Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mood of fans now L/out over?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I could always find a Texans fan just about everywhere before this last year. In grocery store, library or hanging by the pool. I spoke to a guy recently wearing a Texans hat and he just looked like he thought I was stupid when I asked if he was a fan or just wearing the cap. Is it bad record, disgust with team/coaches or the lock out effecting folks? Prob a bit of everything, but the 20 or so guys I play volleyball with every weekend could care less about NFL. They are young 20s & 30s which I would have thought would be interested. Only one guy took up my offer to converse about Texans but his knowledge was pretty weak. Of course, I talked him to death and left him dazed from shock and awe. lol

As I believe my fellow Central Texans would attest, I consider myself on the front lines. Wearing Texans gear in this area is sure to get a hostile reaction. Hostile? Yes, Cowboy fans are that way.

The picture below is normal attire for me and I can remember at this game I was actually taunted by Cowgirls an Horns alike.

DSCN0593resized.jpg

I still find it strange to be 165 mile away from downtown Houston and feeling like a foreigner.

As I believe my fellow Central Texans would attest, I consider myself on the front lines. Wearing Texans gear in this area is sure to get a hostile reaction. Hostile? Yes, Cowboy fans are that way.

The picture below is normal attire for me and I can remember at this game I was actually taunted by Cowgirls an Horns alike.

DSCN0593resized.jpg

I still find it strange to be 165 mile away from downtown Houston and feeling like a foreigner.

That's what it's like for me in Austin.

Exactly.

Showtime, me and a bunch of others are here in Austin and it is like being a foriegner if you are from Houston and sport Houston gear.

My truck has Texans gear on it, I usually wear Texans gear all the time (I also wear Dynamo, Rockets and maybe a Stros shirt too) etc.

I haven't had too many hostile reactions accept when I have been out at sports bars. Me and a Titans fan almost got into it one day and same with this one Cowboys douche who was trying to be drunk macho guy in front of his chick as the bar.

Other than that, it can actually be a good conversation starter to wear your gear here and people come up to you and comment on it.

Exactly.

Showtime, me and a bunch of others are here in Austin and it is like being a foriegner if you are from Houston and sport Houston gear.

My truck has Texans gear on it, I usually wear Texans gear all the time (I also wear Dynamo, Rockets and maybe a Stros shirt too) etc.

I haven't had too many hostile reactions accept when I have been out at sports bars. Me and a Titans fan almost got into it one day and same with this one Cowboys douche who was trying to be drunk macho guy in front of his chick as the bar.

Other than that, it can actually be a good conversation starter to wear your gear here and people come up to you and comment on it.

I agree. Hostile is probably too strong a word. I do get into some fun conversations with Dallas and Tennessee fans. I guess I meant Cowboy fans, instead of accepting you are a Houstonian and love your Houston teams, act like you have some sort of mental deficiency because you are from Texas and yet don't like the Cowboys. (gasp!)

All in all though it is lightheated but somewhat lonely being a Texan fan around here.

I live in EAGLES country and they all make fun of me.

I take it with a grain of salt and press on-I've got Texans on my vehicle and wear stuff all the time. I even still wear tons of 'Stros stuff and I get crap for that.

Oh well, I live and die by my fandom!!

I live in EAGLES country and they all make fun of me.

I take it with a grain of salt and press on-I've got Texans on my vehicle and wear stuff all the time. I even still wear tons of 'Stros stuff and I get crap for that.

Oh well, I live and die by my fandom!!
Since this is my thread, I can derail it. As you live in Eagles nest, any inside talk about what fans expect on Asomugha?

Since this is my thread, I can derail it. As you live in Eagles nest, any inside talk about what fans expect on Asomugha?

I have heard absolutely ZERO about Aso coming to the Eagles, except on here. I get a paper here (yes an actual paper, made from paper and everything) and they have not even brought this up once.

Most of the talk has been about McNabb working out with the team and what QBs will be on the team next year. I did see where they believe that VY would be the perfect back up to Vick. That made me laugh!!

I have heard absolutely ZERO about Aso coming to the Eagles, except on here. I get a paper here (yes an actual paper, made from paper and everything) and they have not even brought this up once.

Most of the talk has been about McNabb working out with the team and what QBs will be on the team next year. I did see where they believe that VY would be the perfect back up to Vick. That made me laugh!!

Well they are also talking about Reggie Bush being a possible pick up as well.

I have my Texans license plates and wear Texans gear out and about, but I don't really get any static about it.

