Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak, Jerry Gray, and Kippy Brown interviewing this week..

Supposedly, McNair is likely to interview Gary Kubiak, Al Saunders, Jerry Gray, Brad Childress, Ron Rivera, Ken Whisenhunt, Tim Lewis, Cam Cameron, and
Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino. He wanted to interview Gregg Williams, but the skins just locked him up, and Rivera has not been granted permission yet, but might be.

Not counting Kippy, who has no chance, and Williams, that leaves 9 candidites. Petrino is out of left field, and I think he is a long shot. By far the most likely to wind up with the job is Kubiak, who has been the person I thought would get it since about mid season. IMO, Saunders and Gray will finish 2nd and 3rd in this close race.

I never thought about Petrino. What do you guys think about him? I think he could be pretty good, but Kubiak would be better.

I think Kubiak is prime for the spot. Hes got the experience, knowledge, and tools, to make the texans special.

With Carr, A.Johnson, D. Davis, and soon to be R. Bush, on his team, he will have all the tools he needs. Grab a LT, and TE in the 2nd, and you are in business.

On defense, he will have his corner in, D. Robinson, his safety's in Brown, and Earl. And a slew of players for his front 7. My personal picks.

FS CC Brown
SS Earl
CB Robinson
CB Faggins / Buchanon
MLB Wong
LOLB Greenwood
ROLB Peek
DE Walker
DE Babin
DT Smith / Johnson
DT Payne / Johnson

QB Carr
TB Davis
TB Bush
FB Norris
WR Johnson
WR Mathis / Gaffney
TE Pope / Joppru
LT Colledge
RT Wade
LG Pitts
RG Wiegert
C Hodgdon

The peices are set. Just need the coach to coach them. Give them a winning formula.

Louisville has a very good football program. I'm sure Petrino is a good coach, and there could be worse choices. However, my mind has pretty much already been made up that I want Kubiak.

John Clayton has said that the job is the guy from Iowa's if he wants it, but that he will most likely remain at Iowa. I have a good feeling that Gary Kubiak is going to be the coach.

dat_boy_yec said:
What about Cameron, I heard he was the OC for the chargers. What does everybody think about him?
If I'm not mistaken he was the head coach at Indiana, and was run out of there. Admittedly you can't build a football program overnight in the Big Ten, getting creamed by Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State every year, but he was nothing special as a collegiate head coach.

Cam Cameron • 1997-2001
Career Record at Indiana: 18-37
Big Ten Record at Indiana: 12-28
Cam Cameron led the Hoosiers for five seasons
and complied a record of 18-37. He was the
second former Indiana student-athlete to take
over at the helm of the IU football program.
Cameron played both football and basketball
for Indiana in the early 1980's. Prior to joining
the Indiana coaching ranks he served as an
assistant coach for the Washington Redskins
in the NFL. Cameron brought an explosive
offense to Memorial Stadium and a new look to
Hoosier football. Indiana took the field with a
new oval IU logo. Indiana averaged 23.6 points
per game under Cameron's guidance. The
Hoosiers enjoyed success as well in the classroom
as IU was recoginzed by the American
Football Coaches Association for their exemplary
football graduation rates in each of
Cameron's final four seasons.

AND THEN THEY CANNED HIS *****

No way I want this guy in charge of our team.

You Should Want Dan Reeves...................................he Would Lead This Team To The Super Bowl Within Two Years.

Back