Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lendale has Hamstring Tear...

he's had that injury for awhile now...i forget when it was first reported but that was the reason he didnt work out at the combines either...no workout as of date....not very good for a back trying to get into the NFL, no forty times, very weak bench press....doesnt look good for him.

Ok he is injured, then why didn't he come out with it at the combine or at the pro-day instead of being labelled a smuck.

In my book this reinforces the fact that the guys is a smuck

:mad:

This guy has more red flags than the United Nations. I wouldn't use any first day pick on him myself. I watched plenty of him this year, and I always had reservations, which started with a trickle, but is now a flood.

His stock fell because of the weight (obvious) but also due to the fact he wouldn't run. If anything this seems like it would give folks a bit more confidence in grabbing him in the first round. When the hamstring heals he can run again and drop the weight etc... It gives some legitimacy for why he looked like crap. Just a little though because he could have been working that upper body.

Tale Gator said:
His stock fell because of the weight (obvious) but also due to the fact he wouldn't run. If anything this seems like it would give folks a bit more confidence in grabbing him in the first round. When the hamstring heals he can run again and drop the weight etc... It gives some legitimacy for why he looked like crap. Just a little though because he could have been working that upper body.

A bit more confidence in taking him??? I highly doubt it....hell Im not sure I would take him in the 2nd round with his work ethic....what is the guy thinking (months from the draft), and now being just a couple of days from the draft....this guys got a screw or two loose.

sprtsfanatic said:
A bit more confidence in taking him??? I highly doubt it....hell Im not sure I would take him in the 2nd round with his work ethic....what is the guy thinking (months from the draft), and now being just a couple of days from the draft....this guys got a screw or two loose.

What has convinced you that he has a subpar work ethic and/or has a loose screw? The guy wasnt in any problems (that I know of). Give some examples. They guy was hurt and didnt work out at the combine. Its probably better to be thought of as lazy as opposed to damaged goods (especially around draft time). Team will take a bigger risk with a troubled kid then an injured kid.

sprtsfanatic said:

You do understand that the combines are just a small piece of the puzzle -- the big piece being his impressive college record.

"In his three college seasons, White carried 541 times for 3,159 yards and 52 touchdowns. He also added 31 receptions for 331 yards and five touchdowns. A strong runner between the tackles and bullish when he got into the secondary, he ran for more than 1,000 yards in both 2004 and 2005 and was a perfect complement to the more elusive Bush."

I think Clayton misheard the story. I thought he tore his pants trying to pick up a cheeto he dropped.

00000004.JPG

LenDale got so fat, he spilt into two guys, Leonard and Dale.

He's fat because he can't work on cardio with the bum leg. His weak bench is the biggest issue about his work ethic. A week before the draft he will announce he tore a pec or something.

TexansCM said:
He's fat because he can't work on cardio with the bum leg. His weak bench is the biggest issue about his work ethic. A week before the draft he will announce he tore a pec or something.

He has always had that gut hanging over his belt. Ive never seen White "IN-SHAPE". Like Bettis, he's a fat-back with quick feet.

All this means is that he'll be in Black and Gold. No way he gets past Pittsburg @32. He would be the ideal back there.

Stat Overview Rushing Receiving Fumbles
YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2003 141 754 5.3 66 13 6 15 2.5 10 1 0 0
2004 203 1103 5.4 54 15 11 97 8.8 22 2 0 0
2005 197 1302 6.6 46 24 14 219 15.6 49 2 0 0

Both Bush & White had ZERO fumbles

Back