Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Let's talk about Joe Mixon.

Come on Doc, you are better than that! You should at least include that he hit her in self-defense whether he should have or not; give at least a touch of both sides of the story.
But it’s perfectly fine to constantly show women on TV and in the movies to be kicking guys in the balls and face while completely manipulating their environment.
Seeing how some interpret his action, it seems like I was brought up totally differently than some.........I guess I AM better than that......

The woman slapped Mixon with an open hand.........leaving him with a bruised ego.

Mixon hit the woman in the face with a closed fist........leaving her with a fractured jaw.

Are we going to keep this thread alive or attempt to talk politics and attack posters? Inquiring minds want to know.

For the record, I condemn Mixon’s actions. With that out of the way, you are ok with your daughter being the physical instigator and both shoving and slapping someone else? Someone much bigger and stronger than herself to boot? Where do you stand regarding woman on man violence?
It was also said Mixon didn't use the gay slur until she used the racial one. Also, it was the day after he turned 18. She slapped him twice. He should not have hit her, but it was 10 years ago and he was a kid.

Forgot why I even entered this thread. Does anyone know what 7th round pick the Texans gave up? One of the 3 this year or in 2025?

Seeing how some interpret his action, it seems like I was brought up totally differently than some.........I guess I AM better than that......

The woman slapped Mixon with an open hand.........leaving him with a bruised ego.

Mixon hit the woman in the face with a closed fist........leaving her with a fractured jaw.
She also incited him by calling him the N word before she slapped him. One things for sure she will never make this mistake again.

BTW, I've never hit a woman before either.

Slapping anyone with an open hand is still assault or battery. You are much better with the legaleze than I. How one is brought up is important but also important is the fact that she shoved him and then struck him before he did anything. a man or a woman doing the striking, I don't think is identified separately in the law?

It was a conditional 7th so it can’t be from this year, right?
that is my understanding as they would not know what it would be until after this season. Another brilliant move by Nick and not a bad one by the Bengals to get at least something for a player they were going to cut. I think Nick did this perhaps two drafts ago trading a sixth round for a veteran offensive lineman iirc? TE?

No you didn't

What does this have to do with politics?

It’s crazy how someone can make up false accusations, then deletes all the evidence and blames other people.

b7f3f3a18ea7926b52324549978231fd.jpg

I do not want Mixon. I don't like his off-field issues, and he relies heavily on the O-line to give him opportunities. You'd might as well rely on Pierce for that. Mixon was a non-factor in three of his seven seasons with the Bengals.
Seriously dude, it’s been 10 years. Let it go. He’s a Texan now and if you don’t like the program, idk what to tell you

Agree with everything you say but legally; based only upon what I know now, he seemed to be defending himself against an attacker; man or woman it's still the same. And for another poster who mentioned getting tickled by getting hit in the face by a woman, well I know some women that would knock him on his ass no matter how big he is.

You may be one of those who think women can be as physically threatening as men if they just believe in themselves. I'm not.

No man needs to go Roy Jones Jr on a woman just because he cannot handle a girl tap. And please spare me the theories involving Helga who can bench 300. We're not talking about outliers, we're talking about regular women who have half the bone density of regular men. You know, like the woman Mixon laid out like Tyson vs Spinks.

This isn't a court. We're not lawyers. There's no rule that we have to be fair or balanced.

I'm of the opinion that a man, especially one as stout ad Mixon, should never hit a woman, especially one as lithe as the one in question, for any reason.
I get you wanting to go opinion over law.

You may be one of those who think women can be as physically threatening as men if they just believe in themselves. I'm not.

No man needs to go Roy Jones Jr on a woman just because he cannot handle a girl tap. And please spare me the theories involving Helga who can bench 300. We're not talking about outliers, we're talking about regular women who have half the bone density of regular men. You know, like the woman Mixon laid out like Tyson vs Spinks.
Where did I say that a woman has to be equally physical to be considered a danger? She slapped him and shoved him and that put her in the ring so to speak. She made a stupid decision. You can color that anyway you want to but it's what happened. You have the right to respond the way you want to and so did he.
as Thunderkyss stated, it's all about opinion and we each have ours. Back to Football.

