Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Monday Night Football 2014

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
49ers @St. Louis Rams

Rams led by surprising QB Austin Davis ( backed up by Shaun Hill/Case Keenum).

Watching who I thought was the best pure football player in 2014 draft, #99 Aaron Donald.

Rams surprising 14-0 lead, now 14-3 after 54 yd. field goal by Phil Dawson.

That SF TD before the half is the way bad teams lose games they should end up winning. 3rd and 6 San Francisco was running the clock down and St. Louis gives up a 80-yard TD pass on a go-route. 14-10 STL at the half.

49ers @St. Louis Rams

Rams led by surprising QB Austin Davis ( backed up by Shaun Hill/Case Keenum).

Watching who I thought was the best pure football player in 2014 draft, #99 Aaron Donald.

Rams surprising 14-0 lead, now 14-3 after 54 yd. field goal by Phil Dawson.

How did Aaron Donald look?

This has been a very entertaining football game. Big plays, throwing the sht out of the ol pigskin, sacks... lots of them, & turnovers...

Hard to believe the score is only 7-3 at the half.

Jon Gruden is blaming Colt Mccoy for every false start penalty.. "Gotta take control of the huddle". Imagine if we blamed Fitz for every Fiedo penalty. :evil:

I don't think anybody expected the Skins to beat the Cowboys tonight. If Mccoy keeps this up is it possible he's still starting when RG3 returns?

Hook em

Edit: Shouldve kept Weeden in, at least then the play calling was featuring Murray who was getting a million yards a touch

I don't think anybody expected the Skins to beat the Cowboys tonight. If Mccoy keeps this up is it possible he's still starting when RG3 returns?

I don't think that's possible. They didn't give up 3 first round picks for Griffin so he could ride the bench behind McCoy. It doesn't matter who has the hot hand or who's the better QB. Griffin is their starter regardless because to bench him is admitting that you wasted those 3 first rounders.

The Girls should've stuck with Murray. He and their oline have given that team the success they are currently seeing

The Girls should've stuck with Murray. He and their oline have given that team the success they are currently seeing

Typical Cowboys implosion. Due solely to coaching. Murray had 200 total yards on 22 touches and they are throwing every play with Weeden and an injured Romo. So typical.

I don't think that's possible. They didn't give up 3 first round picks for Griffin so he could ride the bench behind McCoy. It doesn't matter who has the hot hand or who's the better QB. Griffin is their starter regardless because to bench him is admitting that you wasted those 3 first rounders.

If Colt plays well next week, then comes back after the bye & plays well against TB, he should start against SF.

I know it sucks & all that they gave up 3 firsts for Griffin, but sitting him... making him earn that starting job.. it can only help the Redskins & Griffin. He is not the same guy he used to be, he's got to learn how to be a more traditional passer.

I think he can do it, but I don't know if being thrown back into the fire is best for him right now.

Honestly, it doesn't matter how bad Colt looks over the next two or three games. RGIII would have to show me he's better. The last time I saw him on the field, I didn't get the feeling that he was better than many others.

On a side note. The catch and stretch that Bryant made for that TD was pretty dadgum impressive.

However, seeing Jerry come down and speak to Garrett about Romo on the sideline was ridiculous. I'm fairly certain they have doctors and trainers that will inform the coaching staff on player injuries. Meddling mofo

If Colt plays well next week, then comes back after the bye & plays well against TB, he should start against SF.

I know it sucks & all that they gave up 3 firsts for Griffin, but sitting him... making him earn that starting job.. it can only help the Redskins & Griffin. He is not the same guy he used to be, he's got to learn how to be a more traditional passer.

I think he can do it, but I don't know if being thrown back into the fire is best for him right now.

Honestly, it doesn't matter how bad Colt looks over the next two or three games. RGIII would have to show me he's better. The last time I saw him on the field, I didn't get the feeling that he was better than many others.

Unfortunately that's not how things work in the NFL. They gave up 3 first rounders for the guy. The coach has already been fired. If new coach benches him then the GM might be next. People in the FO will do everything possible to convince the coaching staff to play Griffin because if the new staff gives up on him then it's likely the owner starts collecting heads from the FO.

