Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL 2015 Divisional Games

Here's hoping for a Green Bay/Pats Super Bowl.

I don't like Seattle and hate the Colts, regardless who their qb is. I hope the Colts only sniff the playoffs and never get to the Super Bowl. :texflag:

IMO he made a football move by reaching the ball toward the endzone. How anybody can say with certainty that Dez didn't consciously try to go for the endzone there is crazy. I'm not a Cowboy fan, I don't feel sorry for the Cowboys or their fans. I just thought the refs got this call wrong.

He didn't reach the ball towards the end zone. His momentum and stretching out one arm to brace his fall were part of his natural falling motion. He made no obvious attempt (e.g. a football move) to get into the end zone.

Article 3, Item 1

You can hate the rule, but you can't hate the call

Catch_zps66aba1c0.jpg

He didn't reach the ball towards the end zone. His momentum and stretching out one arm to brace his fall were part of his natural falling motion. He made no obvious attempt (e.g. a football move) to get into the end zone.

To me, it looked like he was naturally going to fall at the 1-yard-line and decided to reach for the endzone and came up inches short.

How he would have naturally fallen at the 1-yard-line.
dez-bryant-catch.jpg

Dez coming inches shy of the endzone.
dez-bryant-catch-overturned.jpg

Dez Bryant said:
"I tried to stretch. Come on, man. I wasn't off balance. I was trying to stretch for the end zone.

To me, that's a football move and the play should have stood as called on the field. I'm not a Cowboy fan and this actually gives me some ammunition to screw with some of my relatives who are.. so I have no problems seeing the Cowboys eliminated. :troll:

To me, it looked like he was naturally going to fall at the 1-yard-line and decided to reach for the endzone and came up inches short.

How he would have naturally fallen at the 1-yard-line.
dez-bryant-catch.jpg

Dez coming inches shy of the endzone.
dez-bryant-catch-overturned.jpg

To me, that's a football move and the play should have stood as called on the field. I'm not a Cowboy fan and this actually gives me some ammunition to screw with some of my relatives who are.. so I have no problems seeing the Cowboys eliminated. :troll:

I like Dez, & I would love for that to have been ruled a catch, because it was frigg'n amazing.

But just like there was no reason to throw the ball 30+ yards down the field on 4 & 2, there was no reason for him to stretch anything. He should have wrapped both hands around the ball & secured the catch.

Then there would be no question.

I think they got hosed. IT was ruled a catch, then overturned... pretty shoddy reasoning.

But had he just focused on catching the ball & not going for the TD.... there'd be no question.

I understand heat of the moment & in those moments, we're going to be who we're going to be. But a smart player would have secured the catch. A meglomaniac would try for a TD.

IT was 4th & 2, with plenty of time on the clock. The only thing that should have mattered was the catch.

I don't like the "Calvin Johnson" rule. Bryant caught the ball, came down with 2 feet in the field of play with the ball in his possession, then hit the ground. Where the ball came out. For me, that's possession and the ground can't cause a fumble. But...

There is the "Calvin Johnson" rule. And by that ridiculous rule, that was an in completion. It needs to be changed. Just like the tuck rule was changed. Just like the force out rule was changed. And pass interference, defenseless player, and many others need to be modified. It's a flawed sport.

Still love it, though.

I thought it was a catch but then again I think the Calvin Johnson rule is stupid. I think the officials made the correct call by the rules to overturn it. All that said, it never mattered because GB went right down the field and was in scoring position just while trying to ice the clock. I've no doubts they win that game regardless of the Dez play.

Also, it's my opinion that Seattle / Green Bay is the real Super Bowl. To me, those are the two best teams in the league and I don't see NE or Indy beating either in the real game.

The correct question is did the replay clearly show he DID NOT make an attempt to get into the end zone because the ruling on the field was he did.

Exactly & IMO he clearly made an attempt to stretch the ball toward the end zone.

I like Dez, & I would love for that to have been ruled a catch, because it was frigg'n amazing.

But just like there was no reason to throw the ball 30+ yards down the field on 4 & 2, there was no reason for him to stretch anything. He should have wrapped both hands around the ball & secured the catch.

Then there would be no question.

I think they got hosed. IT was ruled a catch, then overturned... pretty shoddy reasoning.

But had he just focused on catching the ball & not going for the TD.... there'd be no question.

I understand heat of the moment & in those moments, we're going to be who we're going to be. But a smart player would have secured the catch. A meglomaniac would try for a TD.

IT was 4th & 2, with plenty of time on the clock. The only thing that should have mattered was the catch.

Oh, I agree with this 100%. On 4th & 2 Dez should have secured the catch before worrying about the TD, but that's the type of player Dez is. The safe play of securing the catch would have given the Cowboys the ball inside the three.

Also, it's my opinion that Seattle / Green Bay is the real Super Bowl. To me, those are the two best teams in the league and I don't see NE or Indy beating either in the real game.

I actually think NE would be the best match up for Seattle. Especially with A-Rod hurt. It's a good thing the SB's at a neutral site, because I don't see any of the remaining teams beating Seattle in Seattle right now.

If Rodgers was 100% I might agree with you

I actually think NE would be the best match up for Seattle. Especially with A-Rod hurt. It's a good thing the SB's at a neutral site, because I don't see any of the remaining teams beating Seattle in Seattle right now.

If Rodgers was 100% I might agree with you

Wouldn't that be sweet? Russell Wilson beats both Manning & Brady in the Super Bowl...

New England doesn't beat Seattle with that pitiful running game. Brady alone keeps them close and if they can run they will win.

GB has the best shot, but I still like Seattle to win the whole thing though. Dallas and Baltimore matched up the best against them and they're both out. Seattle is built to beat these remaining teams.

Seattle going for that Dynasty

I cant believe Matt schaub and the Texans almost beat this team 3 years ago

for a loonnnggg time it seemed like any team that won the AFC south divison had to go through Pats or Denver but in the next few years maybe the AFC south with always win the number 1 or 2 seed

and anyone from the east and north will have to go through Indy...Sadly or Chargers/raiders

Karma's a b$#@, screw the cowboys. In the Detroit game Dallas got some horrible calls in their favor that helped them turn the game. This week they were on the other side of it. Soon as I seen that ball flopping up outta his hands when he hit the ground i figured it'd be overturned.

People talking about the Calvin Johnson rule is a bad rule...that rule was only created b/c of another controversial catch in the playoffs..the Bert Emanuel catch/no-catch in the 1999 NFC championship game TB vs. STL.

I could care less if the colts win the SB again that just means higher draft pick for them ...... LOL

It's gonna be tough to change that rule. You have to have a way to clearly define what a catch is. Right now, it's pretty clear that if you are falling down, you better hold onto it, no matter how many steps you take.

If you change it, I would expect a bunch of incomplete passes turn into catch/fumbles.

I'd rather the Seahawks win, but my prediction is still the Pats.

Same here. Nothing against Brady, I just want to see someone else go back-to-back.
Brady can win year after next... after we win next year.
:texflag:

Back