Are we gonna act like Cincy oline is decent?

He's had up and down seasons, which I always attributed to O-line play. 2020 he had an ankle but 2017 and 2022 he had no season-lingering injuries. I've just never believed him to be the difference maker in the rushing game on that team.

1710301824712.png

Where did I say that a woman has to be equally physical to be considered a danger? She slapped him and shoved him and that put her in the ring so to speak. She made a stupid decision. You can color that anyway you want to but it's what happened. You have the right to respond the way you want to and so did he.
as Thunderkyss stated, it's all about opinion and we each have ours. Back to Football.

Ok. Then you believe breaking a woman's face is the proper way to respond to a woman going batsh!t. I happen to disagree.

Ok. Then you believe breaking a woman's face is the proper way to respond to a woman going batsh!t. I happen to disagree.
He was 18 and I don't know how old she was but I'm assuming approximately the same age. Both acted stupidly but you seem to be ignoring that she physically initiated everything. Being a female does not include having that as a privilege. It has been posted here that both have moved on.

I knew all those facts too. Yes, women and parking attendants can drive a man crazy. So what should we do about it, blow up her face like Mike Tyson?

Try getting hit in the face by a woman. I have. It's cute.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion of Mixon. I'm just explaining mine.

Also know that I didn't start this thread, it was a comment I made in the transaction thread. The mod split it off into a thread, which I'm perfectly fine with, but I need to mention it for context.

Wonderful then.

I have to, almost cost me an eye because she had rings on and inch long finger nails. She wailed on me for a good 10 minutes and everyone around was just laughing because it was just a woman hitting a man. This idea that women can get away with hitting men just because men are physically stronger is very dangerous and has resulted in people accepting, and in some cases celebrating, abuse of men especially in domestic situations.

To your point no I would not walk up and hit Mike Tyson because I know he would rearrange my face so why did this woman feel safe in physically attacking someone that is clearly far stronger than her? Because she has been taught that it's ok for her to do that and there would be no consequences for it.

If he had thrown the first punch it would be a completely different story and I would be the first saying keep him away from he team. As it stands though I'm not going to condemn him for defending himself just because his attacker was a woman.

Seriously dude, it’s been 10 years. Let it go. He’s a Texan now and if you don’t like the program, idk what to tell you

No you're right, it was 10 years ago and who hasn't knocked a girl out cold when they were younger? And the gunshots fired from his house that struck a teenager last year is perfectly normal too. These are things decent people get involved with all the time and I should have no problem cheering for these kinds of people.

He was 18 and I don't know how old she was but I'm assuming approximately the same age. Both acted stupidly but you seem to be ignoring that she physically initiated everything. Being a female does not include having that as a privilege. It has been posted here that both have moved on.

I thought we settled this. You've already explained your justification of trucking a woman's face like Roy Jones Jr. I had no further argument.

You must have never been hit by a woman. I have. It HURTS.

I think what's missing from one side of the conversation of men getting hit by women is the understanding that men always have a physical alternative. There are ways to physically neutralize a situation with a crazy woman without the irresponsible decision to strike her. I know from experience. If you do not understand this, just take a few grappling instructions. I promise that's all it takes. It's so easy for a man to subdue a woman it's almost unfair, yet infinitely more responsible than striking her.

Last edited:
You must have never been hit by a woman. I have. It HURTS.

I've had my face worked by a semi-pro boxer while sparring, had my nose reconstructed after getting jumped at school, and I've challenged a female athlete at a party to punch me in the face multiple times because the whisky told me it'd be funny. Guess which one of those I didn't even feel the next day.

At first she was angry that I was laughing at her in front of her friends after she gave me all she had. Then she got turned on. Derby girls.

Last edited:
I think what's missing from one side of the conversation of men getting hit by women is the understanding that men always have a physical alternative. There are ways to physically neutralize a situation with a crazy woman without the irresponsible decision to strike her. I know from experience. If you do not understand this, just take a few grappling instructions. I promise that's all it takes.

