Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lundy Focused On Philly

Man, I love this kid! I hope he has a breakout season and become either the primary RB on this team or the primary backup to DD.

HOU-TEX said:
Not this Sunday:jam:

Yes he is.

Ill bet that he hands the ball to Jevon Kearse, and lets him run it back for a touchdown.

He said that McNabb is his idol. And that he really wants the Eagles to cream the Texans, just because he is that big of a fan.

:hides:

PhillyFan said:
Yes he is.

Ill bet that he hands the ball to Jevon Kearse, and lets him run it back for a touchdown.

He said that McNabb is his idol. And that he really wants the Eagles to cream the Texans, just because he is that big of a fan.
:

Good one.:shades: If he did, Kearse would either trip over his purse or his walker would get stuck in a divet.:stirpot:

this does strike me as sort of a PHILADELPHIA story, the type that makes their fans passionate and just in their own little worlds. There is just one small little detail the Texans drafted Wali not the Eagles & in the 6th rd, so if Andy & staff knew about him why then did they pass on the opportunity to draft this kid? :yikes:

back to the Wali Lundy story, when talking about character guys this is the stuff of legends, something you'd never wish on anyone but once someone has gone through it and come out the other side makes you something extra special, my prayers and thoughts to Wali and the family he has left. :thumbup

beerlover said:
this does strike me as sort of a PHILADELPHIA story, the type that makes their fans passionate and just in their own little worlds. There is just one small little detail the Texans drafted Wali not the Eagles & in the 6th rd, so if Andy & staff knew about him why then did they pass on the opportunity to draft this kid? :yikes:

back to the Wali Lundy story, when talking about character guys this is the stuff of legends, something you'd never wish on anyone but once someone has gone through it and come out the other side makes you something extra special, my prayers and thoughts to Wali and the family he has left. :thumbup

His name was bandied about by the draftniks prior to the draft but the Eagles didn't have a big focus on RB this last draft and they were busy packaging picks to move up in getting players of need. It seems that they typically do have one draft pick with a local flare to it, ala Brian Westbrook. They can't draft them all, but I think they may have drafted him if he would have lasted. Jeremy Bloom has his roots in philly if I'm not mistaken so there's your local flare draft pick this year. Raheem Brock out of temple a couple of years ago although they couldn't get him signed and he went to Indy where he is currently a starter.

Lundy looks good, I hope he does well this year (against the cowboys, skins and Giants)

PhillyFan said:
He is an Eagles fan.
Actually, what was left out of the story because it's a Philly paper is that Lundy felt slighted by the Eagle's for not taking him.
He vowed to run for over 150 yards and 2 TDs agaist them, and make fun of McNabb when he barfs again...
He was nice enough that he promised not to laugh when Westbrook and Buckhalter are injured (again!), and are lost for the season (again?)...

It's safe to say that we got a good kid here. I like the fact that he's humble and knows how to remain focus regardless of what's going on around him.

michaelm said:
Actually, what was left out of the story because it's a Philly paper is that Lundy felt slighted by the Eagle's for not taking him.
He vowed to run for over 150 yards and 2 TDs agaist them, and make fun of McNabb when he barfs again...
He was nice enough that he promised not to laugh when Westbrook and Buckhalter are injured (again!), and are lost for the season (again?)...

Nice, classy post. Anyway, I doubt the Lundy scares the Eagles defense. It's better this year than it was last year, and last year, they completley shut down Tomlinson. Now unless LUNDY is better than TOMLINSON, then I doubt they have much to worry about from him.

Dawkins said:
Nice, classy post. Anyway, I doubt the Lundy scares the Eagles defense. It's better this year than it was last year, and last year, they completley shut down Tomlinson. Now unless LUNDY is better than TOMLINSON, then I doubt they have much to worry about from him.

Because shutting down a running back has nothing to do with the offensive line, offensive play calling, or game situation. :sarcasm:

Dawkins said:

Well, that was ONE game where your D stepped up. There were a couple of others. But, you guys sucked against the run most of last year.

You gave up 112 and 2 touchdowns to Portis, 160 yards rushing to the Rams, 112 and 124 to Tiki, 111 to Gado, over 200 yards to the Broncos (126 to Anderson, 107 to Bell, and 22 to Plummer in the same game), 140 yards in one of the Cowboy games, over a hundred to the Chefs, 117 to Dunn, and 68 to Vick.

You guys did have a few good games against the run but for the most part, you didn't. Last year you had problems against teams with mobile QB's and teams using zone blocking schemes. Guess what you're facing tomorrow?

The Pencil Neck said:
You guys did have a few good games against the run but for the most part, you didn't. Last year you had problems against teams with mobile QB's and teams using zone blocking schemes. Guess what you're facing tomorrow?

Woot!

:fans:

phantom17 said:
Beerlover- nice find! I 'm hoping that this is the start of Wali's World in H-Town!:)

Love the "Wali-World" reference....could this be a national lampoon vacation for someone??? We shall soon find out.

I have to admit that I didnt know much about the kid coming out of college but after looking at the system virginia ran this kid compliments our system and should succeed.

Back