Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

New Tailgate Policy

There lies another problem, who's to say others say close friends/family members meets up with someone at the fence and hands em their ticket to get in and continues the cycle? Then say personnel says no to that as well?

That is a loop hole and they probably will stop it after a while. Another loop hole would be to pay the 1.95 and print a copy of your ticket then make copies of that printed ticket and give them out to your buddies and use those to tailgate beacause they are not going to scan them for you to tailgate.

That is a loop hole and they probably will stop it after a while. Another loop hole would be to pay the 1.95 and print a copy of your ticket then make copies of that printed ticket and give them out to your buddies and use those to tailgate beacause they are not going to scan them for you to tailgate.

We for one do not know if they are going to scan them or not...I would assume they will, as then why would they limit it to 2000. If one scans and then the others do not, well you know then it is a copy.. sorry sir, you were scammed and I would suggest taking that up with the Texans..
This keeps STH from doing that knowing they could lose their tickets...

We for one do not know if they are going to scan them or not...I would assume they will, as then why would they limit it to 2000. If one scans and then the others do not, well you know then it is a copy.. sorry sir, you were scammed and I would suggest taking that up with the Texans..
This keeps STH from doing that knowing they could lose their tickets...

But if they scan them then we would not be able to use them again to get in to the actual game huh?

But if they scan them then we would not be able to use them again to get in to the actual game huh?

I was refering to the tailgate pass... did not actually think gameday ticket.
As for the tailgating during the game, that is when you better have the tailgate ticket...Might not scan them, might have a official stamp they stamp on it so it shows it was already used to gain access... Gameday ticket wont be scanned until you go into the gate inside the stadium..

If this becomes confirmed (and I tend to believe it will be):

There was a caller into 610, who identified himself as having a sister working ticket parking, stating that the reason that season ticket holders couldn't even get into their paid for-parking lots (because they were full) is that on-site $50 dollar parking lot tickets were being sold to non ticket holders..........and he was one of them. He stated that this accounted for an additional $30,000 into the coffers of Bob McNair. He also stated that the NFL contacted the Texans, ordering them to stop this practice immediately.

610 Vandemeer will be looking into this. If this is indeed the case, it and other unknown Texans practices may be related to an adverse NFL response and the immediate implimentation of the "new policy." If the facts are confirmed, it's a pretty sad self-generated situation.

I was refering to the tailgate pass... did not actually think gameday ticket.
As for the tailgating during the game, that is when you better have the tailgate ticket...Might not scan them, might have a official stamp they stamp on it so it shows it was already used to gain access... Gameday ticket wont be scanned until you go into the gate inside the stadium..

I think your right though, they probably will scan the tailgate tickets because a stamp would not help much if one person made 100 copies of the same ticket.

I think your right though, they probably will scan the tailgate tickets because a stamp would not help much if one person made 100 copies of the same ticket.

I was meaning a stamp AT the gate... so once it has been stamped, it will have been shown to have been used already that day !

If this becomes confirmed (and I tend to believe it will be):

There was a caller into 610, who identified himself as having a sister working ticket parking, stating that the reason that season ticket holders couldn't even get into their paid for-parking lots (because they were full) is that on-site $50 dollar parking lot tickets were being sold to non ticket holders..........and he was one of them. He stated that this accounted for an additional $30,000 into the coffers of Bob McNair. He also stated that the NFL contacted the Texans, ordering them to stop this practice immediately.

610 Vandemeer will be looking into this. If this is indeed the case, it and other unknown Texans practices may be related to an adverse NFL response and the immediate implimentation of the "new policy." If the facts are confirmed, it's a pretty sad self-generated situation.

I heard that, too. This could open up a much bigger can of worms

Sorry folks, I like the new policy. Best thing they ever did!! Sure will eliminate all those HOUSTON TITAN fans who think they can just walk in and take over our lots like the Cowboy fans did this past Sunday. Houston is split three ways when it comes to football fans. Texans, Titans, and Cowboys! I'm sorry!!! Reliant is HOME TO THE TEXANS, not those other jerks!! I'll support this policy 100% If Texan fans want to tailgate, let them buy a ticket. I sure as hell had to.

Sorry folks, I like the new policy. Best thing they ever did!! Sure will eliminate all those HOUSTON TITAN fans who think they can just walk in and take over our lots like the Cowboy fans did this past Sunday. Houston is split three ways when it comes to football fans. Texans, Titans, and Cowboys! I'm sorry!!! Reliant is HOME TO THE TEXANS, not those other jerks!! I'll support this policy 100% If Texan fans want to tailgate, let them buy a ticket. I sure as hell had to.

