Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

London

Depending on when, I might go. Used to work in the UK many moons ago. Might be nice to spend a bit of time there again. Bangers and mash and some good fish and chips sounds pretty good.

Id love this so much if it happens. Have to arrange a TTalk meet up if anyone is coming over.

I sometimes forget how many fans we have 'over the pond' .. I've never been to Europe, so if this happens I would try to go, but more importantly knowing we have fans in these faraway lands that maybe could show other fans around and commune under their common pain over loving the Texans is comforting.

Not this season

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Eagles-Jaguars among London games in 2018

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 11, 2018, 8:19 AM EST
1103_nfl-uk-624x413.jpg

The Eagles are making their first trip abroad, as part of the latest crop of NFL games going to London.

Via Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles road game against the Jaguars will be among the three games played in London next season.

Other matchups include Seahawks-Raiders and Chargers-Titans, though the league is set to announce the full slate with dates and times later this morning.

The Eagles were among the six teams yet to play abroad, along with the Seahawks and Titans.

That leaves the Packers, Panthers and Texans as the last three teams to make an appearance, and the league’s international arm has made it clear they want to get everyone there at some point.

Depending on when, I might go. Used to work in the UK many moons ago. Might be nice to spend a bit of time there again. Bangers and mash and some good fish and chips sounds pretty good.

Bangers and mash, also known as sausages and mash, is a traditional dish of the British Isles made of sausages and mashed potatoes, and may consist of one of a variety of flavoured sausages made of pork, lamb, or beef, or a Cumberland sausage.
Wikipedia

Had to look that up. Sounds good. Except for the lamb.

:coffee:

Texans, Packers, and Panthers will now be the only teams that haven't played in London according to Lopez and Cody Stoots on 610 radio. They also said the Texans play the Panthers in 2019 so they were speculating the Texans may end up playing the Panthers in London for the 2019 season. That would be interesting.

Bangers and mash, also known as sausages and mash, is a traditional dish of the British Isles made of sausages and mashed potatoes, and may consist of one of a variety of flavoured sausages made of pork, lamb, or beef, or a Cumberland sausage. Wikipedia

Bangers and mash can be some of the best pub food you might run on to. I probably had it once a week for lunch when I was working there. London also has some of the best Indian food you can get.

That would be cool since I'm in Europe already. I was wondering when the Texans would finally get their visit. Soon enough, I'll get to enjoy games in Houston. I've been looking forward to that for the 6 1/2 years.

I saw maybe 4 Texans games between 2002 and 2010. I was living in Duluth, MN. Oh, the grief I took up there by Vikings and Packers fans. I don't think the Texans have beaten either of those teams.

Anyway, I hope you get your wish! I used to fly over to Kendal, Cumbria 4 times a year between 2012 and 2014. I was the Director of QA for a company over there. We had divisions in the US, UK and China but the home company was in Kendal. It rained like hell every time I went there.

Bangers and mash, also known as sausages and mash, is a traditional dish of the British Isles made of sausages and mashed potatoes, and may consist of one of a variety of flavoured sausages made of pork, lamb, or beef, or a Cumberland sausage. Wikipedia

The full English breakfast is really good. Fired eggs, grilled tomato, blood sausage, toast and ham. I ate it once a week at a bed and breakfast they put me up in. First time I was there I ate it 3 days in a row thinking it was the "normal" thing to do there. It's not and it's way too much food at 6 in the morning.

I saw maybe 4 Texans games between 2002 and 2010. I was living in Duluth, MN. Oh, the grief I took up there by Vikings and Packers fans. I don't think the Texans have beaten either of those teams.

Texans are 1-3 v. Green Bay. In 2008 beat them in GB with Schaub in what was billed as the coldest game of the season, 3 degrees.

Texans are 0-4 v. Minnesota.

Texans are 1-3 v. Green Bay. In 2008 beat them in GB with Schaub in what was billed as the coldest game of the season, 3 degrees.

Ah, yes, thanks for that. I forgot about that GB game. If you didn't look that up you have a really good memory.

Ah, yes, thanks for that. I forgot about that GB game. If you didn't look that up you have a really good memory.

Looked up the records, remembered the game.

It stands out because everyone assumes the Texans can't play in cold weather. They've done it in Chicago as well, with Carr no less. 4-0 against the Bears.

The full English breakfast is really good. Fired eggs, grilled tomato, blood sausage, toast and ham. I ate it once a week at a bed and breakfast they put me up in. First time I was there I ate it 3 days in a row thinking it was the "normal" thing to do there. It's not and it's way too much food at 6 in the morning.
That sounds so damn good

They also said the Texans play the Panthers in 2019 so they were speculating the Texans may end up playing the Panthers in London for the 2019 season.

