Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kastofna insight needed.

V Man

Pumpkinhead
Being that you are a big fins fan, is Marcus Vick still with the team, or do you have any info on him (other than his arrest record:rolleyes: ).

yeah he was brought up from the practice squad 2 weeks ago. hasn't seen the field yet. he's the 5th receiver right now i believe.

Back on topic. Who's the LB that falls in the draft due to a lack of athleticism or size? Such as DeMeco Ryans and Lofa Tatupu.

both buster davis and h.b. blades are undersized, but playmakers. blades reminds me of zach thomas. davis is 5'10 if his best friend is measuring him, but he makes a ton of plays. both will be huge value picks.

this thread should be stickied. as the board's local genius, my wisdom should inspire all to ask more and more questions. regarding football, that is.

Why is there an expiration date on Sour Cream?

this thread should be stickied. as the board's local genius, my wisdom should inspire all to ask more and more questions. regarding football, that is.

So I should rephrase the question.

When making a dip for my football draft party, I was wondering why is there a expiration date on my sour cream?

you guys are ridiculous.

anyway, here's my latest top 10 mock:

1. Arizona - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin. pretty obvious pick here.
2. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame. hopefully millen is gone at this point. detroit gets the best QB in the draft, and mike martz has a new toy. unless he leaves...
3. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. jerry porter is likely gone, randy moss could be moved as well, so it's time to replace them with a guy who has a higher ceiling than both.
4. Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson. simeon rice has played his last game as a buc. i don't think gruden will be back.
5. Tennessee - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. gotta get someone opposite pacman.
6. Miami - Jared Gaither, T, Maryland. extremely athletic tackle, an excellent prospect for saban and houck. could be better than joe thomas in the long haul.
7. Houston - Laron Landry, S, LSU. the secondary needs more playmakers. landry is that player they need.
8. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. cleveland has no running game at this point, and it isn't all reuben droughns fault, but still, peterson is a big upgrade.
9. Pittsburgh - Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal. pitt's secondary has been torched this year. hughes is a great cover corner and a ballhawk to boot.
10. Washington - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska. carriker is having a monster year, and washington needs a pass rusher opposite of andre carter.

you guys are ridiculous.

2. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame. hopefully millen is gone at this point. detroit gets the best QB in the draft, and mike martz has a new toy. unless he leaves...
3. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. jerry porter is likely gone, randy moss could be moved as well, so it's time to replace them with a guy who has a higher ceiling than both.
4. Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson. simeon rice has played his last game as a buc. i don't think gruden will be back.
6. Miami - Jared Gaither, T, Maryland. extremely athletic tackle, an excellent prospect for saban and houck. could be better than joe thomas in the long haul.
7. Houston - Laron Landry, S, LSU. the secondary needs more playmakers. landry is that player they need.
8. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. cleveland has no running game at this point, and it isn't all reuben droughns fault, but still, peterson is a big upgrade.
9. Pittsburgh - Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal. pitt's secondary has been torched this year. hughes is a great cover corner and a ballhawk to boot.
10. Washington - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska. carriker is having a monster year, and washington needs a pass rusher opposite of andre carter.

If we do select Laron Landry, will he get a endorsement deal with Landry's Seafood Resturants?:dance2:

you guys are ridiculous.

I wouldnt call 4 sacks a monster year for Carriker but he does have an INT & 12 TFLs.

In my opinion Woodley (Michigan) is better, but some teams want to move him to OLB. If the Redskins are a team that would move him, then they should draft Carriker, otherwise they should be all over Woodley.

Woodley's stats so far: 29 tackles, 17 TFL, 11 sacks, 4 FF
He also runs a 4.5 which is why he might get moved to LB.

i don't care about carriker's stats. the guy is a beast. he disrupts the play every single down. he gets double-teamed, but that doesn't stop him. he puts more pressure on the QB than anyone. teams roll their QB away from him on purpose.

Kastofsna,
With 2006 seeming to be the best draft class ever for the Texans(didnt take much to do that), will the Texans 2007 choices be as good or better then thier 2006 predecessors?

latest top 10 draft mock:

1. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame. no-brainer.
2. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin. no-brainer.
3. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. porter is gone, moss is likely gone, too. and he's the best player in the draft.
4. Houston Texans - LaRon Landry, S, LSU. this team needs secondary help in the worst way, especially at S. this is probably a reach, and i would think Houston would look to trade down in this scenario, but...here we are.
5. Washington Redskins - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. another fine CB to play alongside carlos rogers.
6. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. some call this a huge reach, others call this huge steal. romeo crennell takes a chance.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jared Gaither, T, Maryland. jeremy trueblood is a decent looking rookie, but he's destined for RT. gaither has freakish ability and could wind up being better than Joe Thomas one day.
8. Tennessee Titans - Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal. pacman blows, although this isn't the reason they'll take hughes; reynaldo hill just so happens to blow more.
9. Minnesota Vikings - Levi Brown, T, Penn State. bryant mckinnie is a pretty good LT, and steve hutchinson has been a nice addition, but the right side of the line has a lot left to be desired.
10. St. Louis Rams - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson. nice value pick here with adams. the murderer leonard little signed an extension recently, but some help on the other side would be great. they need more passrush.

