Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Lady refs!

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
Putting this here for today because it involves our Texans game tonight.

Shannon Easton, replacement ref, will be at Reliant tonight. Just thought you guys/gals might be interested. Article is in the local ragsheet aka The Houston Chronicle!

All I gotta say is GOOOOOO SHANNON!! Show um what the lady's can do!!

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://im41.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/easton.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=400]http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/shannon-easton_nfl_ref.jpg[/IMG]

Be BETTER than the replacement refs.

Someone mentioned this before... When (if?) the regular refs return, she'll be cast aside and the excuse will be, well, she was just caught up with the rest of the replacements. Her removal has nothing to do with gender...

I'm not 100% sure why there have been so few female refs other than I assume most refs were players at some point or another. However, if she knows the rules and calls a good game, I hope she sticks around.

I want the best ref doing the job, irrespective of color, creed, gender, etc

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://im41.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/easton.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=400]http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/shannon-easton_nfl_ref.jpg[/IMG]

Assuming they don't get a deal done by week 1, should we get Texan Bill to take one for the team and get some calls to go Schaub's way for once?

Assuming they don't get a deal done by week 1, should we get Texan Bill to take one for the team and get some calls to go Schaub's way for once?

Not sure Bill would be interested. She's 42 yrs/old and very doubtful she swings from a pole! :TexanBillAtNight:

You know it seemed like tiger woods spent the night getting the rules explained to him from the lady ref, her jaw was moving every penalty.

Lady refs are not, that group of officials had no business being on the field. It is obvious that the replacement refs are not qualified at the NFL level. They are affecting the integrity of the game and the NFL needs to step up and do something before the season starts.

Where did they find these people, I don't think I have ever seen a college game as bad as a lot of these preseason games. Maybe the college refs would not move up for a temp job and risk losing theirs, I don't know

You know it seemed like tiger woods spent the night getting the rules explained to him from the lady ref, her jaw was moving every penalty.

LOL, that was the same name we called him when he refereed the game last Saturday night in Dallas. We were joking that every call he made, he looked like Tiger the night his wife confronted him. Of course on the big screen he was even more hilarious except for the fact he dragged that game almost as long as tonight.

There are two on the field.. :D

Bill wants to see if he can help her onto the upright.

Lady refs are not, that group of officials had no business being on the field. It is obvious that the replacement refs are not qualified at the NFL level. They are affecting the integrity of the game and the NFL needs to step up and do something before the season starts.

I had thought the complaining was kind of overblown until this game. All that conferencing and time wasting. Was the lady ref carrying a copy of the rule book and kept pulling it out?

Bill wants to see if he can help her onto the upright.

I had thought the complaining was kind of overblown until this game. All that conferencing and time wasting. Was the lady ref carrying a copy of the rule book and kept pulling it out?

If she was at least she was trying! Those three bozo's on the field couldn't ref a pop warner game! The line refs just stood there. I'm sure the rules of the NFL are so complex and confusing it would take YEARS to feel comfortable remembering them all, so I don't fault them for not knowing it all. BUT, not knowing SIMPLE rules of the game is inexcusable! It doesn't take a genius to recognize a CLEAN QB sack, or an obvious PI! I'm not sure I've ever seen NFL refs call THREE penalties on one play! This group was exceptionally BAD, and I hope they are someplace else on Sept 9th. They got booooooed so bad they will hate Texan fans forever! :aggressive:

If she was at least she was trying! Those three bozo's on the field couldn't ref a pop warner game! The line refs just stood there. I'm sure the rules of the NFL are so complex and confusing it would take YEARS to feel comfortable remembering them all, so I don't fault them for not knowing it all. BUT, not knowing SIMPLE rules of the game is inexcusable! It doesn't take a genius to recognize a CLEAN QB sack, or an obvious PI! I'm not sure I've ever seen NFL refs call THREE penalties on one play! This group was exceptionally BAD, and I hope they are someplace else on Sept 9th. They got booooooed so bad they will hate Texan fans forever! :aggressive:

You would think at least they would make a referee uniform fit her and not make her look like a woman with man clothes on though.

You would think at least they would make a referee uniform fit her and not make her look like a woman with man clothes on though.

thumbnail.aspx

*keeping it "G" rated*

thumbnail.aspx

*keeping it "G" rated*

I figured Bill would like to engage in the following with a female ref: (choose two)

Unneccesary roughness

Hands to the face

Illegal Procedure

False Start

Holding

Illegal use of Hands

Offsides

Encroachment

Illegal shift

Unsportsmanlike conduct

Illegal touching

Did you catch when the head zebra got out there and did his comedy act not being able to decide on or present the correct hand signals for the penalties incurred? That clip could easily go to classic viral.:toropalm:

Did you catch when the head zebra got out there and did his comedy act not being able to decide on or present the correct hand signals for the penalties incurred? That clip could easily go to classic viral.:toropalm:

Ha, yup, that was pretty funny

BTW, I still don't know what the heck happened on the punt. My son came home last night, so it was a busy house. Can someone fill me in on what the refs were doing/calling?

Back