That would take away a Texans home game if that were to happen.

Bangers and mash can be some of the best pub food you might run on to. I probably had it once a week for lunch when I was working there. London also has some of the best Indian food you can get.

The Indian food is amazing. Was there last year and due to Brexit the pound took a ding, which made London much more affordable.

What a memorable game that was. Brought Rudy’s from Austin to warm up for some biz partners before the game.

I hate just about everything about the games played overseas so that's all I've got to say about that.

I agree with you completely but ironically I would consider traveling to one just for the experience. Helps that I have a very good friend in the London area that I only see every year or two when he comes home to visit family

I love how Indian food is pub grub there. The Red Lion Pub on Shepherd in Houston does a good imitation and draws lots of expats.

In Kendal, Indian and Chinese food is mainly take-out but those places are numerous. There are few restaurants that have a dining area in Kendal. But the town is beautiful, the people are extremely friendly and the food is good. I brought home some Kendal Mint Cake for my mother several times and she adores it. It was on board Ernest Shackleton's failed expedition to the Antarctic. I read the book Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage (no mention of Kendal mint cake). Truly a marvelous read about mans will to survive. One of the greatest books I've ever read. $2 from Barnes and Noble right now, I paid $17 years ago. Worth it.

I agree with you completely but ironically I would consider traveling to one just for the experience. Helps that I have a very good friend in the London area that I only see every year or two when he comes home to visit family

I love London. I love NFL football. I don't want to see any fan get a home game taken away from them so the league can experiment in markets it has no business in.

In Kendal, ...

Haven't read that one but have read about Shackleton.

Food reputations are too funny. I 1st went to England in 1978. At that time they had a miserable reputation. Truth was their classics we're good country food (including if you lived next to the sea, some seafood). We camped thru England, Scotland & Wales. Met some of the nicest people, just invite you into their home. But beyond pub fare was thin. Food has really progressed over the years.

And Americans have stupid hangups. Most won't eat anything other than certain parts of beef, chicken, pork. I seriously want to shoot the next American that orders 13 substitutions with dressing on the side. Aaack.

Loved the movie where Russell Crowe is playing waiter in France, Americans have at that kind of order, he says 'fish and chips are down the street, get out.'

If you're going to travel the world eat. You'll never understand Paris chomping a Big Mac in the back of a taxi trying to get from one bridge to another.

Food reputations are too funny. I 1st went to England in 1978. At that time they had a miserable reputation. Truth was their classics we're good country food (including if you lived next to the sea, some seafood). We camped thru England, Scotland & Wales. Met some of the nicest people, just invite you into their home. But beyond pub fare was thin. Food has really progressed over the years.

And Americans have stupid hangups. Most won't eat anything other than certain parts of beef, chicken, pork. I seriously want to shoot the next American that orders 13 substitutions with dressing on the side. Aaack.

Loved the movie where Russell Crowe is playing waiter in France, Americans have at that kind of order, he says 'fish and chips are down the street, get out.'

If you're going to travel the world eat. You'll never understand Paris chomping a Big Mac in the back of a taxi trying to get from one bridge to another.
First time there for me was Christmas/New Years 2001. Stayed at a B&B up by Regent's park. Best damn breakfast I'd ever had (until Mexico City in 2016). Ate probably 95% "local" food. Played designated street guide for a pub crawl, etc. and enjoyed lots of pub food. Had to adjust to longer meal times as well. English eggs and milk taste different. Not bad, just thicker/richer. Lots of hearty meats and stews. Bought a 14-day tube pass and got every cent out of it. Biggest adjustment was listening to what would look like a hood rat / gang banger here, but spoke in the most beautiful King's English.

Years ago (Years and Years ago) when I first went to New Orleans we walked all over the French Quarter and when we got hungry started trying to decide where to eat. Right on Royal St was a God damned TGI Friday's. The line went out the door. These people were in a city with epic food and they couldn't pack the morons into that place fast enough. We just walked by shaking our heads.

I love London. I love NFL football. I don't want to see any fan get a home game taken away from them so the league can experiment in markets it has no business in.

I wonder if the game is a Texans home game, do season ticketholders have to pay for that game if they dont want to make the trip to London?

So the Texans manage to embarrass its fan base during Thurday nights, then Sunday nights, then Monday nights............. oh you bet! If the London game is nationaly televised, we gonna be embarrassed if front of the whole European Continent too.

We gonna look lost, out of place and disinterested. We gonna remind them Euros why they love soccer so much.

Believe me, that food from India can be great. I hope it's the Nashville home game they move to London. You know their stadium will overflow in any case.

Back