Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak Live at 3:30

I hope the reporters ask some real questions...questions that are representative of the fan base. They don't need to be afraid to get into with Kubiak.

Injury recap:
Schaub: Has headaches, day to day, Kubiak dances around the concussion word

Davis: Bruised ribs:

Flannagan: Had migrains before the game, made worse by the shot he recieved

Green: Knee issues, swelling, day to day

Mario is exceptional?

I'm glad you heard him say that, because I thought I did but then thought,
"nah, he didn't say that". That he'd say that I find exceptional. Maybe someone at the pressure will ask him for a more definetive explanation of
Marios performance.

OD with a reoccuring injury from college???? WTH?

Dude, calm down and listen fully.

OD had a high ankle sprain in college, this we knew, and OD said the sprain he had is not as bad as the one he had in college.

After the first sprain they become easier to get, but also the recovery is quicker as the additional sprains are less severe.

OD had a high ankle sprain in college, this we knew, and OD said the sprain he had is not as bad as the one he had in college.

After the first sprain they become easier to get, but also the recovery is quicker as the additional sprains are less severe.

I never knew OD had a serious injury in college. Ankle sprains are bad...without OD our passing game is going to be even more piss poor. He is our best receiver as AJ is out.

Look everybody it's the out-of-context birgade!!

Y'all are getting out of control:
kubiak said there would continue to be a heavy rotation at the CB2 spot, but please feel free to continue and ignore that. I know that the even the hint of Kubiak saying that Petey is the starter and will play everydown is some of y'alls wet dream.

kubiak said there would continue to be a heavy rotation at the CB2 spot, but please feel free to continue and ignore that. I know that the even the hint of Kubiak saying that Petey is the starter and will play everydown is some of y'alls wet dream.

Should I not get mad about Petey even playing? How does it not make you mad....do you watch these games with your eyes closed when we play defense?

not lately he hasnt

That's because other teams actually have safeties, and they use them to cover him because without him we don't have enough weapons to stretch the field. As suprising as Walter and Davis are...most teams don't need their safeties to cover these guys. They blanket OD.

Should I not get mad about Petey even playing? How does it not make you mad....do you watch these games with your eyes closed when we play defense?

I don't get mad cuase the the options are a) a rookie, who granted is playing well, but is still a rookie and will get burned or b) a CBs who's play on the field had been even worse then Petey's (that would be Fletcher) or c) the undersized cb who is playing FS and doing a fairly poor job of it as well.

As long as their is a rotation with Petey and Bennett I don't see a better option, and therefore there is nothing to get mad about.

I'll get mad if the problem is not addressed in the offseason till then it's like getting mad a the dog for pissing on the carpet when he's been locked in the house all day.

like we can trust them when they report injuries....yeah.

Contrast Kubiak's comments regarding Faggins throughout the season with his comments regarding Mario Williams. Kubiak doesn't hang any player out to dry, but he never really praises Faggins. The best I've heard is when he excuses Faggins for doing the best he can in a tough situation (earlier in the season). Conversely, he consistently states that Mario is doing a great job, exceptional job, etc. His tone with Mario has been positive all season, pretty much since the Cowboys preseason game. So I'm wondering - what job or role does this staff have lined out for Mario? Obviously, Kubiak is happy with how Mario is performing at his job, whatever it may be, so I am curious what that entails. I'm not as down on Mario as many on this board, because I've seen him get pressure and wreak some havoc, but like everyone else, I expect to see more. So what are we missing as fans?

Given the context of other comments regarding players, we have a fair idea of what Kubiak says when he is unhappy with a player. He doesn't throw them under the bus, but he doesn't come out and use words like exceptional for many players besides Ryans, Robinson, Johnson, Schaub, and Williams. What gives?

I don't get mad cuase the the options are a) a rookie, who granted is playing well, but is still a rookie and will get burned or b) a CBs who's play on the field had been even worse then Petey's (that would be Fletcher) or c) the undersized cb who is playing FS and doing a fairly poor job of it as well.

Because watching a veteran get burned more often is fun? I don't understand.

First off Petey should not play past nickel situations, at this point I'd have fletcher playing nickel and Petey in at dime. I don't care if Fletcher gets burned...atleast I have tested it at this point. Not let one guy get burned all season and then at the end of the season say something like "I should have played these guys more". No.