Or you know, the women could just not start hitting the men? Again if I punch Mike Tyson should he have taken grappling instructions because he is far stronger and a better fighter than me?

Also no you don't always have an alternative. In my situation she almost took my eye out with the first swing, which I was not expecting her to throw, and I spent the rest of the time blinded and just trying to keep her from doing more damage.

I've had my face worked by a semi-pro boxer while sparring, had my nose reconstructed after getting jumped at school, and I've challenged a female athlete at a party to punch me in the face multiple times because the whisky told me it'd be funny. Guess which one of those I didn't even feel the next day.

At first she was angry that I was laughing at her in front of her friends. Then she got turned on. Derby girls.

You do realize alcohol causes the central nervous system to not fully register pain right? It's why drunks can get up and walk with severe injuries.

Or you know, the women could just not start hitting the men? Again if I punch Mike Tyson should he have taken grappling instructions because he is far stronger and a better fighter than me?

Also no you don't always have an alternative. In my situation she almost took my eye out with the first swing, which I was not expecting her to throw, and I spent the rest of the time blinded and just trying to keep her from doing more damage.

Let's not change the discussion to irrelevant scenarios. I'm not talking about a woman using a weapon on you and I'm not talking about punching Mike Tyson.

Y'all need to stop arguing just to argue. This issue is simple.

Let's not change the discussion to irrelevant scenarios. I'm not talking about a woman using a weapon on you and I'm not talking about punching Mike Tyson.

Y'all need to stop arguing just to argue. This issue is simple.

What weapon did I say she used? Also no the issue is not simple.

I don't think anybody is saying that. I interrupt what he's saying as women can and should be held equally accountable for assaulting a big bad man. Doesn't excuse or condone the decision Mixon made, but I think that's the point he's trying to get across. Don't want to put words in anyone's mouth though so don't hold me to that.

No you're right, it was 10 years ago and who hasn't knocked a girl out cold when they were younger? And the gunshots fired from his house that struck a teenager last year is perfectly normal too. These are things decent people get involved with all the time and I should have no problem cheering for these kinds of people.

And no 17, 18 year old has ever done anything stupid or something they'd regret. Gotcha. Speaking only for myself, I never hit a woman, but I've done plenty of stupid ass things I shouldn't have when I was younger that I grew out of. 17, 18 year olds aren't who they end up as later in life. I mean, some remain scum of course, but normally you grow out of that shit.

At first she was angry that I was laughing at her in front of her friends after she gave me all she had. Then she got turned on. Derby girls.
What does consensual sparring have to do with getting violently attacked?

Lol.

I hope you never experience what I have experienced. I’ll say nothing more on this topic as -you- are definitely enabling their behavior with your logic. My PTSD says thanks but no thanks. Back to FOOTBALL, GDI!

I don't think anybody is saying that. I interrupt what he's saying as women can and should be held equally accountable for assaulting a big bad man. Doesn't excuse or condone the decision Mixon made, but I think that's the point he's trying to get across. Don't want to put words in anyone's mouth though so don't hold me to that.

And no 17, 18 year old has ever done anything stupid or something they'd regret. Gotcha. Speaking only for myself, I never hit a woman, but I've done plenty of stupid ass things I shouldn't have when I was younger that I grew out of. 17, 18 year olds aren't who they end up as later in life. I mean, some remain scum of course, but normally you grow out of that shit.

Yes, women should be held accountable in general. But in the real world, we all know there are special rules for them. Try winning an argument with your wife/gf based on evidence that indisputably proves them wrong. If it happens too often, you'll eventually be sleeping on the couch.

I also did very stupid things when I was young. But let's be honest, you watch that video of Mixon at the bar and you know that's different from typical teenager stupidity. Punching a woman like she's a grown man is a bad sign in someone's character. Successive incidents with this guy only reinforce the impression.

Yes because it is so rare and unusual for women to be wearing rings. I guess that should have been my first clue she was going to attack when I saw her wearing rings.

Look you have your feelings on this based on your experiences and that's cool but please stop disregarding others experiences and trying to say this is a simple issue because it is very much not.

Back