Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Matt Leinart won't let it go

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
He is sitting on Rome is burning, still claiming USC was a better team than Texas and gave the game away. He also says he should be the #1 pick

Well, Matt, number #1 teams do not give games away. Teams that lose are not the best. It is fairly simple. You had better learn how to deal with losses and not dwell on them or your going to have a miserable time in the NFL. Using your thought process, i say the Texans are number #1, we just gave away fourteen games so we could draft your teamate #1.

1) Carr gets dogged for not saying stuff like that.

2) It was awfully close - a 2 yard gain by White would have changed a lot of things.

3) I know a lot of Miami players said the same thing about Ohio State a couple of years ago. So what? OSU was still the champ.

Hey Matt a Team consist of all facets of a "Team", Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Texas was better is every facet of the game. When you have a OVERATED DEFENSE that is a liability to your team and was all year and in the end cost you the national championship, guess what you don't have the better TEAM.

corrosion said:
What do you expect him to say ? :stirpot:
How about, We had a good run but just did not get it done. Hats of to Texas. There a great team. I expect to be drafted high in the first round. There are some good athletes, including my own teamate. I think there are a number of us who could be selected #1. I'm just thankful i will have the oppurtunity to play in the nfl and look forward to working hard to take my game to the next level.

Runner said:
1) Carr gets dogged for not saying stuff like that.

2) It was awfully close - a 2 yard gain by White would have changed a lot of things.

3) I know a lot of Miami players said the same thing about Ohio State a couple of years ago. So what? OSU was still the champ.
Miami had a legit gripe, They suffered the worst call in NCAA history.

Runner said:

just out of curiosity, would you take 2005 USC, 2001 Miami, or 2001 OSU if the teams were to play again today? I only include OSU, because they beat Miami, but I feel 2001 Miami was the best college team ever.

Carr Bomb said:
Talking about the pass interference call. That was one of the worst calls in a championship game i have ever seen.

rmartin65 said:
VY's knee was down on his pitch.
Do you really think USC would of stopped Texas on a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line. Texas also had a INT that wasn't called that would of ended one of USC's scoring drives.

Carr Bomb said:
Do you really think USC would of stopped Texas on a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line. Texas also had a INT that wasn't called that would of ended one of USC's scoring drives.
I know, I was just pointing out one of the calls. I truly think that Texas was the better team. That does not mean there was not some bad calls though.

I have no doubt there are a handful of teams that want to jump to #1 to take Matt. But unless they give a sweet enough deal, then it wont get done.

People mostly trade up for QB's, before RB's. History is on my side.

bleh.. he is loyal to his team and feels that they are the best, even if they did lose to Texas..he feels they kept themselves from winning, not that they got beat.

Can you really blame him? in your position wouldnt you feel the same way?

Matt is doing the same thing any competative person would do in a close lost. Thinking of things he should have and could have done differently to help them win. But it's too little too late. To me Vince showed he wanted it more.

YoungTexanFan said:
just out of curiosity, would you take 2005 USC, 2001 Miami, or 2001 OSU if the teams were to play again today? I only include OSU, because they beat Miami, but I feel 2001 Miami was the best college team ever.

According to this thread you shouldn't say that.:rolleyes:

OSU beat the unbeatable Miami. I doubt they'd have had much trouble with the unbeatable USC. (I think that Miami team was better than USC).

006714897.jpg

Notice shirt, hat and crystal football...

Well, that ends this...

Carr Bomb said:

Carr Bomb said:

And calls balanced out in the OSU/Miami game. You can't have it both ways.

Oh yeah - one more comment. I think the OSU/Miami game and the Texas/USC games were the two best college football games I ever saw. In each one, every single play counted - edge of your seat counted. The difference was the first was a defensive struggle, the second offensive.

Fiddy said:
006714897.jpg

Notice shirt, hat and crystal football...

Well, that ends this...

That picture SHOULD put an end to the "draft vince young" threads as well imo. What a soar winner..

