Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Must Win @ NYJ

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
:kitten:

Seriously tho... We cannot afford to lose this game if we want to stay undefeated on the road.

I agree it's a must win .. for the Jets. Not so much the Texans as 4-1 is still an excellent start.

BS. We will be ripped apart by everyone if we lose to the Jets.

Most important game in franchise history.

Overreact much? I won't be ripping them so "everyone" would be inaccurate. All NFL teams have their down weeks. If it happens on MNF, yeah I won't be happy but I won't be going Eagles fan if they lose.

BTW, the most important game in franchise history was versus Baltimore in the playoffs last year, not a MNF football game only 5 weeks into the season.

Overreact much? I won't be ripping them so "everyone" would be inaccurate. All NFL teams have their down weeks. If it happens on MNF, yeah I won't be happy but I won't be going Eagles fan if they lose.

Was more of a joke than anything else. I would MUCH rather lose to the Packers than the Jets though

BS. We will be ripped apart by everyone if we lose to the Jets.

Most important game in franchise history.

You said it best brother. Could you imagine if we lost this game with GB and Ravens coming up?? This is THE game to show that we are finally for real.

SMH!! I have a MASSIVE headache! Don't ya know, according to this MB, EVERY GAME is a must win!!!! Geeeeeezzzzzz!! :scarygirl::winky:

SmileyNailbiting.gif
SmileyNailbiting.gif
SmileyNailbiting.gif

Trap game!
Trapdoor.gif

smiley_disappear.gif

we established last week that a must win thread will pop up every week, just roll with it...

Every week this season when we've had a "must win" thread we've won. We should continue to roll with it until it breaks.

So, this is a must win. If we don't win, outer space aliens steal all our cattle and we are forced to eat nothing but chicken. Therefore, for everyone except Arian Foster, this is a must MUST win game.

As to Arian, he'll continue to run for less than a hundred yards and the media will continue to love him while we complain. :lol:

BTW, the most important game in franchise history was versus Baltimore in the playoffs last year, not a MNF football game only 5 weeks into the season.

Right there with you. In fact, I kind of see a letdown coupled with a motivated Jets team.

Its a must show the rest of the NFL you can beat a wonded team and not fall flat.

I want to see this team take control of this game and bury the Jets....dont give them any hope whatsoever...whoever is qb.....

Put the foot on their neck and stomp .......

From someone that does weekly film review for the Star-ledger. What info can we pick up from the Titans game and possibly apply to the Jets.

J.J. Watt. See that photo up there? The one of him rushing by Titans' lineman David Stewart? The Titans saw a lot of that. And if we could, we'd follow it up by showing a photo of Watt bringing QB Matt Hasselback to the ground or doing the same to RB Chris Johnson. You could have a whole slide show of Watt's highlights but the internet only has a finite amount of space for Watt's brilliance. The Texans' defensive end was excellent Sunday. He had five tackles, two sacks, three tackles for a loss and two QB hits. And somehow that doesn't do him justice. On arguably the best team in the NFL, Watt has been their best player. His first sack was just dominant as he set up Titans right guard Leroy Harris with a bull rush then used a swim move to get to the quarterback. He made a backside tackle on Johnson for a one-yard loss in the first quarter and then was in there for a six-yard loss a little later on. There's a reason why he's the leader in the clubhouse for the league's Defensive Player of the Year. After the Jets had to deal with Justin Smith last week, they somehow have to deal with an even better player Monday night.

Matt Schaub. The Texans QB was efficient and proficient against Tennessee. He finished 20-of-28 for 202 yards and two touchdowns and looked comfortable in the pocket all day with the offensive line providing superb protection. Schaub didn't have to make a lot of difficult throws but he was the catalyst for the offense on a day the running game wasn't its usual excellent self. He hit seven different receivers, and carved up the Titans' defense with short and intermediate passes. His only glaring miscue may have been in the fourth quarter when he overthrew Andre Johnson, who was wide open 30+ yards downfield after using a stop and go move that fooled the cornerback. But no one is perfect and Schaub won't get dinged for it here.

Kareem Jackson. Pretty good day for the Texans' corner. The most eye-popping thing he did was return an interception 63 yards for a touchdown -- one of two the Texans had on the day. But in addition to that, Jackson was also commendable, Jackson was targeted seven times and allowed three receptions for 33 yards -- good for a 17.9 QB rating against him.