Nothing like havin lil miss cleos running around.

I was getting worried you wouldn't say yes.

Before we get married, you must denounce your ties to any FL team and bow down to me and the state of Texas. Then we can go from there. :yahoo:

We are registered at every store that sells expensive stuff. Don't see us officially registered? Buy it anyways. I can always re-sell it on ebay.

Nothing like havin lil miss cleos running around.

I was getting worried you wouldn't say yes.

Before we get married, you must denounce your ties to any FL team and bow down to me and the state of Texas. Then we can go from there. :yahoo:

Great, our first wedding on the message board and it already needs a prenubt (sp).

my latest mock. Sweet 16:

1. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame. Jon Kitna has had a fine year for the struggling Lions, but he's clearly not the future. Nor is Josh McCown. Mike Martz would love Quinn--if he sticks around of course.
2. Arizona - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin.. The Cardinals have two huge weaknesses: running the ball and protecting the passer. Both are pretty important aspects of football. And that's why the Cardinals are picking the top 5 again. Right now, Thomas is better in the running game than in the passing game. That looks to change soon.
3. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. It looks like Randy Moss and Jerry Porter could both be gone from Oaktown soon; at least Porter for sure. Johnson brings a lot of Moss's game but without the 'tude, plus he doesn't have that bitter veteran thing going on. And he's used to having a QB who can't get him the ball.
4. Houston - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. I don't buy that Gary Kubiak wouldn't take a RB in the first round. Especially after trying to trade up and grab DeAngelo Williams this past year. Peterson has special abilities and Houston needs a back who can carry the ball, and the team.
5. Cleveland - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal. The Browns have a ton of problems on offense this year. Charlie Frye has been hugely disappointing thus far, and the running game is absent. You can't shoulder all the blame on Reuben Droughns, but he's not a franchise back regardless. Lynch has a rare ability to hit the hole and shoot past the defenders that only the great ones have.
6. Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson. Simeon Rice is done, but his replacement, Dwayne White, has looked far more impressive the last two years anyway. The problem is Greg Spires, opposite of White. He's just not that good, and he's getting older. The bookends of White and Adams will be a dangerous combo for years. The Bucs' biggest problems this year all start up front on defense.
7. Green Bay - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC. This team has a lot of holes on defense, but Jarrett is a damn fine specimen at receiver, and with Donald Driver consistently getting older, and Greg Jennings looking like the real deal, the Packers give Brett Favre one more reason to stick around. For a year...or more.
8. Washington - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska. The best DE in the draft in my opinion. Washington has had a lot of trouble putting pressure on the opposing QB this year (among other things). Carriker has taken over games and demanded offenses to revise their gameplans around him.
9. Pittsburgh - Quinten Moses, DE, Georgia. It's been a rough year for the champs. Bill Cowher looks to be on his way out, and that could be one of many reasons why this team is struggling. Another reason is their defense, which has been uncharacteristically poor in the front 7. Moses, while not the dominant player this year that people expected, is still a special talent.
10. Tennessee - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona. I'm resigned to the fact that this is a VERY weak draft for corners. The top corners all have big flaws in their game, and have all had poor games against talented receivers. Cason appears to be the exception, but I still see him as being unpolished and not the kind of player I would spend a top pick on. However, GM's are well known for reaching on corners, both in the draft and free agency. Tennessee needs a corner badly because of how much Reynaldo Hill sucks.
11. Atlanta - Laron Landry, S, LSU. Michael Vick sucks, but so does the Falcons' secondary. It's bad enough they have the most overrated CB in the league in Deangelo Hall back there, but the safety tandem slow and/or old, so Hall's frequent mistakes are even more evident. Lots and lots of deep passes this year. Landry should help there, and even moreso in the running game.
12. Minnesota - Levi Brown, T, PSU. The left side of the line looks fine with McKinnie and Hutchinson, but the right side has a lot left to be desired. Some serious secondary help would be nice here, too.
13. St. Louis - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida. Reggie Nelson has played himself into the first round this year. St. Louis is a defense that relies on turnovers, and Nelson can give you that, as well as excellent coverage and is surprisingly well against the run. The Eraser, they call him.
14. San Francisco - Alan Branch, DT/DE, Michigan. San Fran is having a very surprising season, mostly due to the good young offense and Frank Gore. The defense has a lot of holes still.
15. Philadelphia - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Browns are solid starters--I guess. Even so, there isn't a lot behind them, and I'm sure one of these guys is hitting free agency soon.
16. Miami - Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State. A few reasons why I see this happening: Saban is all about BPA; Saban is all about QB's with great mobility and big arms; Saban likes winners; Saban and Randy Mueller love bringing in as many QB's as possible; with this move, Harrington becomes huge trade bait on draft day, and someone is going to send a 3rd rounder for him. I'm not sure who I like more in this draft, Quinn or Smith, but it's close. Both have serious futures in the NFL.

Back