Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Miami TE Greg Olsen Declares

Just saw on ESPN's bottomline that Miami Hurricanes TE Greg Olsen has declared for the draft.

Stupid move IMO. He had a down year and will be the second TE taken. Likely late 2nd round. However, he is a HUGE talent and has potential to be the best Miami TE in the NFL shortly. He could easily be better than K2 and Shockey, and that isn't light praise. He needed another year in college though.

Can't blame him for wanting to jump ship from Miami. He'll be a value pick for someone, and he'll be earning money in the NFL whenever the next Miami "incident" pops up.

Can't blame him for wanting to jump ship from Miami. He'll be a value pick for someone, and he'll be earning money in the NFL whenever the next Miami "incident" pops up.

That's true. I actually didn't consider that. However, Miami has some studly young defensive talent and it has been their offense that has been somewhat anemic. When was the last time they had a QB at Miami??

olsen isn't in shockey or winslow's league.
I tend to agree with that, although his potential is up there...

Hey kastofsna, im curious did the Dolphins start playing C.Lemon when they realized that Joey Harrington was their starting quarterback??

I tend to agree with that, although his potential is up there...

I disagree...

I think Winslow is a top 3 TE, and I think Shockey is top 6....

The games that I have watched Olsen play, he isn't even close to either of those guys...

I disagree...

I think Winslow is a top 3 TE, and I think Shockey is top 6....

The games that I have watched Olsen play, he isn't even close to either of those guys...

Thats what i meant. Going into the draft, he's not in the same class as the other two. Olsen has the potential to be as good as them in the future. Another year would be in better for him...

texasguy...

Are you going to say anything about the other schools that have more incidents than Miami in the past 10 years? If not, then you should really check the facts before you bad mouth the Hurricanes.

texasguy...

Are you going to say anything about the other schools that have more incidents than Miami in the past 10 years? If not, then you should really check the facts before you bad mouth the Hurricanes.

Why would I? This is a thread about Greg Olsen the TE for the Hurricanes. Not a thread about all the other schools that lack control over their players.

olsen isn't in shockey or winslow's league.

Which is why he should have gone back to school. He will be more of a Shockey than a K2, but has the potential to easily be up there with them very soon. Stupid move to come out early. But he will be a top TE, he just won't have that cake walk to the job like they did.

Greg Olsen's main problem was the fact that Miami doesn't get great QBs. He'll instantly start ahead of the Weatherman if we draft him.

Back