I agree with you totally to a certain point....Would you be open if they modified the policy? Say, charge 10 bucks per person that walk-in and limit each parking pass to 5 people per vehicle or something like that?

:clap:

I think the issue is people that don't have a parking pass OR a ticket to the game. Strangers are just wandering over to the tailgates and joining in the parties, with neither tickets to the game OR a parking pass. I would imagine that if you have a parking pass, it should suffice as a "team-issued credential". I don't think they're going to be stopping people with parking passes from entering the parking lot.

Don't forget people who buy passes on Ebay and have no game tickets. That adds to the problem. Then they bring 10 friends and all get loaded and roudy.....

Someone on 610 said they were selling cash passes at the Cowgirls game, if so, shame on the Texans (another caller said he had a blue pass, got there at 10:30 and couldn't find a space).

Two interesting facts I heard last night on Barry Warner's show:

HPD estimates that the number of people on Reliant property last Sunday to be between 150,000 to 175,000. That's mind-boggling considering that only 70,000 of those could actually be at the game. So there are 80,000-105,000 in the lots drinking their asses off while the game was being played. That could be a problem...

The other stat was that 84% of those arrested for fighting did not have a ticket to the game.

While I'm like Herv and don't quite understand tailgating but not going to the game (I'd much rater watch my own HD tv with DVR from my comfy leather easy chair than be in a parking lot trying to watch it around a glare), I think the Texans screwed the pooch with this one. They sold the extra parking passes and they have sold the idea of tailgating to everyone since the beginning. This decision, while understandable, is more knee-jerk than anything else. I expect it to be amended as time goes on and they see what does and doesn't work.

Texans rep said this morning that they will be checking ALL pedestrians for tickets, so if you're meeting someone there for a ticket, you'd better plan that meeting in advance (same for will call).

I hear fights breaking out were part of the reason for this new policy.

From the horses mouth:

1. extra traffic
2. problems parking
3. 'incidents' (leading me to believe arrests happen more to folks without game tickets)

I'm FOR. At first I was thinking 'no fun league' but this morning I liked the policy. I have to ask - how does this affect me? Sorry if I get flamed for this:

1. Getting from my tailgate to the stadium has been increasingly difficult due to volume of people. As the Texans get better and better (hopefully?) this volume will only increase unless something is done.

2. Getting home has become increasingly difficult, I am guessing for the same reason.

3. Though we have never had the issue (thought Blue Crew has), I would imagine theft is 95% from people without game tickets.

I would guess (no facts to back this up) that most of the loud and roudy dance party tailagtes (the folks who yell foul things as you walk by) are more non ticketed folks and less ticketed folks.

4. We have one friend who some times comes to the game and does not have a ticket. I will be happy to buy the $10 ticket for him.

My only complaint is that I think the Texans should outright ban resale of the $10 ticket - I think it defeats the purpose if 1500 end up on Ebay and then honest season ticket holders need some so the Texans release even more.

That way they could make SOME attempt at getting them off of Ebay, Stubhub, etc.

If you have a buddy who doesn't have a ticket, help him get the $10 ticket.

If you buy a parking pass on Ebay and bring 10 people just to party in the parking lot and no one has tickets, well, I'm not sure you have a right to be there....?

they have sold the idea of tailgating to everyone since the beginning. This decision, while understandable, is more knee-jerk than anything else.)

Has this been confirmed?

If the Texans sold cash passes thus eliminating the spots of season ticket holders who pre-paid their parking, that's kinda' awful.

I got 4 for each or the remaining homegame so I am good.

I just hope that they actually enforce it, and I didnt pay for nothing.

I'm 100 percent for this policy. Guys, you will not believe how long it took us to navigate our way into Reliant Park to our lot in our car. It was ridiculus. It was at least an hour just in the car creeping along in traffic around the stadium. I was like a little kid, staring at Reliant right in front of me, but thinking I was never going to get there.

The problem this creates is that it creates jams everywhere: The streets surrounding the lots, entrances, and the lots themselves. And, to make matters worse, it also created a huge logjam at the actual gates because people were scrambling to get inside the stadium at the same time. We were in line a good half hour just to get inside the freaking stadium!

I'm one of those "must be in my seat by kickoff" people, and we BARELY made it, despite leaving for the stadium 2 hours early.