UP-DOWNS

These players might get a rebuke

Brian Cushing and Bradie James. The Titans' running game and Chris Johnson had a rejuvenation Sunday as he ran for 141 yards on 25 carries. Cushing and James share some of the blame for that. They were repeatedly out of position or had trouble getting off of their blocks. Those errors get magnified when a running back with the speed and talent of Johnson is the one toting the ball.

The running game. At some point it's nitpicking when it's a 24-point victory, so here is that point. Arian Foster and the running game didn't quite live up to their expectations. The Texans rushed for 95 yards on 31 carries. Foster had 86 of those yards on 3.6 yards per carry. It wasn't a glaring issue but a microcosm of their bigger troubles. They've run the ball a league-best 148 times this year but have just a 3.7 ypc -- which is 22nd best in the NFL.

we established last week that a must win thread will pop up every week, just roll with it...

I was starting to get worried not seeing this thread earlier in the week. The Texans winning formula must have the following:

1 - Consistent and hard fought weekly practice
2 - Review of game tape to correct issues
3 - Teammates confidence in one another
4 - non stop motor for all 4 quarters

and the most important

5 - Weekly prediction thread coupled with "Must Win" thread.

5-0 is in the bag.

Oh, and can I get a friggin facepalm already!?! This thread wont work without it. We are undefeated so far when I start these threads and someone always face palms it. Lol

The most important game in franchise history is (in my opinion) always the next one. Always. I think it would be very, very unfortunate for the Texans to stumble this week. When a top 5 team is presented with a weak and wounded opponent on national TV they take the opportunity to crush that opponent and tell everyone else in the NFL that they are here to "kick ass and chew bubble gum" so to speak.

You know why New England can lose a game they should have won early in the year and no one says "See, same old Patriots"? Because they've done it. They've won it all. Same can be said for a number of teams out there. When the Texans drop that game they should have won people do indeed say "Same old Texans" and they will until the Texans erase that perception with a new one. The last few years we've feasted on the bums and lost a lot of games to both good teams and trap teams. That doesn't get it done if you want to go where the Texans want to go.

Starting in 2012 I want to see the Texans change that. It's time to crush the teams we're supposed to crush and start taking some of these games against contenders. I think the Texans are capable of beating the Jets and then coming home and at least splitting with the Packers and Ravens. I really believe that they have the talent and coaching to enter the bye week 7-0. It just remains to be seen whether they have the luck and can stay focused through that stretch.

Because every won game on this streak is a first-in-franchise-history, every game is the most important game. That is all.

#DamnItFeelsGoodToBeATexan

only week that i dont care about the score or a W L is the bye week, other than that your damn right they better win !!!!

Has anyone noticed how our team expects to win now? Struggling against an outmatched(yet talented) dolphins, they explode and end it by halftime. They really havent been challenged seriously since. I can't imagine anymore let-down games happening to this team. Everybody seems focused and accountable for their respective jobs. I expect (modestly of course), nothing less than at least this team will play hard and smart football. They say you can't win em all, but really, the Cardinals beat NE?

This team is in an easy division and also plays the AFC East; another weak division with the exception of the Patriots. So, the rest of the season is basically going to be entertaining, but we are unlikely to be sitting on the edge of our seats, waiting to see what happens. We are going to the playoffs.

So, no single regular season game is a must win. The next must win game will be in January in my view.

Every week this season when we've had a "must win" thread we've won. We should continue to roll with it until it breaks.

So, this is a must win. If we don't win, outer space aliens steal all our cattle and we are forced to eat nothing but chicken. Therefore, for everyone except Arian Foster, this is a must MUST win game.

As to Arian, he'll continue to run for less than a hundred yards and the media will continue to love him while we complain. :lol:

It's only WEIRD...
if it doesn't WORK.
:bender:

Oh, and can I get a friggin facepalm already!?! This thread wont work without it. We are undefeated so far when I start these threads and someone always face palms it. Lol

pick one.... :D

:mariopalm:
:vincepalm:
:facepalm:
images

I agree it's a must win .. for the Jets. Not so much the Texans as 4-1 is still an excellent start.

I want to be 5-0 before playing the Packers & Ravens. I don't like the idea of being 4-1 going into a relatively short week before our next game. I'm still ticked off looking back at Sanchez's first NFL game & I expect the players are too. It's payback time :pirate:

Back