Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak Presser

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
Putting the entire press conferences on the website is the best thing ever. It means that you can read everything that is said and not just what the paper wants to quote:

HT.com

Highlights (or lowlights)

Charles Spencer on PUP. One other player too. hmmm.

No deal with McCardell but the door is open

Mario Williams is one of the three hardest workers in the offseason

Lots of other interesting stuff in there.

Process-wise, how is he doing? We actually went and got this specialized treadmill specifically for Charles that takes weight off his body so he can run on it, an idea we got from the Rockets. He was making great progress but stepping on that football field is another thing. The doctors had decided its time to slow down. They took a peak and its going right and he’s back on the program again. But he’s definitely not ready to get thrown out there, so we are just trying to do the right thing. By doing this we feel like we still have a chance this year. Had we done that we may have set him back so we are trying to be a little more cautious, but he is back to work. It’s just the healing process and we knew it was going take some time but as far as the doctors say, everything is going to plan and its going to continue to take some more time.

Some good, some not so good; still seems like there is a lot of doctor speak going on.

I'd like to see that treadmill.

(on possibility of a Mexican player joining the Texans) “That is true. We are working on that as we speak. We do expect to have a Spanish player in here. At this point we don’t have the name but we can have that for you by this evening.”

(on Mexican player not counting against roster) “Correct, he does not count against the roster. It’s happening around the league. Everybody gets one player.”

:um:

I don't even know where to start with this one.

I guess the news on Spencer isn't much of a surprise. However, I think the things that we are hearing are pretty good w/r/t to the big picture. Worst case scenario is that the cartilidge isn't getting blood and he is essentially done.

Am I being too optimistic to make the conclusion, based on what is being said, that the injury is NOT career threatening?

I guess the news on Spencer isn't much of a surprise. However, I think the things that we are hearing are pretty good w/r/t to the big picture. Worst case scenario is that the cartilidge isn't getting blood and he is essentially done.

Am I being too optimistic to make the conclusion, based on what is being said, that the injury is NOT career threatening?

If the Texans are talking about a serious player injury, it is best to assume that they aren't coming back. Especially if the Chronicle and the Texans website have shiny happy progress articles about them.

And then be pleasantly surprised if they do come back.

Signed,
Tony Boselli

It sounds like good news to me that they expect Spencer back at all this season.

I guess we'll see.

After the "Boselli Incident" (or Joppru, Mathis, etc.), Texans fans are loath to trust anything we hear regarding progress from injuries, until the player actually steps back out on the field and takes some contact.

The most interesting part to me is his admiration for Chris White. This isn't in the presser but was part of the Q&A...

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3419

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=266

“There has been a player that emerged this offseason in Chris White who’s had one of the better offseasons as anyone on our team so I think he’s in that mix,” Kubiak said. “I think Chris will give them a battle. He’s going to get a lot of reps with each one of them sitting out one practice a day.”

Another interesting thing is how he thinks Abbate will be a better FB than Cory Anderson already is. It almost sounds like it's his job to lose...

With that taken place, one of the things we have chosen to do over the last month is we’re going to take the young kid (linebacker Jon Abbate) that we signed and we’re going to try to make a fullback out of him. We’ll see how that goes, but we’re going to give him some repetitions. We’re going to move Jon to fullback, and we’ve been working him in throughout this past month and catching him up. I liked how physical he was in camp, he’s a smaller linebacker, and I like his hands. He’s smart, and that’s what we look for in a fullback. We went to him and said what do you think? We think we can give you an excellent chance to help our football team. We’ll see where he stands. With Jameel (Cook) being out, going to give him an excellent chance. Jameel would be the other possibility (at fullback).”

Putting the entire press conferences on the website is the best thing ever. It means that you can read everything that is said and not just what the paper wants to quote:

HT.com

- Spencer on the PUP. Crap.
- They're sticking with the guys who couldn't answer the bell last year at DB instead of giving the youngsters more of a shot.
- Still no #2 guy that represents a verifiable threat

this is getting depressing.
:(

Nah that's the NFL folks. Trying to internationalize the game. I'm all for that.

Not nearly as fond of increasing the season to 17 games and sending off the teams to wherever.

I wonder what the actual criteria is to qualify for the free 'international' roster spot. foreign citizen? first generation?

I think its a great idea for the free roster spot but I don't think teams should be forced to find a guy. Let it come natural.

As for a 17 game season that is just a horrible idea they are throwing around, TC. That screws up the record books and statistics. Stay at 16...its perfect as is. If anything get rid of a preseason game at a home venue and make it international...maybe the 3rd preseason game could be international. that way the foreign fans get a good product with good playing time from the best players. Having to pay full price (both in ticket and concession) for 2 preseason games has always been the NFL's biggest crime towards their season ticket base.

Who the 'f' is Chris White ?

He's a CENTER!! omfg I would be so happy if we found a diamond in the rough. Flanny is too dinged up and McKinney is below average and Drew is the Matt Stephens of the Center position of the Texans.

