Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mario is still # 2 in the NFL in sacks!!!

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Kerney didn't register any sacks this week so Mario is 1/2 sack behind Kerney with 2 games to play. Here's to Super Mario ending the season as this season's NFL sack king!!!

:fans:

I'm with you Joker, but Manning and Garrard are pretty tough to bring down because one is smart and has a quick release, the other can run. Their backups however, have no chance if they're within arms length of Super Mario. (que the music!!!)

Hey I mean I'm all for getting psyched at Mario's recent performances. But don't you think you guys are getting a bit presumptuous? Yes I see some greatness in Mario's future. And yes if he keeps up what he's been doing over the long haul, he would go down as one of the best ever. But I say we don't let the man get too fool of himself just yet. He still has a lot to show us, and I want to see more.

I'm with you Joker, but Manning and Garrard are pretty tough to bring down because one is smart and has a quick release, the other can run. Their backups however, have no chance if they're within arms length of Super Mario. (que the music!!!)

Garrard would rather give up a sack than throw and INT and well Manning, if he gets a sack there then I vote for Mario for president.

Hey I mean I'm all for getting psyched at Mario's recent performances. But don't you think you guys are getting a bit presumptuous? Yes I see some greatness in Mario's future. And yes if he keeps up what he's been doing over the long haul, he would go down as one of the best ever. But I say we don't let the man get too fool of himself just yet. He still has a lot to show us, and I want to see more.

Presumptuous? Yes we have seen that for the last year and a half in a multitude of threads, on this board, and in different mediums. It is not to often that one of your players is leading the conference in sacks this late in the season, so please be easy on those of us who are fans of a player, on our own team, that has an oppotunity to be the league leader in an important statistical metric for his role.

Presumptuous about what? He *is* 1/2 sack behind Kerney who leads the NFL. And he had a bunch of multiple-sack games recently. Nothing saying he can't do it again next week or the week after and take the lead. I think it's nice to lead in something positive for a change.

Did TexanMike steal someones log-in and post on someone else's account?

Just Kidding Mike and CKw.

Thank God I chose not to eat my cheerios this morning.

Kick some Ass and do not worry about the names Mario, keep up the good work.

I will be very happy if Mario wins the sack award for our conference, as that
should help in PB balloting in the future as I don't expect him to make it this year.
Actually I want DeMeco to make it more than Mario and think he's more deserving, though I'd sure be thrilled if both did but not gonna happen IMO.

Good post. I'm as happy as everyone else, but it doesn't mean that the other 2 guys (VY & RB) can't make the leap that Mario apparently has made in subsequent years, hence it doesn't mean that we were right & everyone else was wrong. What he's doing has no bearing on the other 2. All it means is that mario is tapping into the huge potential the texans front office knew he had.

It would be pretty amazing for Mario to lead the NFL in sacks, and in only his second year. As other posters have said it will be pretty tough to bring down Manning and Garrard, however, after all the grief he received last year I'm hoping he does lead the NFL in sacks. :fireball:

Remember though...Mario was drafted for the purpose of turning Manning into a spoiled brat and throw his OL under the bus after games! I think it's about time Mario turned Peyton's pretty little white jersey green and brown!

If Mario isn't motivated for this game and the next to not only have a chance to make it to the pro bowl, but lead the NFL in sacks...nothing at this point will. Remember, he wanted to break the single-season sack record this year...here's to 10 sacks in 2 games (wishful thinking I know)!!!

:texflag: :d: :fans: :mario2:

Presumptuous? Yes we have seen that for the last year and a half in a multitude of threads, on this board, and in different mediums. It is not to often that one of your players is leading the conference in sacks this late in the season, so please be easy on those of us who are fans of a player, on our own team, that has an oppotunity to be the league leader in an important statistical metric for his role.

Quite defensive now aren't we? Look none of you guys know me but the fact is I'm as big of a fan as any of you guys. So I'm not trying to keep you from being excited about how well Mario has been doing. Hell I'm as excited as any of you! The Broncos game was easily the best game I've ever been to (but considering my games this year were the Titans and Colts, that doesn't say a whole lot). But no doubt Mario's performance was the greatest DEFENSIVE performance I have ever witnessed live. He was in Cutler's face all night. I believe Mario could be one of the best ever at his position, IF he does not get too full of himself. Let's give the man the chance to keep showing us more.

Did TexanMike steal someones log-in and post on someone else's account?

Just Kidding Mike and CKw.

Thank God I chose not to eat my cheerios this morning.

Kick some Ass and do not worry about the names Mario, keep up the good work.

Man I don't know what the deal is because you guys certainly did not get the point of my post. As I said, I believe if he keeps doing what he has been doing, he would become quite possibly the greatest ever at his position. I never downgraded his performance. I never said he got lucky or that there was simply poor pass protection. It was a dominating performance. But some posts have contained quotes about the greatness in Mario's future and the numerous pro bowls, etc. All I care about is that the man does not get too high on himself. If he does, it could send him right back to where he came from: mediocre land. I want more from Mario. I want Super Bowls from Mario and numerous Pro Bowls.