I dunno if anyone ever reads Michael Vick interviews... but I do NOT want someone with that kind of attitude on my team. Ill have a REAL hard time not hating that person.

I heard Quincy Carter said Dallas was the better team the night we lost 19-10.

What do y'all think about that?

Grid said:
That picture SHOULD put an end to the "draft vince young" threads as well imo. What a soar winner..

I dunno if anyone ever reads Michael Vick interviews... but I do NOT want someone with that kind of attitude on my team. Ill have a REAL hard time not hating that person.

someone screamed out for him to do the heisman pose. he did it. end of ordeal.

besides, if there had been a heisman vote after the rose bowl, i doubt reggie wouldve received a single vote (well, Matt wouldve thought Reggie was still the better player, so i guess 1 vote)

Htown34s said:
He can keep saying that until the day he dies...but UT will still have the 2005 NC trophy.

I think the point is the inconsistency:

Leinart says we were the better team and I should be the first pick = he is bad.

Young says I was the better player (Heisman) and I should be the first pick = he is good.

Runner said:
I think the point is the inconsistency:

Leinart says we were the better team and I should be the first pick = he is bad.

Young says I was the better player (Heisman) and I should be the first pick = he is good.
Only Young and Texas proved they were the better player/team on the field. See the difference?

stevo3883 said:
someone screamed out for him to do the heisman pose. he did it. end of ordeal.

besides, if there had been a heisman vote after the rose bowl, i doubt reggie wouldve received a single vote (well, Matt wouldve thought Reggie was still the better player, so i guess 1 vote)

Im just not a fan of his attitude... everytime he opens his mouth something he says rubs me the wrong way. hes cocky.. hes self-centered.. the good news is that his confidence helps the team.. the bad news is that it also makes him unbearable :P.

With his overall production being inconsistent over the past few weeks, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was asked if opposing teams had come up with the formula to limit his effectiveness, particularly rushing. "It's not just me. It's not just Mike Vick," Vick said. "I've got other players around me, other people around me, coaches who are supposed to do everything in their power to put everybody on offense in a better position. It's not just me."

just replace "Mike Vick" with "Vince Young" and that will be us in a few seasons if we draft Young.

Just my opinion.. i know plenty disagree..and I know there are plenty of arguments to support those disagreements.. we dont need to go into it again hehe.

Huge said:
Only Young and Texas proved they were the better player/team on the field. See the difference?

No I don't. Texas showed they were the better team on the field - they won the Championship the way the system was set up. The Heisman voting was pre Rose Bowl - Bush won the Heisman the way the system is set up. Both were fair and square.

I regret my choice to post something on the topic of Vince Young. I am now done.

Then let me expand since you don't see the difference.

After not winning the Heisman, Vince Young said he was the best player and that Texas was the best team. He/They then went out and proved it.

After losing to Texas, Leinart claims that he feels USC is the better team.

Still don't see the difference?

Grid said:

I dunno. That picture shows the sorta guy that likes to prove people wrong.

He got mad at the things the Kansas coach said and brought down extreme vengence on a defense that was allegedly supposed to be pretty good.

My preference if we do not draft him, (which I know we probably won't), is that VY doesn't end up at TN and that we see him twice a year. I know that the VY detractors think that will end up being a good thing for us but he is just not someone I would like to bet against succeeding.

I don't see the Mike Vick analogy at all. I've heard VY in lots of interviews and I don't understand why you dislike him so much. To me, he seems to be very likable, respectful to his family, acknowledging that he may be a role model, and gives credit to his teammates whenever he can.

Your antipathy toward him is baffling.

Runner said:
And calls balanced out in the OSU/Miami game. You can't have it both ways.

How can you say the calls balance out in the OSU/Miami game.

That call is regarded as one of the worst calls in a championship game ever.