A good QB, a good TE, and a good scheme can do a lot for a team's OL. Look at Ben Roethlisberger with the Steelers a few years back. The Steelers had huge losses across their OL and it was predicted to be a problem for them. Well that same year they made the AFC Championship ultimately culminating in a Super Bowl victory the following year. Russ Grimm whipped that OL into shape and turned lemons into lemonade. Hopefully Chris White is a byproduct of a situation similar to the Steelers.

If the Texans are talking about a serious player injury, it is best to assume that they aren't coming back. Especially if the Chronicle and the Texans website have shiny happy progress articles about them.

And then be pleasantly surprised if they do come back.

Signed,
Tony Boselli

I second this posting..

Signed,
Dominic Davis

P.S. Lets talk about a buy-out of my contract..

(on possibility of a Mexican player joining the Texans) “That is true. We are working on that as we speak. We do expect to have a Spanish player in here. At this point we don’t have the name but we can have that for you by this evening.”

(on Mexican player not counting against roster) “Correct, he does not count against the roster. It’s happening around the league. Everybody gets one player.”

We already have one Spanish name on this team...

"Toro"

Its part of trying to make the game more global. A french guy signed with the panthers or falcons, I cant remember which. And a Japanese guy got signed too.

Crybaby post 2 out of 2 for you. I think we have a new troll.

if that's an example of your exemplary deductive reasoning skills...
they need work.

I'm just a bit sick of us picking up every Green Bay and Denver cut victim instead of developing our guys we drafted as Texans.

I ask you, why this guy instead of Enoka Lucas?? Is he really better than Lucas or is it that Sherman knows this guy?? And where was he during OTAs?

And as for my opinions, stop me when I'm lying. Keep reading, you'll find that I don't.

they need work.

I'm just a bit sick of us picking up every Green Bay and Denver cut victim instead of developing our guys we drafted as Texans.

I ask you, why this guy instead of Enoka Lucas?? Is he really better than Lucas or is it that Sherman knows this guy?? And where was he during OTAs?

And as for my opinions, stop me when I'm lying. Keep reading, you'll find that I don't.

Obi Wan: These are not the trolls you are looking for.
Stormtrooper: *click* These are not the trolls you are looking for.

they need work.

Maybe because he's better then Lucas, but there's just no way you could except that is there. I mean there has to be some motive behind all the signings, besides getting the best talent for the team...right?

As for your earlier comments about the secondary, which young guys deserve a shot and why (besides the fact that they are not the current starters)? Just because they are not playing means they are better then the current players, oddly enough it usually means that the back-ups and yong guys have yet to show enough to provive to the coaching staff that they are capable of being the starters.

No one knows unless they were at the OTA's. Were you there? I thought so.

I don't know if you will be lying in your future post but one thing is guaranteed... you will be whining...

Since this team has alot of "Green Bay" and "Denver" on it.. the management might as well work some green, gold, and orange into a logo...

Suggestions anyone?? Photoshop time!

No one knows unless they were at the OTA's. Were you there? I thought so.

I don't know if you will be lying in your future post but one thing is guaranteed... you will be whining...

Perhaps you're right. It may be a simple case of him beating out Lucas. He had to be there during the OTAs because this is where this picture had to be taken...

After reading his bio, I see he was here on our practice squad last year too. I'm satisfied now.

He's a CENTER!! omfg I would be so happy if we found a diamond in the rough. Flanny is too dinged up and McKinney is below average and Drew is the Matt Stephens of the Center position of the Texans.

A good QB, a good TE, and a good scheme can do a lot for a team's OL. Look at Ben Roethlisberger with the Steelers a few years back. The Steelers had huge losses across their OL and it was predicted to be a problem for them. Well that same year they made the AFC Championship ultimately culminating in a Super Bowl victory the following year. Russ Grimm whipped that OL into shape and turned lemons into lemonade. Hopefully Chris White is a byproduct of a situation similar to the Steelers.

Big Ben is 100x better then Sloopy Schaub will EVER be.

I really liked what he had to say in regards to the "Seasons Expectations". Kubiak is building the right frame of mind in these players and expects them to buy in and become what they can be. A Championship Football Team. Playoffs in 08, Go Texans!

I really liked what he had to say in regards to the "Seasons Expectations". Kubiak is building the right frame of mind in these players and expects them to buy in and become what they can be. A Championship Football Team. Playoffs in 08, Go Texans!

You have to believe first.

Playoffs in 07, Go Texans!

Yes I think it's an optomistic prognosis. No he's not ready to bang, yes the cartlidge is getting blood flow. Getting him back at the first of November is better than not getting him back at all. Then again, I keep thinking about the Bosselli deal. We've been across this bridge befor. It's almost like Daja Vu all over again. Kubiak has been honest so far with the injuries. So that's what I'm falling back on. We're going to get him back for the season's end. And again I'm not banging on Salaam. For his age and wear and tear on his body he's given us some great starts. But I'm concerned for sure.

HT.com

I suspect that other person to be Jameel Cook. Apparently he's still having problems with his knee. I see it as a good omen. It'll give Abbate a better chance of making the squad.:)

FBs in this offense have to be able to catch out of the backfield. I hope he can catch.

I also noticed that Lucas was picked up by TB within a day after his release.

of course, they picked up Phillip Buchanon too after we released him. (I wonder if they're standing outside camp, watching our dumpster)
:)

Back