I agree with your premise and that is certainly the logical thing to do, but many people don't act or think logically under pressure. There are jobs on the line here and you will find that many people will protect their jobs before they protect the team. Gruden has no ties to Griffin so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

...seeing Jerry come down and speak to Garrett about Romo on the sideline was ridiculous. I'm fairly certain they have doctors and trainers that will inform the coaching staff on player injuries. Meddling mofo

They're his Tonka toys. :truck:

Unfortunately that's not how things work in the NFL. They gave up 3 first rounders for the guy. The coach has already been fired. If new coach benches him then the GM might be next. People in the FO will do everything possible to convince the coaching staff to play Griffin because if the new staff gives up on him then it's likely the owner starts collecting heads from the FO.

& that's the thing. Gruden needs to convince them that he's sold on Griffin & that he's not giving up on him, just restarting the process. (Whether it's true or not).

I could sell it. He should be able to as well. I'd even give them a time table showing Griffen getting back into the line up in December, then handle that when we get there.

On a side note. The catch and stretch that Bryant made for that TD was pretty dadgum impressive.

However, seeing Jerry come down and speak to Garrett about Romo on the sideline was ridiculous. I'm fairly certain they have doctors and trainers that will inform the coaching staff on player injuries. Meddling mofo

All I thought when I saw that was "boy they sure do know how to deal with injured players" - the guy's had back surgery FFS. But win this one game is much more important. When Romo came back in he was a deer in the headlights, Wsh knew it and blitzed pretty much every play, knowing he had lost his mobility and confidence. Such a ****ing disgrace, but par for the course...

& that's the thing. Gruden needs to convince them that he's sold on Griffin & that he's not giving up on him, just restarting the process. (Whether it's true or not).

I could sell it. He should be able to as well. I'd even give them a time table showing Griffen getting back into the line up in December, then handle that when we get there.

It sounds so damn weird, but when a QB wins games, they tend to keep playing. Even in this case. Yes the investment in RG3 is insane, but he's also likely never going to be the same explosive player we saw before the Seattle debacle...they're cold enough to cut their losses, even if it becomes a mea culpa admitting their draft day blunder.

Urgh. Huge break for the Dolts as Fleener floors a catch and he Giants don't get the challenge flag away in time as the Colts score a TD on their hurry up play to beat the challenge.

Man o' man. The Luck of the Colts. Luck gets the ball stripped from him in the pocket and as the ball is still in the air he's pulled away from the fumble. The ball runs to him like a dog greeting its owners after a long day.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Our OL is no worse than the one Luck is playing behind. I think we're better in pass protection.

Even when penalized (inelligible receiver downfield) they still find a way to continue the drive & score a TD.

Luck's already thrown the ball 44 times & there's still more than 2 minutes left in the third qtr.

Our OL is no worse than the one Luck is playing behind. I think we're better in pass protection.

Even when penalized (inelligible receiver downfield) they still find a way to continue the drive & score a TD.
Nah, it HAS to be the O-Line, our QB is an excellent game manager. :nolisten:

Impressive win by the Colts, Luck was great again.
As far as I'm concerned the Colts victory wraps up the division for them and leaves our PO opportunities at strictly the theoretical level, as if there was ever any real chance after we lost to the Colts at home last month.
So this is kinda what we expected of Billys rookie season anyway, so going forward he should now feel freer to experiment at the all-important QB position.

I can't believe there are still people out there who don't believe in Luck. He's not one of the big three yet, but if you're starting a franchise tomorrow and get to take one player off of any team's roster you're either taking him or Rodgers.

I can't believe there are still people out there who don't believe in Luck. He's not one of the big three yet, but if you're starting a franchise tomorrow and get to take one player off of any team's roster you're either taking him or Rodgers.

One thing is to believe, the other is to hate him because he is our division rival.

salute.gif

Beacause of his youth//upside, Luck is clearly the most valuable single player in the NFL, and the only question I have is how humongous a deal will the Colts have to put together to wrap him up for the long-term ?

I know we aren't very good, but it's hard to believe we lost to this Giants team as bad as we did. Goodness, they looked awful. WRs dropping balls left and right. Eli over-throwing practically everyone. U-G-L-Y

Back