Secondly, that undersized CB that is playing FS is for some reason starting over Demps. Please explain that to me...at this point I'd put Boulware in over him too...Hutchins at FS has been a joke since it was first announced.

As long as their is a rotation with Petey and Bennett I don't see a better option, and therefore there is nothing to get mad about.

I'll get mad if the problem is not addressed in the offseason till then it's like getting mad a the dog for pissing on the carpet when he's been locked in the house all day.

Why even have a rotation? So the other team can watch Petey come in and put their best reciever on him. Then watch as our defense makes no adjustments.

I wonder if Matt Stevens would still be our safety if Kubiak coached from day one?

Don't know anything about Matt Stevens so that went right over my head. Explain please. But yes, some of his decisions (like if he continues to bench White and keep Flanagetuskilled in) really baffle me. Like I've done in the other thread, I will continue to have faith in him. But he better step up and be a head coach and stop letting his goes goof off. He needs to be the coach not their drinking buddy.

Because watching a veteran get burned more often is fun? I don't understand.

First off Petey should not play pas nickel situations, at this point I'd have fletcher playing nickel and Petey in at dime. Secondly, that undersized CB that is playing FS is for some reason starting over Demps. Please explain that to me...at this point I'd put Boulware in over him too...Hutchins at FS has been a joke since it was first announced.

Why even have a rotation? So the other team can watch Petey come in and put their best reciever on him. Then watch as our defense makes no adjustments.

Why would you want Fletcher to play the nickel instead of Petey? Fletcher has easily been the worst of the CBs this year. Petey and Bennett are probably 2a and 2b as fas as talent and ability goes right now, Fletcher is a distant 3 and everybody else sucks even more.

There is a difference between Petey playing Richard Smith's failure to make any adjustments. This defense is doing nothing to help the CB2, it was not Petey's fault that they asked him to cover Steve Smith, are the rest of the opposing team #1 WRs.

Don't know anything about Matt Stevens so that went right over my head. Explain please. But yes, some of his decisions (like if he continues to bench White and keep Flanagetuskilled in) really baffle me. Like I've done in the other thread, I will continue to have faith in him. But he better step up and be a head coach and stop letting his goes goof off. He needs to be the coach not their drinking buddy.

You don't know who Matt Stevens is? You missed out. Rickey Williams is still looking to get his shoe back.

Matt Stevens loved the piggy back ride as a kid and continued that through his Texans career.

how long you been a fan if I may ask?

Why would you want Fletcher to play the nickel instead of Petey? Fletcher has easily been the worst of the CBs this year. Petey and Bennett are probably 2a and 2b as fas as talent and ability goes right now, Fletcher is a distant 3 and everybody else sucks even more.

There is a difference between Petey playing Richard Smith's failure to make any adjustments. This defense is doing nothing to help the CB2, it was not Petey's fault that they asked him to cover Steve Smith, are the rest of the opposing team #1 WRs.

How in the world do you see Petey and Bennett the same as far as talent and ability? Are you kidding me?

As far as this goes, I don't care who's damn fault it is. Be it Richard Smith or Faggins. The guy can't cover receivers. Therefore does not deserve to make his money covering receivers.

Faggins has been getting burned for years now. Fletcher and Bennett are new guys on this team. Give them a chance to play on it and make a freakin impact. Why watch a guy who has gotten burned ever since he has been on this roster get burned more? That sounds freakin retarded to me. Faggins has all the advantage over Fletcher and Bennett. He has played here longer, he knows the system better, and he has more PT experience. Yet he is still outplayed by the rookie Bennett.

Every year of the franchise but actually became a big Texans fan in 05 surprisingly. The ultimate fair weather fan I must admit.

Now, would you mind explaining your intentions in asking me that question?

That's because other teams actually have safeties, and they use them to cover him because without him we don't have enough weapons to stretch the field. As suprising as Walter and Davis are...most teams don't need their safeties to cover these guys. They blanket OD.

and this excuses his 'dropsies' how?

Every year of the franchise but actually became a big Texans fan in 05 surprisingly. The ultimate fair weather fan I must admit.

Now, would you mind explaining your intentions in asking me that question?