And, I hate to be one of those "I'm a PSL holder" kinds of people, but, the bottom line is, I AM a PSL and parking pass owner, and they need to fix this. I'm all for partying and having a good time, but it's more important to get people in their seats on time for kickoff.

Don't forget people who buy passes on Ebay and have no game tickets. That adds to the problem. Then they bring 10 friends and all get loaded and roudy.....

I am confused. With this new policy you cant bring 10 friends with a single pass. All must have a game ticket or tailgating pass.

Or are you saying Pre-policy this was an issue?

From the horses mouth:

1. extra traffic
2. problems parking
3. 'incidents' (leading me to believe arrests happen more to folks without game tickets)

I'm FOR. At first I was thinking 'no fun league' but this morning I liked the policy. I have to ask - how does this affect me? Sorry if I get flamed for this:

1. Getting from my tailgate to the stadium has been increasingly difficult due to volume of people. As the Texans get better and better (hopefully?) this volume will only increase unless something is done.

2. Getting home has become increasingly difficult, I am guessing for the same reason.

3. Though we have never had the issue (thought Blue Crew has), I would imagine theft is 95% from people without game tickets.

I would guess (no facts to back this up) that most of the loud and roudy dance party tailagtes (the folks who yell foul things as you walk by) are more non ticketed folks and less ticketed folks.

4. We have one friend who some times comes to the game and does not have a ticket. I will be happy to buy the $10 ticket for him.

My only complaint is that I think the Texans should outright ban resale of the $10 ticket - I think it defeats the purpose if 1500 end up on Ebay and then honest season ticket holders need some so the Texans release even more.

That way they could make SOME attempt at getting them off of Ebay, Stubhub, etc.

If you have a buddy who doesn't have a ticket, help him get the $10 ticket.

If you buy a parking pass on Ebay and bring 10 people just to party in the parking lot and no one has tickets, well, I'm not sure you have a right to be there....?

But doesn't everyone have a "buddy" who we would like to get in to just tailgate? I hear people say yeah great, no ticket no get, but the same people who either directly or indirectly are associated with eachother want certain people not to come in except "their" people/friends. There a lot of respectable tailgate crews out there who have people that help out, cook, set-up and everything, and those do not go to games because they are busy preparing and making sure everyone is having a good time. So should everyone just close up shop because the game is about to start and not enjoy it outdoors with respectable friends as part of the experience too?
So what is it that do they want? No one except people with game tickets? Then whats the point of extra tailgate tickets if they have no game ticket either?

I am confused. With this new policy you cant bring 10 friends with a single pass. All must have a game ticket or tailgating pass.

Or are you saying Pre-policy this was an issue?

Parking passes are only sold to season ticket holders (except maybe for the SNAFU last weekend).

So if you buy a parking pass on Ebay and have no game tickets, then load up your car with 10 other people who have no game tickets and roll into the parking lot solely to the party, I'm not sure IMHO that thay add anything positive to the atmosphere.

*edit*

Yes, pre-policy there were a lot of people buying parking passes and tailgating and no one with that group had game tickets. Those people, it is believed, are more likely to get sloshed and roudy that groups who go into the game.

But doesn't everyone have a "buddy" who we would like to get in to just tailgate? I hear people say yeah great, no ticket no get, but the same people who either directly or indirectly are associated with eachother want certain people not to come in except "their" people/friends. There a lot of respectable tailgate crews out there who have people that help out, cook, set-up and everything, and those do not go to games because they are busy preparing and making sure everyone is having a good time. So should everyone just close up shop because the game is about to start and not enjoy it outdoors with respectable friends as part of the experience too?
So what is it that do they want? No one except people with game tickets? Then whats the point of extra tailgate tickets if they have no game ticket either?

I'm not sure I understand - then why not buy the $10 tailgating ticket for your buddy/helpers? problem solved?

Ok so the tailgating 10.00 ticket means you can stay outside and not go to the game yes?

Yes.

They will sell 2,000 per game, limit 4 per season ticket holder.

I'm sure 1500 are already on Ebay, but I think this will work in theory.

Jamie Roots sounded like they would make exceptions if needed to the 2,000 limit rule.

Yes.

They will sell 2,000 per game, limit 4 per season ticket holder.

I'm sure 1500 are already on Ebay, but I think this will work in theory.

Jamie Roots sounded like they would make exceptions if needed to the 2,000 limit rule.

That does sound better I agree.

