Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Marcus Coleman's House

Boxscore

Rookie
Just watched a segment on Marcus Coleman and his house on channel 26 (fox news at 9:00) It kind of pi$$ed me off. He is living in a freaking luxurious house, has been busted for drunk driving, and I am paying increased dollar amounts for my PSL seat. Fook Marcus Coleman and his affluence. I have watched him get burned more than once, and I hope he has a great upcoming year, because if he doesn't he will be the next Matt Stevens as far as criticism goes.

I don't know, I think he's played his position well for us in the two years we've had him. I don't necessarily think it's an outrage that he lives in a luxurious house either. Don't pretty much all of the NFL players live in luxurious homes whether they're good guys, bad guys, or somewhere in between.

It just kind of goes with the territory I think. I wouldn't lay all of the price increases on just Marcus's head. He's just one guy and I doubt he's even the most expensive guy with a DWI arrest out there.

Just watched a segment on Marcus Coleman and his house on channel 26 (fox news at 9:00) It kind of pi$$ed me off. He is living in a freaking luxurious house, has been busted for drunk driving, and I am paying increased dollar amounts for my PSL seat. Fook Marcus Coleman and his affluence. I have watched him get burned more than once, and I hope he has a great upcoming year, because if he doesn't he will be the next Matt Stevens as far as criticism goes.

I don't think you can compare Coleman to Matt Stevens if he has a bad year this year. He is making a transition from CB to FS. Also, I wish everyone would not be so hard on Coleman for his DWI. I understand he broke the law, but it is up to the courts to decide his punishment. You make it sound like people who break the law shouldn't be able to make good money or have nice things. I guarantee more than half of the people who come to this MB have broken a law sometime or another, although maybe not as serious as DWI.

I understand he broke the law

No, at this point he is accused of having broken the law.

Folks, a little perspective here--drinking and driving can have horrendous consequences so obviously it should be discouraged, but before you step up to the plate to swing away at him, be honest--everyone sees hundreds of people in their lives that could be DWI, do you step up and talk to them to stop them from harming themselves and others before they drive or just criticize people afterwards. Driving after drinking is so endemic because the vast majority of people waive goodbye to their potentially drunk friends and acquaintances and turn to their significant other and say, boy sure hope he makes it home safe. Don't complain at athletes/stars on the internet because they make money, show your disapproval to the people you meet in everyday life before they drive.

that is very true. If it weren't for his "celebrity" status.. We would never know. Makes me think of all the times I went to a bar and lots of people drive after that :bag: me included

Boxscore said:

can we say haterade?

Calm down Boxscore. Its easy to see you're upset over Coleman's alleged offense, but lets keep perspective here. Now, Coleman blew it on 4th down against the Titans, falling down and leaving Bennet to score - but, he is coming off of his best season with us. He's a great player, and we are fortunate enough to have him. Here's to Marcus never messing up again!

isnt league minimum something like 350k a year? i'll NEVER make that in a single year and starting db's make from 10-20 times that. i'd be worried if he DIDNT live in a big ol house.

I am personally tired of the self-righteous attitude that I read on this board. I will not judge a person based on a newspaper article or a web site article. I hope that justice is served to him as it would be any other; however, I still don't think I am any better a person than he is.

This just in - professional athletes make a lot of money. I couldn't care less how he lives. What I do care about is his effort and the results on the field.

I wouldn't be so quick to complain about how much money Coleman makes or the luxury he lives in. It's not like he's the only well paid athlete out there. I've thought for a long time that they are all over paid and the price of a ticket is nutz. But so are concert tickets that can rake in hundreds of thousands in just one night. Does it make sense that the average new car now costs as much as a home did just 20 years ago ? Try gasoline at $1.90, that 30 years ago was 35 cents. Coleman got crossed up on the final play of the Titans game that would have given us out first win over them and would have made all the non-believers sit up and take notice. DWI is nothing to let slide but to complain about how much he makes when talking about a DWI makes no sense to me. People working for minimum wage get 'em too so I don't see a connection.

I agree that my post was way to harsh, and I will also admit that Coleman is a great defensive back. I guess what got me riled up, was that channel 26 chose to do a special on his lifestyle just a short period of time after his run-in with the law. The publicity segment was a bit poorly timed IMHO. I personally don't hold anything against athletes for how much they make, after all, they are the very best at what they do.

Hey Box,

They probably shot it before the incident and it aired now. Marcus will get his when he faces the judge. Or jury. Probation and a lot of victim impact classes if he is guilty, a goodbye if he is innocent

Box
You simply feel into the trap the fine folks at Fox set up. The media is famous for finding something, anything they think will get us riled up when a high profile individual is involved. Jeez, where would you live if you made that kind of money ? If you wanna get riled, look at Fox. Your initial reaction was no different than some others when Fox decided to take the low road. Forget it.

I sure didn't expect the guy to live in the projects...

So he got waisted....he's not the only one to have...it doesn't make it right though.

I missed the 26 News segment, but I think many purchase homes relative to their income. I have seen the home Nick Van Excel's is building and if Coleman's is any type close, all I can say is I wish I could live in such luxury.

I think if I made the money that the players do, I could get a driver and party and let the driver take me home. Unfortunately, it was a decision that he made and it apparently was a bad one, but this can occur under the influence. We have all made mistakes; I certainly have. Let's see, could we not write a novel on the mistakes of the boyz in the NFL????? :fight:

Back