I figured everyone outside of the noob fans knew exactly who Matt Stevens was. I don't know of any player more hated than him in this franchise history.

How in the world do you see Petey and Bennett the same as far as talent and ability? Are you kidding me?

As far as this goes, I don't care who's damn fault it is. Be it Richard Smith or Faggins. The guy can't cover receivers. Therefore does not deserve to make his money covering receivers.

Faggins has been getting burned for years now. Fletcher and Bennett are new guys on this team. Give them a chance to play on it and make a freakin impact. Why watch a guy who has gotten burned ever since he has been on this roster get burned more? That sounds freakin retarded to me. Faggins has all the advantage over Fletcher and Bennett. He has played here longer, he knows the system better, and he has more PT experience. Yet he is still outplayed by the rookie Bennett.

"Faggins has been getting burned for years now" Sorry but wrong, untill asked to be the #2CB Petey had been playing very good ball as the nickel CB.

Just because Fletcher is new does not automatically make him better then Petey. In fact it's been fairly obvoous that when Fletcher is on the field he ahs sucked more then Petey.

I rate Petey and Bennett about equal due to the fact that Petey has more game expeirence. I would not be surprised if Bennett overtakes Petey as teh starter at the #2CB spot, and I sould not be shocked if it happens after the bye week. But don't be shocked if Kubiak continues to rotate them.

"Faggins has been getting burned for years now" Sorry but wrong, untill asked to be the #2CB Petey had been playing very good ball as the nickel CB.

Now I know you don't know what your talking about because Petey has made a handful of plays IN HIS CAREER AS AN NFL PLAYER. The guy has been WAY below average ever since he came into the league. Playing well? Give me a f'in break.

Just because Fletcher is new does not automatically make him better then Petey. In fact it's been fairly obvoous that when Fletcher is on the field he ahs sucked more then Petey.

He has been here for less than a year...give him a chance to learn the system through some playing time. I never said he would be better but give him a chance to GROW into the system.

I rate Petey and Bennett about equal due to the fact that Petey has more game expeirence. I would not be surprised if Bennett overtakes Petey as teh starter at the #2CB spot, and I sould not be shocked if it happens after the bye week. But don't be shocked if Kubiak continues to rotate them.

Experience doing what? Getting burned. Who the hell cares if he has experience watching Steve Smith catch the ball in front of him and experience missing tackles? Experience only matters if you play half way decent. Your rating of CBs is HORRIBLE btw.

Now I know you don't know what your talking about because Petey has made a handful of plays IN HIS CAREER AS AN NFL PLAYER. The guy has been WAY below average ever since he came into the league. Playing well? Give me a f'in break.

Wahyever, we are going to have to agree to disagree here. I think Petey is a good nickel corner, and this is all he is/can be. When asked to play as teh #2 and cover the likes of Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith he is going to get beat like a red headed step child...but then again so are all of our CBs except for Dunta

He has been here for less than a year...give him a chance to learn the system through some playing time. I never said he would be better but give him a chance to GROW into the system.

First off Feltcher was cut from the defensive powerhouse the Lions, and when it happened most were happy to see him leave. In his career Fletcher has shown less the Faggins. I know this maybe be hard for you to accept but no amount of time in the system will make Fletcher any better. FYI, vets don't tend to GROW in any system...they are what the are. Fletcher did not even beat out Petey for the starting spot, and he's done nothing on the field to beat out either Petey or Bennett.

First off Feltcher was cut from the defensive powerhouse the Lions, and when it happened most were happy to see him leave.

You do realize that the Lions lead the league in takeaways, right? Yea, nice one.

First off Feltcher was cut from the defensive powerhouse the Lions, and when it happened most were happy to see him leave. In his career Fletcher has shown less the Faggins. I know this maybe be hard for you to accept but no amount of time in the system will make Fletcher any better. FYI, vets don't tend to GROW in any system...they are what the are. Fletcher did not even beat out Petey for the starting spot, and he's done nothing on the field to beat out either Petey or Bennett.

How is anyone going to beat him out if he is not held accountable? He was benched (edit: I shouldn't say benched more like pulled from #2 CB spot) last week, but this is after being posterized week after week. You know when Steve Smith said "We should run over there ass like it's high school"? He was talking about Faggins, and in his case he did run over him, just like high school.

