another position, but I could live with it.

Also, we don't know about Hill's health. We've got Dickerson and Casey who can cover two spots.

You line up with Dickerson in the slot, Casey at FB, and OD at TE. Then you add AJ and KW. Damn. Who you gonna cover?

Given his size and speed I think he's going to be moved to WR and play in the slot. We'll see though.

Kubiak just said that they'll play Dickerson as a WR.

"Line him up behind Andre and let him learn from the best" - Kubiak

Back