Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kareem Jackson vs "the field"

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
I'm hearing a lot of commentary that KJ isn't looking like the starter opposite JJo?

Who will it be on opening day?

where are you hearing this? is it from an official source that is actually watching TC or a Texans employee or is it from reading uninformed message board posters guessing based on performance from last year?

where are you hearing this? is it from an official source that is actually watching TC or a Texans employee or is it from reading uninformed message board posters guessing based on performance from last year?

Yes, this is my exact thought about the original post as well.

How can anyone be judging who is "looking like the starter opposite JJo" when JJo hasn't even been on the field yet?

How can anyone be judging who is "looking like the starter opposite JJo" when JJo hasn't even been on the field yet?

You're reasoning doesn't compute to me.

I mean, you can get a better sense of how the second CB will perform along side JoJo, but it isn't necessary for JoJo to be on the field to evaluate the second CB, and determine which one is looking more (or less) like the guy who will win that spot.

This was my first thought. JJo can't even take the field with the team until tomorrow...Not buying it, yet!

I've been listening to 610 all morning as usual online. They have had a couple Texans employees talk about it. I know Rick Smith was on and I believe they discussed the topic as well as with Nick Scurfield (SP?) the guy that manages the Texans info on their site, etc.

Also, I wanna say McClain was talking about it this morning but can't remember for sure.

Anyone else listening to 610 and hear all these interviews?

Mike Meltzer is the Guy talking about it.

Meltzer hasn't been on the air all morning on 610 today unless I missed something.

I think you're listening to Brian Straw who is filling in for Meltz.

But either way, you're right, listening to that now too..

Meltzer hasn't been on the air all morning on 610 today unless I missed something.

I think you're listening to Brian Straw who is filling in for Meltz.

But either way, you're right, listening to that now too..

Was listening to it online while I cleaned up, it was in Meltzers normal spot so I thought it was him ;)

It's commentary -- obviously nothing "official" from Texans at the opening of camp -- from two different sportstalk shows yesterday & today. Listening online for the first time, so I don't know who's who.

It's just the first time I've heard it as a possibility, and I heard it two times in two days.

uninformed

Quin was the better of the two last year and he was moved. I have long wondered why KJ was anointed a starter before camp ever began. KJ was as much to blame as anyone last year.

My suspicion is that KJ and allen will share time depending on who was the last to give up a big play and ultimately Brandon Harris will take over.

I'm prety sure it will be an open competition.. KJ wasn't Wade's pick so he doesn't owe anything to him, hell he already criticized his technique during the lockout period..

I'll be happy with an open competition between KJ and JA with the better player being on the field opening day. (I'm pretty sure it will be Allen)

I don't mean to be the sound of reason because frankly I want to be optimistic and speculate with the rest of yall.

But... its freaking day 3 of training camp. There's almost a full month to go, and today is the first day in pads.

Lets back just hold our horses for the time being.

Quin was the better of the two last year and he was moved. I have long wondered why KJ was anointed a starter before camp ever began. KJ was as much to blame as anyone last year.

My suspicion is that KJ and allen will share time depending on who was the last to give up a big play and ultimately Brandon Harris will take over.
#1 pick for a dire need position. Coaches needed to make a statement & did so with a player coached by Sabin who ran a "pro style" defense. It was a bad pick as the defensive coaches did little to help KJ with training or safety back up. That appears to have been recently corrected.

I meant this camp moreso then last year. If KJ doesnt have his sh*t together i'm not gonna give him another chance to learn on the field.

BUT -i will say he wasnt given an honest chance to succeed last year considering his immediate splash, coaching, and the talent around him...

I meant this camp moreso then last year. If KJ doesnt have his sh*t together i'm not gonna give him another chance to learn on the field.

BUT -i will say he wasnt given an honest chance to succeed last year considering his immediate splash, coaching, and the talent around him...

More importantly, how awesome is your avatar? I would say it's in the top 1 of 1.

OT - Hopefully KJAX will pull the finger out this season.

KJ...because the Texans pay him too much money to sit on the bench.
Wade Phillips won't give a crap how much $$$ Jackson makes this year ($4.685 million is guaranteed). He'll play the best players. Let's be honest. Phillips reports to no one but Bob McNair. And McNair isn't going to micromanage Wade's decisions on playing time.

Here's a Chomical article on KJ.

Kareem Jackson squared up in front of Kevin Walter, mirroring the wide receiver's short burst of steps off the line of scrimmage with a quick backpedal of his own. When Walter broke right on the slant route, Jackson dug his feet into the turf and drove forward.

The pass was incomplete.

"That's beautiful, K-Jack! Beautiful," Texans first-year secondary coach Vance Joseph said.

Just as quickly, though, Jackson resembled the rookie cornerback who was victimized so often last year. Undrafted rookie free agent Jeff Maehl, a productive player during collegiate days at Oregon, unleashed a hitch-and-go pattern so convincing that Jackson bit, stumbled and never really recovered, beaten badly for a long touchdown.

This, seen too many times during the 2010 season, was familiar. But the reaction was not.

Back