Also, everyone grows in a system that they are just learning in. Doesn't matter how old you are.

Your bad when it comes to talking about defensive secondary it seems, I will move on.

Matt Stevens was the starting FS for the first two years of the franchise. He could not be trusted as the last line of defense - he was constantly getting burned.

You do realize that the Lions lead the league in takeaways, right? Yea, nice one.

I bet the Lions wished that INTs were the only defensive stat that mattered. The lions were 28th in total D, 25th in pass D, 22nd in plays over 20 yrds allowed, 21 in plays over 40 yards allowed, and no team's oppentents had a higher completion % then the Lions (ie the allowed the highest completion % off all teams in the NFL).

Yup I beat those Lions sure wish that INTs were the only thing that a D had to focus on.

And if Fletcher is so good, remind me off all the teams that tried to sign him this offseason...that's right I forgot about and the and then the tried to sign him.

Fletcher would be out of the NFL if the Texans were not in as bad shape as they are in regards to depth.

Also, everyone grows in a system that they are just learning in. Doesn't matter how old you are.

Name a good play Fletcher has had this season and I'll concede the point.

And if Fletcher is so good

Fletcher would be out of the NFL if the Texans were not in as bad shape as they are in regards to depth.

Who said Fletcher was so good? Not me. About Fletcher having no job in the NFL: That's just either a completely idotic statement or a completely uninformed statement. Fletcher had 3 INTs last year. He also had an INT in both the two seasons before that. He is obviously showing a nack for intercepting the ball in the last few years.

He would easily get picked up by another team if he were cut by us.

Name a good play Fletcher has had this season and I'll concede the point.

Name a play that Petey has made. Name a game where Fletcher played half as much as Petey. I'm not saying Fletcher is good or not. I am saying give him a chance over someone who continually gets exposed for what he is, a bad football player.

Conversely, he consistently states that Mario is doing a great job, exceptional job, etc. His tone with Mario has been positive all season, pretty much since the Cowboys preseason game. So I'm wondering - what job or role does this staff have lined out for Mario? Obviously, Kubiak is happy with how Mario is performing at his job, whatever it may be, so I am curious what that entails.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I have to wonder if Mario being his first pick as a new HC has anything to do with it.

I'm not a hater and not calling him 'bust', but dude just fails to impress me. Perhaps I should expect nothing, and my expectations will then be fulfilled. Pretty much how I feel about this franchise in general right about now.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I have to wonder if Mario being his first pick as a new HC has anything to do with it.

I'm not a hater and not calling him 'bust', but dude just fails to impress me. Perhaps I should expect nothing, and my expectations will then be fulfilled. Pretty much how I feel about this franchise in general right about now.

As a fellow cynic, I'd be with you on that, except Kubiak has pointed out, in the past, where Mario has had work to do. In the first couple preseason games this year, for that matter. I think Kubiak genuinely sees Mario playing his position well. Without having access to coach's film, I'd really like to know what the heck he's seeing that we're not. I am puzzled.

Who said Fletcher was so good? Not me. About Fletcher having no job in the NFL: That's just either a completely idotic statement or a completely uninformed statement. Fletcher had 3 INTs last year. He also had an INT in both the two seasons before that. He is obviously showing a nack for intercepting the ball in the last few years.

He would easily get picked up by another team if he were cut by us.

Name a play that Petey has made. Name a game where Fletcher played half as much as Petey. I'm not saying Fletcher is good or not. I am saying give him a chance over someone who continually gets exposed for what he is, a bad football player.

Yup cause there was sucha rush to sign the mighty Jamaal Fletcher last offseason.

I mean there were even teams in desperate help at DB that tried to sign him; all I can say is thank god the Texans were abel to talk him into coming here.

I can say that Fletcher would not have a job this year without the Texans because that is what palyed out last offseason. Because no team but the Texans made a move to sign him. NONE. Fletcher was part of one of the worst pass D last year, and now he's part of one of the worst pass Ds this year and he still cannot get on the field.

Do you ever wonder why?

Do you wonder why the Lions let him go?

When you defend a player's performance by pointing out how poorly his backup is performing, you've pretty much conceded the point, IMO.

Back