Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Myers Traded and Signed

Briesel is RT G and with Spencer a strong candidate, we should be ok. This is my primary reason for not going with Albert + his lack of time at LT. As Spencer continues to improve, he might be ok @ LT eventually. I just don't want to depend on that. WIth a strong draft pick for LT I see Jordan Black as on the bubble, That would be an improvement as he has been under the bubble so far.

Briesel, I totally forgot about him. Well, I don't see any of the candidates as being "plus" type players other than Weary who is injured, but any of them may be adequete. Spencer could be a terrific RG but I just don't think he will ever be the same. I hope I am wrong. I wouldn't mind a late rd candidate there to add some fresh talent to the mix, but you're right in that they probably can make due with what they have.

I would like to see Weary return as he is pretty good imo, but with the injury I just don't know. Anyone have the inside skinny on Weary?

Haynesworth is going to revert back to his old self ... he got paid .

It will be interesting to see what happens with him and whether the tit's will spend the money to lock him up long term or make him work for it one more year. His tag was $6.37 million and that's certainly not all he had in mind in terms of getting paid. He'll need all that and then some considering wifey just filed on him..... Two seasons of hi-perf in a row might be too much to ask of Albert.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him and whether the tit's will spend the money to lock him up long term or make him work for it one more year. His tag was $6.37 million and that's certainly not all he had in mind in terms of getting paid. He'll need all that and then some considering wifey just filed on him..... Two seasons of hi-perf in a row might be too much to ask of Albert.

I think he's avoiding the offseason workouts and complaining about the Tidams not signing anybody .

Briesel, I totally forgot about him. Well, I don't see any of the candidates as being "plus" type players other than Weary who is injured, but any of them may be adequete. Spencer could be a terrific RG but I just don't think he will ever be the same. I hope I am wrong. I wouldn't mind a late rd candidate there to add some fresh talent to the mix, but you're right in that they probably can make due with what they have.

I would like to see Weary return as he is pretty good imo, but with the injury I just don't know. Anyone have the inside skinny on Weary?
My understanding is Briesel stepped in and held the spot. He can only get better as the O line gets set under Gibbs. I think Weary is out the door as a $ money savings move. I liked Fred but Briesel/ Spencer can hopefully lock it down and Studdard should get better also. A LT in draft should give us a line for several years barring injuries. McKinney may come back to be in the mix but I've heard nothing on him since his release. What will be interesting is if WIlliams or Otah is drafted and Spencer comes out of preseason looking like he can play LT. What is the scenario look like then?

Is Salaam pushed off team? Kubes has been very loyal to guys playing over expectations (see Andre Davis). Jordan Black cut? Spencer/draft pick/Salaam looks good but where does that leave Frye? This should be a good problem to have.

What will be interesting is if WIlliams or Otah is drafted and Spencer comes out of preseason looking like he can play LT. What is the scenario look like then?

We can only hope & pray for that kinda scenario. Like the guy said, it's the kind of problems you want.

What will be interesting is if WIlliams or Otah is drafted and Spencer comes out of preseason looking like he can play LT. What is the scenario look like then?

Is Salaam pushed off team? Kubes has been very loyal to guys playing over expectations (see Andre Davis). Jordan Black cut? Spencer/draft pick/Salaam looks good but where does that leave Frye? This should be a good problem to have.

i dont want to sound like a prick because i could be wrong but i think anybody that thinks that gonna happen is a tad delusional

black is also first in line to be cut imo

Although I'd love Spencer to be able to make it back, I'd make plans without him in the mix. Then if he does come back strong, so much the better.

Jordan Black did not perform well from what I saw last year and I'd imagine that he's gone. I'm interested in seeing what Frye and Butler bring to the table this year at LT and I'm interested in seeing how Chris White works in. I'm nervous about Studdard. He got a chance last year to step up and from what I saw, he didn't.

RT: Winston
RG: Brisiel
C: Meyers
LG: Pitts
LT: Salaam

I think that's the line-up game 1 barring unforeseen circumstances. There's a possibility that we could start another LT if we draft a guy early and he really picks things up quickly. Brisiel is the most vulnerable of these guys.

Although I'd love Spencer to be able to make it back, I'd make plans without him in the mix. Then if he does come back strong, so much the better.

Jordan Black did not perform well from what I saw last year and I'd imagine that he's gone. I'm interested in seeing what Frye and Butler bring to the table this year at LT and I'm interested in seeing how Chris White works in. I'm nervous about Studdard. He got a chance last year to step up and from what I saw, he didn't.

RT: Winston
RG: Brisiel
C: Meyers
LG: Pitts
LT: Salaam

I think that's the line-up game 1 barring unforeseen circumstances. There's a possibility that we could start another LT if we draft a guy early and he really picks things up quickly. Brisiel is the most vulnerable of these guys.

If Charles makes it back stick him at gaurd. Otherwise i'd like to see frye in front of beisel at guard.

Back