Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

MNF: Texans vs Jags Gameday Thread!!!

We're an exclusive club. You either need a bucketload of cash and horrible received pronunciation or a drink problem and 4 kids by the time you're 13.
I was hoping a six pack of pints and a DVD of Father Ted would get me into Ireland. As brutal as it is, at least it's in order. I'm waiting until at least 2028 for US citizenship even though I've lived here my whole life.

A good solid win there. Thanks for the company guys, its been a good one.

Heres to Slaton for ROTW and Mario for Def Player of the Week!

:fans:

Well, I gotta give the entire team credit. They didn't embarrass themselves or the fans tonight. It's nice to see players with some pride, and they exhibited that tonight.

I was hoping a six pack of pints and a DVD of Father Ted would get me into Ireland. As brutal as it is, at least it's in order. I'm waiting until at least 2028 for US citizenship even though I've lived here my whole life.

rep for knowing fr ted lol

Slaton (903 or so) has more rushing yards than the following people:

Ryan Grant - 876
Marion Barber - 870
Marshawn Lynch - 844
LaDainian Tomlinson - 794
Jamal Lewis - 793

Stats not current but 774 + 130; Link
As well as 8 more touchdowns than Fred Taylor.

We're an exclusive club. You either need a bucketload of cash and horrible received pronunciation or a drink problem and 4 kids by the time you're 13.

The latter sounds like where I live down here in Corpus Christi. Pretty much sums up the population here.

You know what I'm thinking? This is good for recruiting purposes. The whole league saw us dominate what used to be a playoff caliber team with a backup QB.

We had a GREAT chance to dominate a game and gave up 388 yds toatal offense. That sux. The O looked good but the D STILL has work to do. All in all, good win.

great win, great slaton. Wish we had a goal line back and a polished, consistently healthy qb. We left 14 or more pts on the field:bat:

First game I actually noticed Mr Dunta playing. He had a near int, and had a couple very nice tackles. The guy knows how to wrap someone up, he will only get better these last few games. Steve Slaton.....nuff said

We had a GREAT chance to dominate a game and gave up 388 yds toatal offense. That sux. The O looked good but the D STILL has work to do. All in all, good win.

We gave up 14 points and about 160 yards in pure garbage time. When you're winning by 20 with less than 5 minutes to go, and you're in the prevent defense, the stats don't count in my opinion.

Its like DC throwing for 3 TDs and 200 yards in the last quarter, after the Texans being down 40-0 after 3

great win guys.

This game is a great example that our biggest need in the off season offensively is a power back. Was tearing my hair out when we called the same play with Slaton on the line. We never looked like scoring.

Secondary still a huge concern - we dodged a huge bullet with the Jag holding call when Porter was wide open in the first half. How on earth did he get that open?

I thought Okoye had a good game, he managed to get in the face of Garrard.

We've had good luck with 400 pound running backs. Javorsky Lane! A less talented Ron Dayne, sure, but he's big

Lane has always been talented, but he has one of the worst attitudes I have ever seen in a college player.

You see his type show their true colors in the pros, but they usually wait until they get PAID. That says something about his intelligence too.

Lane has always been talented, but he has one of the worst attitudes I have ever seen in a college player.

You see his type show their true colors in the pros, but they usually wait until they get PAID. That says something about his intelligence too.

I disagree. I've known Javorskie since he was a kid. He just wants the rock and thought Sherman did him dirty by making him a FB. You give the kid the rock inside the 5, and he will find the end zone. Great kid that loves to play. Could he have handled the situation with Sherman better? Yeah, but don't paint the kid in a bad light because his current HC is turning out to be another Charlie Weiss.

I haven't seen much talent out of him the past 2 years

I disagree. I've known Javorskie since he was a kid. He just wants the rock and thought Sherman did him dirty by making him a FB. You give the kid the rock inside the 5, and he will find the end zone. Great kid that loves to play. Could he have handled the situation with Sherman better? Yeah, but don't paint the kid in a bad light because his current HC is turning out to be another Charlie Weiss.

LOL.

Lane is going to be a FB in the NFL. Sherman was trying to improve his future by giving him some experience at the position so he could improve his draft stock.

Instead, Lane decided he is more important than the team. Everybody loves scoring TDs more than blocking for them, especially a guy that has had his fair share of TDs in the past.

But they can't even put him on the field unless they are giving him the rock because he refuses to block anyone. He is a selfish player.

Texas A&M touchdowns are only important to him if he is the one scoring them.

time to play spoiler for the remanding 3 bubble teams.

COuld that Chi match up be moved to primetime? since it might matter for the bears and koolaid sippin Texans like me?

Just got back from the game. It sure is nice to go to a game and leave with a W!

I was disappointed in the crowd however....

Just got back from the game. It sure is nice to go to a game and leave with a W!

yes it looked sad...I bet the parking lott was packed.
I have a few family members and friends I need to chew out. :bat:

Texans fans just don't compare to Dynamo fans. I actually saw more people at the end of the game than at the start of the game. I don't recall many people leaving early, even though it was a horrible game.

Reactions: Blu
Back