I think it's a big step in the right direction that we can even have this thread and discussion!

Hey I mean I'm all for getting psyched at Mario's recent performances. But don't you think you guys are getting a bit presumptuous?
this is the part that irritated everyone...

The three posts in front of you made no reference to multiple pro-bowls, etc. They made reference ONLY to hoping Mario could get the sack lead THIS season. That doesn't sound "presumptuous", only hopeful.

this is the part that irritated everyone...

The three posts in front of you made no reference to multiple pro-bowls, etc. They made reference ONLY to hoping Mario could get the sack lead THIS season. That doesn't sound "presumptuous", only hopeful.

Kerney didn't register any sacks this week so Mario is 1/2 sack behind Kerney with 2 games to play. Here's to Super Mario ending the season as this season's NFL sack king!!!

:fans:

Read the bold. That was presumptuous. Do I think Mario can do it? As I've said, yes. :texflag:

Oh and just so this doesn't go any longer, I recognize Joker is really saying he is hopeful. But I just have this thing with saying things before they happen. They tend to not always work out like you think or hope.

Just don't get your hopes high about Mario getting a Sack against Manning.

Manning aware of everything at all times it seems, if Mario gets a sack it will not be Manning's fault I am sure of that. Not only that he will throw the ball out of bounds, he won't force many passes. Manning's whole thing is and he's said this "Nothing good EVER comes from sacks." so he's going to do everything to avoid it.

Not only that the secondary has to play well or else any dreams of Mario getting a sack will be dashed. Because any open guy will be hit...I know most of you know how good he is...i'm just saying...I really don't expect Mario to sack Peyton, I don't expect anyone to sack Peyton really.

I mean he gets sacked sure...its just so rare.

Man I don't know what the deal is because you guys certainly did not get the point of my post. As I said, I believe if he keeps doing what he has been doing, he would become quite possibly the greatest ever at his position. I never downgraded his performance. I never said he got lucky or that there was simply poor pass protection. It was a dominating performance. But some posts have contained quotes about the greatness in Mario's future and the numerous pro bowls, etc. All I care about is that the man does not get too high on himself. If he does, it could send him right back to where he came from: mediocre land. I want more from Mario. I want Super Bowls from Mario and numerous Pro Bowls.

Man. Is it that bad to be confused with me? You sure got defensive pretty quick.

For the record I agree with you. And this is from someone who was pulling the Mario bandwagon when it was merely a rickshaw a month before the draft. He's got a nice few games going but when we were looking at drafting him the one negative was he plays in spurts. I want to see that he has the fire burning all season.

Mike

Man. Is it that bad to be confused with me? You sure got defensive pretty quick.

For the record I agree with you. And this is from someone who was pulling the Mario bandwagon when it was merely a rickshaw a month before the draft. He's got a nice few games going but when we were looking at drafting him the one negative was he plays in spurts. I want to see that he has the fire burning all season.

Mike
If he does as you think you like to see him working it, would he be out of this world? :cool:

Mike

Right on man. I just want to see more from Mario.

Oh and it had nothing to do with the comparison to you. I was just trying to make sure everyone got the idea that I wasn't trying to rain on their parade or anything. Just trying to be realistic and not pump myself up about Mario too much just yet.

Mike

Right on man. I just want to see more from Mario.

Oh and it had nothing to do with the comparison to you. I was just trying to make sure everyone got the idea that I wasn't trying to rain on their parade or anything. Just trying to be realistic and not pump myself up about Mario too much just yet.

I hope y'all understood it was a joke, mostly from when I talked to Mike at the tailgate last Thursday. I kid but I understand the post and that you want a bit of realism with your fanatism.

Did Mario get any sacks today? The only one I saw was the one that got taken away. (after the late hit by TJ?):texflag:

mario still shows a sack on nfl.com

I haven't seen vandenbosch from titans (got 3 more today) so not sure where he ranks but he has been tearing it up lately

Mario is 1.2 sack back with Garrard and the Jags at home, We need to start the game with M A R I O and finish with M A R I O. We aint got nothing to lose so lets kick the cat GO MARIO

Mario is 1.2 sack back with Garrard and the Jags at home, We need to start the game with M A R I O and finish with M A R I O. We aint got nothing to lose so lets kick the cat GO MARIO

I recall some folks saying they'd be satisfied if Mario got ten sacks.

Next week will be interesting. I wonder how many starters Del Rio will sit since they don't have the advantage of a bye week to let folks heal.

I hope y'all understood it was a joke, mostly from when I talked to Mike at the tailgate last Thursday. I kid but I understand the post and that you want a bit of realism with your fanatism.

Yeah I knew you were joking man. I was just trying to carry it on. :elmo: - is now my designated joking smiley.

Mike

Back