Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My Keys to Second Half Success vs. Philadelphia

Okay, well we seen our Houston Texans first half of regular season football. Some good things were featured, some not so good things. We currently trail the Philadelphia Eagles 14-10 at halftime.

The following are what I feel our Texans must do to have success and pull out the W during the second half of this game:

-Establish more of a run game. Wali Lundy or Vernand Morency are not picking up solid yards at all. I wanted to see us establish a better run game early, and we have not. This is crutial, if we can not run the ball in the second half it will take away from the play action/bootleg passes.

-Reduce sacks on David Carr. We can not have Carr getting sacked 3 times at the half. Some of it is the offensive line, some where Carr has to get the ball out a bit earlier. I want to see us reduce sacks on Carr in the second half, and we can do this by reducing pressure and we reduce pressure by running some draw plays, perhaps throwing a few screen passes.

-Better defense. Stallworth is ripping us up. We need to play better defense against him and stop the run also a little more.

It's still a game, no doubt, but we need to make some adjustments.

I think we have a chance in the second half in this one, let's see how Gary Kubiak's first game pans out.

GO TEXANS:redtowel:

So, allow less sacks, run better, and better secondary.

Wow, this is like the SNL skit where the coach is telling the track team to "run faster." Oh, is THAT all they need to do, coach? Well, it's so simple. They need to play better in the areas they suck. Just as easily done as said.

Back