Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kris brown!!!

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
Fire KRIS BROWN!! He's had a good run but obviously the Hurculean task of kicking a ball through two post while other guys are being beaten to a pulp, having bones broken and having their guts stomped in is proving too much for him. Two close games that could have gone to overtime...two times he's blown it. Kris...Na na na na...na na na na...hey hey hey...GET THE #ü¢K OUT!

Fire KRIS BROWN!! He's had a good run but obviously the Hurculean task of kicking a ball through two post while other guys are being beaten to a pulp, having bones broken and having their guts stomped in is proving too much for him. Two close games that could have gone to overtime...two times he's blown it. Kris...Na na na na...na na na na...hey hey hey...GET THE #ü¢K OUT!

lmfao

Yeah. You know, he's been SO clutch in his career over the years, so I cut him slack when he missed against the Colts.

Now it's clear that whatever he had in the clutch is now gone. There are probably 1000 placekickers who aren't in the NFL right now who COULD kick in the NFL, but can't get it done in the clutch. If you're an NFL kicker and you can't kick in the clutch, you're worthless. Kris Brown is now one of those kickers.

Yeah. You know, he's been SO clutch in his career over the years, so I cut him slack when he missed against the Colts.

Now it's clear that whatever he had in the clutch is now gone. There are probably 1000 placekickers who aren't in the NFL right now who COULD kick in the NFL, but can't get it done in the clutch. If you're an NFL kicker and you can't kick in the clutch, you're worthless. Kris Brown is now one of those kickers.

It HURTS to say that. The man was reliable, but made 1 of 3 today and missed his LAST two in Indy. Much like Tony Fritz back in the day...I got nothing but love for the guy, but it's time for him to go.

I'm not going to say there was no pressure in all those kicks that Kris has made in the past for us but I'm getting the feeling that it isn't nearly at the level that these past two weeks have been. Kris can kick a gamewinner during a season that is destined for mediocrity but when there is a kick that holds playoff consequences the stakes rise considerably. Maybe he just got accustomed to medium pressure kicks, Lord knows he has played a long time here without having to make a season saving/defining kick before these last two.

Post of the ****ing week my brother.

Post of the ****ing week....

leave this city Kris Brown. You choking SOB!!

kris brown's flaws are in his steps. for much of his career he's had a "hitch in his giddy-up" taking a bounce with the steps. for most of last season and early in this season he's long strided and taken sure footed quick steps, almost appearing that he's removed a stride from his wind-up. in the past few games he's bouncing again, similar to kickoff form or when a kicker or soccer player would try to add extra distance. i've deleted this game from DVR already so i cant go back and look, but kris doesnt need the rocket - his distance from 50+ is more than adequate. he needs to short plant and focus.

kris brown's flaws are in his steps. for much of his career he's had a "hitch in his giddy-up" taking a bounce with the steps. for most of last season and early in this season he's long strided and taken sure footed quick steps, almost appearing that he's removed a stride from his wind-up. in the past few games he's bouncing again, similar to kickoff form or when a kicker or soccer player would try to add extra distance. i've deleted this game from DVR already so i cant go back and look, but kris doesnt need the rocket - his distance from 50+ is more than adequate. he needs to short plant and focus.

Great thread. Interesting technical analysis by Scooter (who obviously likes the cookie) and the cold hard truth by Dread.

Sorry, Kris.

He also needs to read some articles in Playboy.

What happened to the one guy we could always count on to come through for us with the game on the line? Some might say, "What about AJ?" but a lot of his success is highly dependent on how the QB is playing. 3 games ago I was confident that if we needed Kris Brown to make a FG with the game on the line he could make it. I thought he was the best kicker in the league. Now after these last 2 games I cant help but wonder what happened to the guy we used to call "Mr. Automatic". Brown cost us the win today, it would've been ugly but a win is a win. He went 1-3 with both misses under 50 yards.

As far as I am concerned, he cost us the Indy win as well, another game that would've been an ugly win but the kicker had a chance to put it into OT and failed to come through. I don't care who you are, if you cost us 2 wins in a row you need to be replaced.

Post of the ****ing week my brother.

Post of the ****ing week....

leave this city Kris Brown. You choking SOB!!

Aw man... I love Kris Brown. Dammit. It's time to find a new kicker but c'mon... that man loves the Houston Texans. I know. I've met him a few times and have actually spoken with him over an extended period (I actually interviewed him once). His intensity for the Houston Texans football team is rarely matched.

Ugh. We need a new kicker but I'm not going to razz on him as hard as you did. It sucks to be a Texans fan.

You guy's leave the id!ot liquored up kicker alone .... at least till the hangover wears off .... Then you can lynch him. (If he aint liquored up yet , he should be)

once a kicker starts going down this path its hard to be good again. he did have some tough times before he came here.

i say he got 3 strikes in clutch kicking football hes already down 2 strikes 1 more buddy and un enployment line for u how is that for Pressure LOL

once a kicker starts going down this path its hard to be good again. he did have some tough times before he came here.

IMO kris can relatively easily fix his problems, though it's breaking of a habit that he'd done well with until about 4 or 5 games ago. he's missing to both sides which tells me it's not a body problem. think of it as a golf swing - if he's shifting his weight too far back much like a high angled kick or chip shot, he'd be pulling the ball - pushing forward like a line drive he'd be slicing. his hitch is in his approach.

watch the kickoffs, the kicker rocks back to forward and bounds a few steps to build momentum for both the approach and the kick itsself to generate more distance - as long as they keep it inbounds there's no real concern about accuracy. during a fieldgoal however, the set into the plant foot is everything - again think golf, lining up forward of the ball or behind it affects the trajectory. what kris is doing is what many kickers, especially younger ones do, is that they put extra into the approach for a faster drive and more distance. there absolutely cant be a bounce or hop in the step because nomatter how much practice, it's that much more difficult to plant consistantly. each plant has to be precise and deliberate to strike the ball accordingly - obviously missing shouldnt happen, but you'd rather your kicker miss short that miss wide.

whether kris can regain better habits is to be seen and maybe wont happen, but he's still got the talent to get the job done. he's got 6 games to prove it either way.

Back