Parking passes are only sold to season ticket holders (except maybe for the SNAFU last weekend).

So if you buy a parking pass on Ebay and have no game tickets, then load up your car with 10 other people who have no game tickets and roll into the parking lot solely to the party, I'm not sure IMHO that thay add anything positive to the atmosphere.

*edit*

Yes, pre-policy there were a lot of people buying parking passes and tailgating and no one with that group had game tickets. Those people, it is believed, are more likely to get sloshed and roudy that groups who go into the game.

Agreed. Lets hope the new policy is enforced and those free riders get turned away with the parking pass up their ass.

I wonder how they came up with "up to 2000" will be sold, with up to 4 per season ticket holder, based on about 62,000 total season ticket holders?

Or make a limit per car and if they exceed that charge 10-20 bucks...

No.... I am hearing second hand that season ticket holders who showed up a bit later could not find parking in the lot they paid to park in 5 months ago because of parking passes being sold at the gate - which has been against policy for a year or two now.

2,000 should be a good number, my concern is how many of these are going straight to Ebay?

No.... I am hearing second hand that season ticket holders who showed up a bit later could not find parking in the lot they paid to park in 5 months ago because of parking passes being sold at the gate - which has been against policy for a year or two now.

2,000 should be a good number, my concern is how many of these are going straight to Ebay?[/QUOTE]

Will the Season Ticket Holder be responsible for the actions of their tailgate guest ticket holder? Yes. The Season Ticket Holder who purchased the tailgate guest ticket will be held responsible for the actions of their guest. If a disturbance occurs the Season Ticket Holder will be subject to removal from the property, revocation of their season ticket and/or parking pass.

Well then if said person sells passes and then the group gets out of hand, then my friend, stupid you for selling them to someone you do not know and I hope you enjoyed your seats, as you could very well lose them..

2,000 should be a good number, my concern is how many of these are going straight to Ebay?

I would guess quite a bit now that there's a demand for them. So the prices will definitely be gouged again.

They are already on there...saw four running for $150.00

2,000 should be a good number, my concern is how many of these are going straight to Ebay?[/QUOTE]

Will the Season Ticket Holder be responsible for the actions of their tailgate guest ticket holder? Yes. The Season Ticket Holder who purchased the tailgate guest ticket will be held responsible for the actions of their guest. If a disturbance occurs the Season Ticket Holder will be subject to removal from the property, revocation of their season ticket and/or parking pass.

Well then if said person sells passes and then the group gets out of hand, then my friend, stupid you for selling them to someone you do not know and I hope you enjoyed your seats, as you could very well lose them..

That, too.

I moreso meant - let's say as a season ticket holder you have a few folks who need the tailgate ticket. You call the Texans and they say 'sorry, sold out.' You check Ebay and find 1,500 for that game at a huge mark up.

I would HOPE that the Texans would hook you up, but that is my concern for legit season ticket holders who don't know months in advance they will need there opposed to the brokers/scalpers/resellers who I assume are buying the max for every game.

I just saw this on ABC 13 news. I saw them interview Texans Chick.

EVERYONE needs to rep her for openly calling Cowgirls fans idiots on the news. That was EPIC!

:clap::clap::clap:

I wouldn't call them all idiots because we had some sitting close by and they were pretty cool.

I wouldn't call them all idiots because we had some sitting close by and they were pretty cool.

And it was not just Dallas fan that was the problem... Both sides were as much to blame.. I saw plenty of stupid Texans fans as well..Add a match to some gasoline and it will ignite..and that is what happened.. I do not blame any one teams fans for the firestorm, that would be wrong to do..I shake my head more at the so called "adults" who acted in such a manner !! Idiots, each and every one !!

And it was not just Dallas fan that was the problem... Both sides were as much to blame.. I saw plenty of ***** Texans fans as well..Add a match to some gasoline and it will ignite..and that is what happened.. I do not blame any one teams fans for the firestorm, that would be wrong to do..I shake my head more at the so called "adults" who acted in such a manner !! Idiots, each and every one !!

I blame the bandwagon fans Texans fans and Cowboy fans who heard this was going to be a big deal and came with the sole intent of getting hammered beyond belief in the parking lot. Let's keep those folks from getting in :bat:

*edit* now my words make sense :)

I blame the bandwagon fans Texans fans and Cowboy fans who heard this was going to show up and came with the sole intent of getting hammered beyond belief in the parking lot. Let's keep those folks from getting in :bat:

Indeed... as I saw at least a dozen or so called "adults" already hammered at 9:00 in the morning.. I mean really, it is 9 and you have already pounded several beers and shots or whatever.. We've only just finished setting up our area and here are these idiots already blitzed.. amazing !!

