Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mark Anderson will sign with the Texans

Sounds like Ogunleye wasn't the guy we needed and he knows it.

Anyone believe Anderson can get to his old form here? Chicago didn't think so. Not being critical, just wondering if anyone knows much about him other than his rookie year...

Anderson doesn't look like a 3 down player, from what I understand he did not use his hands well to shed and lacks upperbody strength. Don't know what happened after his rookie year. Maybe he lacks pass rush moves and after teams had film on him, his lack of moves made him easy to defend... I don't know.

He's quick off the ball, good motor and has speed off the edge. Supposedly has a good attitude and works hard. Has nice upside as a upfield pass rusher, appears nothing more than a rotational type. Seems like he's often nicked up. I think he will turn out to be a good pickup for Texans. I don't expect him to be a Pro Bowler, just a guy who can be a good role player and help the team.

I think someone already mentioned he and DeMeco were teammates at Alabama.

First practice....

..."I'm still learning the defense and the different schemes," Anderson said. "They have some good packages that I've been learning, and I think I could make some plays."

Anderson, who played with DeMeco Ryans at Alabama and entered the NFL the same year, 2006, had 12 sacks as a rookie but only nine over the last three seasons, including 3½ last season....

chronic 10.8.10

Why would we release Ogunleye and not Denney?

Ogunleye actually looked decent to me last Sunday...

Release Antwaun Molden, he's done absolutely nothing in the last 2 yrs.. He's been active for the last 2 games but hasn't been on the field, even the new guy Karl Paymah has at least been on the field.

Coach Gary Kubiak said defensive end Mark Anderson is likely to play a significant role for the first time against the Colts with Earl Mitchell (ankle) and Jesse Nading (knee) listed as doubtful after they were unable to practice last week.

Anderson, previously with the Bears, "has speed and he can rush a passer," Kubiak said. "He's going to help (coordinator) Joe (Marciano) on special teams, too. This is our third week we've had him now, so hopefully we'll get more out of him."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7271572.html

Back