I'm not ready to pop any champagne (SPECIAL BEER) just yet. But when it happens I suppose :hmmm: like every other spineless, too forgiving Texan fan will follow inline :wherewill

Now I bring you back to your regular programming, Where have all the fans gone? Just wnert to grocery store and on car radio 790 a fan was saying he was disgusted with McNair and had recently sold his original PSL as team might go 8-8. "McNair has to be hurting financially before he changes anything. When asked how long it took to sell PSL and he replied one day.
I guess hard core fans are still there but I'll never forget the Love Ya Blue days when everyone everywhere were talking about Oilers. There were even conversation in men's room at work between guys in stalls.

I wear Texans gear most of the time here in Dallas and I rarely get much crap about it. Occasionally, yeah.

Kinda weird the other day when a French-Canadian contractor came out to talk about doing some work on our house and when he saw my Texan's tee, his first reaction was... "Were you an Oiler fan? How about that Buffalo game? Was that something?"

I buried him beneath the AC unit.

I wear Texans gear most of the time here in Dallas and I rarely get much crap about it. Occasionally, yeah.

Kinda weird the other day when a French-Canadian contractor came out to talk about doing some work on our house and when he saw my Texan's tee, his first reaction was... "Were you an Oiler fan? How about that Buffalo game? Was that something?"

I had the NFLN on the other day and the "Greatest Comebacks" was on and there it was...I cried all over again...

Don't worry I won't tell where you hid the body.

DSCN0593resized.jpg

Mercy, you're an ugly sumbitch Showtime. The Houston attire does improve your looks some, though. I'd keep wearing it if I were you.

:fingergun: Just kiddin' ya, man. I'm feeling kinda' waspy today for some reason.

And this ^^^^^ is why I'm a Texans fan... +1 for making me spit on my screen :)

Now I bring you back to your regular programming, Where have all the fans gone? Just wnert to grocery store and on car radio 790 a fan was saying he was disgusted with McNair and had recently sold his original PSL as team might go 8-8. "McNair has to be hurting financially before he changes anything. When asked how long it took to sell PSL and he replied one day.
I guess hard core fans are still there but I'll never forget the Love Ya Blue days when everyone everywhere were talking about Oilers. There were even conversation in men's room at work between guys in stalls.

Well, I guess the "lady" has to express her opinion! :ahhaha: I'm in it to stay! I LOVE the GAME of football, and pro-football is the game at it's finest. I don't know of another sport where a gal can watch cute guys in tight pants knock the hell out of each other! J/K! I've been watching this game for over 50 yrs, and I've said over and over, when it ceases being fun, I will quit! This crap with the lockout has NOT been fun, and they have truly tested my patience. BUT, when it's all said and done, I'll be in my seat every game day pulling for my favorite set of players in tight pants! :shetexan::texan:

Most of us "diehards" are forgiving fans, simply because we DO NOT want to give up our addiction!! We'll be there, the same way we have been on this MB for months, WAITING patiently for the politics to run its course so we can get back to our chosen source of entertainment. My "mood" is simply, SCREW it all, just give me back my favorite game!!

My mood is the same as it was when the season ended... I could not care less about the lockout, if there were no games missed or anything to the liking of it...
It's a game..it's a great way to spend Sunday with family and friends..Nothing more, nothing less.. A game.. so are they ready to end this "lockout"... it would be nice, if they don't, ok, so what, life continues to go on and I continue to do the things I have been doing already... Mood... It's all good either way !! I am just sick of hearing all the reports of things that have been said 100 times over and 100+ days later, same things are still being said.. until it is over, it's not over.. Nothing is over until we decide it is.. Was it over when the Germans bomber Pearl Harbor..hell no !! Just stop with the reports until it is...

My mood is the same as it was when the season ended... I could not care less about the lockout, if there were no games missed or anything to the liking of it...
It's a game..it's a great way to spend Sunday with family and friends..Nothing more, nothing less.. A game.. so are they ready to end this "lockout"... it would be nice, if they don't, ok, so what, life continues to go on and I continue to do the things I have been doing already... Mood... It's all good either way !! I am just sick of hearing all the reports of things that have been said 100 times over and 100+ days later, same things are still being said.. until it is over, it's not over.. Nothing is over until we decide it is.. Was it over when the Germans bomber Pearl Harbor..hell no !! Just stop with the reports until it is...
"You mean we got hit by nukes and the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? We need to fire that public relations guy, I mean that accelerator thing on Toyota was bad enough!" signed the Nipponese.

Back