Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mission Impossible

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Looks like our team is facing arguably the toughest 6 game stretch of any team in the NFL this season. All of our opponents are battling for a spot in the playoffs and all of them will give it their all since we aren't playing any teams that are out of the race or have homefield locked up.

Road games against the Browns and Tacks followed by home games against the Bucs and Broncos rounding off with a trip to Indy and then Battle Red Day part deaux against the Jags.

Houston Texans: Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to win 5 out of your last 6 games in order to make it to the playoffs. This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.

*cue Mission Impossible music*

What's really funny is that these same games looked pretty winnable before the season started. That just shows us all how much things change in the NFL from one year to the next.

Going into 2007 I thought that Cleveland was going to suck (and they would have too if it hadn't been for that meddling David Anderson!),

Tennessee was going to come back down to earth and be very average (ok, mission accomplished there)

The Bucs would keep on sucking as they have in recent years.

Denver seemed in decline to me.

Jacksonville I expected us to own and for them to have a nice 5-11 season. I underestimated how much life Byron Leftwich sucked out of their game when he was there. Odd how two teams in the AFC South were being held back by their "franchise" quarterbacks before this season isn't it?

Anyway, if we split these games we've made progress. If we win more than we lose then we're really on to something I believe.

Looks like our team is facing arguably the toughest 6 game stretch of any team in the NFL this season. All of our opponents are battling for a spot in the playoffs and all of them will give it their all since we aren't playing any teams that are out of the race or have homefield locked up.

Road games against the Browns and Tacks followed by home games against the Bucs and Broncos rounding off with a trip to Indy and then Battle Red Day part deaux against the Jags.

Houston Texans: Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to win 5 out of your last 6 games in order to make it to the playoffs. This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Yes! And free this man from his "celebacy" vow! The pressure is building...:doot:

This is totally off-topic, but just a suggestion:

Your avatar would look so much better in blue instead of green. No reason.

You made some good points early in your post but it peters out later. You just shot your wad too early and your post became rather weak and flaccid.

bwahahahahahaha

The only one of our future games that I could see us winning is the upcoming Tampa game. The realist in me is saying 5-11, the optimist in me is saying 6-10, and the homer in me is saying 8-8 is still achievable.

Back