Maybe the reason why Lienart thinks he has the better team is because he sat and listened to how he had the best team ever. The 2005 tojans would of been slaughtered by the 2004 trojans.

Carr Bomb said:
How can you say the calls balance out in the OSU/Miami game.

Be honest with yourself - how can you say they didn't? Or how can you say they did in the UT game?

Just because it was on one of the last plays of the game it stands out. If you get a chance to rewatch the game on ESPN classic, watch the Miami cornerbacks throughout the game. There was a little holdoing going on throughout the game.

You may have the last word - I'm now done with discussing two of the finest college games I've seen.

profan said:
How about, We had a good run but just did not get it done. Hats of to Texas. There a great team. I expect to be drafted high in the first round. There are some good athletes, including my own teamate. I think there are a number of us who could be selected #1. I'm just thankful i will have the oppurtunity to play in the nfl and look forward to working hard to take my game to the next level.

Runner said:
Carr gets dogged for not saying stuff like that.

That would have been the Classy thing to say .....

Something I would expect to hear from Carr.... The guy is nice to a fualt. :)

Texans_Chick said:

He got mad at the things the Kansas coach said and brought down extreme vengence on a defense that was allegedly supposed to be pretty good.

My preference if we do not draft him, (which I know we probably won't), is that VY doesn't end up at TN and that we see him twice a year. I know that the VY detractors think that will end up being a good thing for us but he is just not someone I would like to bet against succeeding.

That is EXACTLY what I am most worried about. I would be perfectly happy with Reggie Bush or a sweetheart trade down deal, but I fear what Vince would do to the Texans if they pass on him.

Hell hath no fury like a Vince Young scorned.

Texans_Chick said:

No, not even the Vince Detractors want to face hm twice a year. Even though he can't read an NFL defense, Can't play under center, can't throw overhanded, and his mobility won't amount to big plays in the NFL, nor will his will be imposed on any NFL team, ...... It would be better if he went to a team outside of our conference.

But.......... I think Matt may have a point, they may have been the better team.... The better team doesn't always win. I won't for a minute think Pittsburgh is better than Indianapolis this year. Other than that game, I can't think of one phase of the game that Pittsburgh betters Indy. I can't imagine Indy wanting to trade any player with Pitt, straight up.... Marvin Harris for Heins Ward....... nope, I don't think so. Ben for Peyton...... uhn-uhn. But Indy got beat, manhandled, whooped. But Indy was/is the better team. Let them play again this week, let's see what happens. I wish it were true, but the best team doesn't always win.

That was a great game....... Indy/Pit......... UT/USC........ Nobody was picking Texas to win..... on Paper, USC had it. But that's why we play the game.

Bad calls aside, that one bonehead move by Reggie....... that could've changed the whole gaaa... well it did, it changed everything. that was like a 14 point swing..... Reggie doesn't do crap like that........ that wasn't normal.. that was an anomally. If that didn't happen, USC more than likely wins. Just because it did, doesn't make Texas a better team. It would make me question my heisman vote, but that's a different story all togheter......

and......... ask me, and I'll tell you I should be the NumberOne pick, and I'm not even eligible.

Texans_Chick said:

I don't see the Mike Vick analogy at all. I've heard VY in lots of interviews and I don't understand why you dislike him so much. To me, he seems to be very likable, respectful to his family, acknowledging that he may be a role model, and gives credit to his teammates whenever he can.

That picture makes me kinda WANT to draft him now. Here is a guy who has played with a chip on his shoulder. Here is a guy whe just exudes the word leader. I like Carr, i really do, which makes this issue tough for me. But the fact is we were the worst team in the league last year and we have to go BPA. We simply do not have the luxury of picking for need at this point.