I also has these questions, since it has a bearing on my ability to watch future games, so I emailed the following to the feedback line. Do you think I will get a response?

While I understand the reasons behind this move, it does present problems for many fans. I occasionally get to attend the game through the good graces of a friend that has bought an extra season ticket for that purpose. It is usually impossible to meet before the game, so I meet him at his tailgate in the platinum lot, and pick up my ticket there. How am I going to be able to do this in the future? Are you now trying to imply that ticket holders cannot sell or give them away? Or that you want only season ticker holders there? Or maybe, just if you get a gracious gift from a friend then that friend has to be inconvienced to meet you before the game to give you a ticket? There has to be a better way. Maybe you could just check people in the lot after the game starts? That would accomplish what you are wanting to achieve in regards to the non-ticketed enjoying the gameday experience, without putting undue hardship on the fans that want to also attend the game that are beneficial of a friends generosity.

Looking forward to your response.

Texan JB

edit: I meant to add that it would also help get ticket holders into the game on-time, as they would not want to deal with the hassle.

Got a response to my e-mail this morning.

JB,

There are several options for you to get to the game with your friend. First your friend could purchase a tailgate guest pass and mail it to you prior to attending the game and you would be granted access to the parking lot of your choice. Second your friend could mail you the game ticket prior to the game. Third your friend can have the game ticket or the tailgate guest pass put in will call and you would be allowed to access our will call window prior to the game without any game ticket in hand. While these items may not be as convenient as just walking into the lot whenever you show up, the Houston Texans feel that with just a little planning you should not experience much inconvenience at all. I appreciate your feedback regarding the new policy and if you ever have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Go Texans!!!

Ted Dickerson
Manager of Traffic and Parking Services

About what I expected.

Interesting to note that booze was most likely a common denominator in all the "incidents". But I doubt the franchise would even consider any kind of limit on that cash cow (no pun intended...moooo). I've seen lots of fans in the stands too sloshed to barely make it up the aisle, and I've always wondered how many of them were driving home.

Unfortunately JB, you're one of the rare fans hurt by this policy, and that stinks. But I think it will keep a lot of skeezy folks OUT.

Can your friend e-mail you the ticket? Season ticket holders can forward tickets by e-mail.

I would guess quite a bit now that there's a demand for them. So the prices will definitely be gouged again.

The reason why parking was impossible was people were going into their season ticket manager and emailing the pass to themselves and selling copies plus the original tags to others, they don't scan tickets, they should there were probably 5000 counterfeit tags out there

Unfortunately JB, you're one of the rare fans hurt by this policy, and that stinks. But I think it will keep a lot of skeezy folks OUT.

Can your friend e-mail you the ticket? Season ticket holders can forward tickets by e-mail.

I don't think JB's situation is that rare. I have four tickets and regularly give out two to friends or fellow tailgaters. We meet at the tailgate before the game.

We've also got several people that tailgate with us who've made it a family event. They can only afford a few tickets so they rotate each week who goes into the game. The rest sit at the tailgate watching the game, cooking and keeping an eye on things. For a family that already struggles to come up with the season ticket money, this is just an extra burden that they haven't budgeted for. Now they must fork out an extra $60 every week so grandma and some kids can continue to come to the game like they've been doing since 2002? This is pathetic.

I think of this was all planned, We were given lanyards this year so that we could have our tickets ready to show. It's really not hard to enforce this since all the lots are gated and they probably will require to have your ticket ready as you walk through the gates, and have the same number of tickets ready as the amount of riding in your vehicle.

I think this is a great thing for all people who do have ticket and will make wait times for entering lots and restrooms alot shorter. It will also cut back on most of the fighting because people will have to be responsible for who they bring to there tailgate. Fighting and long wait times are the two main reason they are doing this and this would fix both of them. I think it's better they fix the problem know then some one ends up getting shot and they end tailgating all together.

It really suck for the people that do what there suppose to, but when some people act like animals, then we all have to get treated like them.

nice call on the lanyards, hope i still got mine

See Bill's reply for your answer.

How is JB or anyone else going to get my extra ticket? I do not own the PSL for this particular ticket, so I can't email it to him? It worked out okay for you, because you already had your other tickets and your parking pass. He has neither.

Back