Here's my thing about the big game. Overrall, the game was not a well reffed game. I thought that the referees did a less than respectable game. I still think that USC was the better team, better than USC. I don't like either of them football wise. Anyways...Individually, the only impressive performance that game was VY. Leinart did not play that well, and did not make smart decisions throughout the course of the game, let alone the end of the game, at least to me. If anyone on the USC team cost them the game, it was Carroll. His D plan was horrible, and played right into the hands of VY. JM:twocents:

bigTEXan8 said:
Here's my thing about the big game. Overrall, the game was not a well reffed game. I thought that the referees did a less than respectable game. I still think that USC was the better team, better than USC. I don't like either of them football wise. Anyways...Individually, the only impressive performance that game was VY. Leinart did not play that well, and did not make smart decisions throughout the course of the game, let alone the end of the game, at least to me. If anyone on the USC team cost them the game, it was Carroll. His D plan was horrible, and played right into the hands of VY. JM:twocents:

Wait... What?!

re. matt leinart not letting go, Texas did have that one touchdown given to them. it never should have counted.

ps. i was rooting for texas to win.

Carr Bomb said:
He is sitting on Rome is burning, still claiming USC was a better team than Texas and gave the game away. He also says he should be the #1 pick

He should be the first pick him or young either one one of those would be a steal for us.

Even pete Carrol agrees

USC Coach Pete Carroll, though, has thought about it. Since he has an NFL background, I asked Carroll the big question: If it's between Leinart or Bush, who goes No. 1?

``Quarterbacks are harder to find, you know, historically,'' Carroll said. ``I'm not trying to take anything away from Reggie. But there's been numbers and numbers and numbers of great running backs that have been third-round picks.

``So really it's the supply-and-demand thing. Quarterbacks are so hard to find. When you have one, everything in the world is easier. If you don't, you're dead.''

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13253600.htm

oh and this article came out after R. Bush monster game againts Fresno but before they got owned by texas.

Doesn't matter what we do, I will fear guys like Young, Bush, Ferguson, Williams, unless they prove to me they are not worth fearing.

Texans_Chick said:

I agree 100%. "Antipathy" is too kind. I have seen some of his posts that have been yanked that turned my stomach.

Samer said:
Doesn't matter what we do, I will fear guys like Young, Bush, Ferguson, Williams, unless they prove to me they are not worth fearing.

Maybe it's just the former athlete in me, but I prefer to look at it from the other end: I will not fear a player until they prove to me that I should fear them.

I personally would love to play against Vince Young twice this next season, because I think we'll get 4-5 INTs off of him in those two games, but I know he won't play over McNair so that doesn't really matter. I would not be as eager to play against Matt Leinart or Reggie Bush, and would definitely not be eager to play against Mario Williams. D'Brick I can deal with because he's just one OLineman and if you have an effective defense you should be able to get a pass rush either on him or somewhere else on the line, plus I would not at all be afraid of the running game of that team with D'Brick at LT as he is not a very good run blocker. I would prefer to face a guy like D'Brick out of a 3-4 defense, as very few colleges run it and rookies won't be used to playing against it, plus he's either going to go against a 300+ lb. DE or an OLB that is coming from a stand-up position and with a better running start rather than from a 3-point stance, and I think a 3-4 defense would give D'Brick a ton of trouble.

MorKnolle said:
D'Brick I can deal with because he's just one OLineman and if you have an effective defense you should be able to get a pass rush either on him or somewhere else on the line, plus I would not at all be afraid of the running game of that team with D'Brick at LT as he is not a very good run blocker. I would prefer to face a guy like D'Brick out of a 3-4 defense, as very few colleges run it and rookies won't be used to playing against it, plus he's either going to go against a 300+ lb. DE or an OLB that is coming from a stand-up position and with a better running start rather than from a 3-point stance, and I think a 3-4 defense would give D'Brick a ton of trouble.

I thought you were in the trade down get D'Brick club....... Why would you spend a first round pick for a guy like this.

Carr Bomb said:

I'm not saying that they definitely would have stopped them, but you can't say that it wasn't a possibility. You never know what can happen. A player could have fumbled or Vince could have thrown an interception, or USC could have just stopped them.

Back